When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Yup....and hedging bets that with at least some expert knowledge and input it's more likely to be good than not.  Shame is that they're using real lives as the bargaining chips.

I mean, if they didn’t use lives as bargaining chips then we’d wait longer to have a vaccine and more people would die. So isn’t it better to just put some people who aren’t vulnerable in the vaccine group, in order to protect the older/sick people and speed up the vaccine? 

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I mean, if they didn’t use lives as bargaining chips then we’d wait longer to have a vaccine and more people would die. So isn’t it better to just put some people who aren’t vulnerable in the vaccine group, in order to protect the older/sick people and speed up the vaccine? 

Well yes, cock-waving aside that's clearly something that the Russians would argue.  The problem is that with insufficient testing they may simply be causing more deaths or illness than they would otherwise be saving.  It's a gamble....they've rolled the dice and will be hoping it pays off.

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m confused about this. Did 5000 people not die or are they blaming cause of death on something else. 

Of course these 5000 sadly died but as medical statisticians pointed out weeks ago, the way England recorded Covid deaths meant it was virtually impossible to die of anything else once a person had tested positive for Covid-19. Other countries set a limit of dying with 28 days of a positive test for it to be recorded as Covid. England have now chosen to come into line with other countries. This makes data comparisons easier....or the government look better, depending on your persuasion. 

Many of the 5000 probably did die as a result of corona virus infection. So too have many in other countries post 28 days after testing positive, but these have not been recorded as Covid deaths. Some will have died of a totally unrelated cause; whilst some will have succumb to another respiratory  disease exacerbated by recent covid.

42 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They died 28 days after being found positive. (Which how a lot of countries do it)

Some car accidents, some older people dying from pre existing conditions?

As per this, it seems its been overstated a lot in the last month. 

I can only assume this will be reflected in the Gov portal figures sometime soon.

Of course the downside is it being seen as downgrading the impact of Covid and measures subsequently being less well observed than previously.

Edited by parsonjack

12 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Fantastic News!! Well done you!! Where are you going??? 

To the east coast. Great Yarmouth, lowestoft, maybe down to southend as well. We haven't booked yet but it's with a friend and we have made a plan so fingers crossed. Hope it's not breaking the rules 😅😂 guess its only 2 households though haha.

Will be my first time in a hotel, eating out etc, the lot so it's a big step for me. I'm hoping it won't be too busy. It's mainly on the coast so don't want the crowded beaches like on the news, but hopefully will be a bit quieter. 

It will be the eat out to help out thing too so guess I will be going to some restaurants! Which is a big step, but rather that than crowded pubs! 

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

To the east coast. Great Yarmouth, lowestoft, maybe down to southend as well. We haven't booked yet but it's with a friend and we have made a plan so fingers crossed. Hope it's not breaking the rules 😅😂 guess its only 2 households though haha.

Will be my first time in a hotel, eating out etc, the lot so it's a big step for me. I'm hoping it won't be too busy. It's mainly on the coast so don't want the crowded beaches like on the news, but hopefully will be a bit quieter. 

It will be the eat out to help out thing too so guess I will be going to some restaurants! Which is a big step, but rather that than crowded pubs! 

Sounds good, it's only 2 of you so that will keep any risk to a minimum as well. I hope you have fun and enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I'm in Norfolk which has benefitted from being on the arse and of the country with relatively lower cases and currently there hasn't been a big rise so hopefully there won't be any kind of lockdowns during your stay.

As long as you don't go to the beach at Southend (where lots of Londoners go) then you should be fine as there are plenty of wonderful beaches around this area so people can spread out more and generally restaurants around here have outdoor spaces so are using them so you won't be indoors - just remember to stay safe and I hope you enjoy your trip to this lovely little part of the country :)

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

Is tht due to thunder and lightening it’s gone very eiry And still here!  

No nothing at all ... :( that’s the bit I was hoping for ... might get some tomoro morning but don’t think any is coming tonight ... good thing I have a couple of trusty power banks charged :) 

20 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm in Norfolk which has benefitted from being on the arse and of the country with relatively lower cases and currently there hasn't been a big rise so hopefully there won't be any kind of lockdowns during your stay.

As long as you don't go to the beach at Southend (where lots of Londoners go) then you should be fine as there are plenty of wonderful beaches around this area so people can spread out more and generally restaurants around here have outdoor spaces so are using them so you won't be indoors - just remember to stay safe and I hope you enjoy your trip to this lovely little part of the country :)

Thanks- sounds great. There’s a beach in winterton (I think) with seals which looks amazing- I’ve put it on the list!

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sounds good, it's only 2 of you so that will keep any risk to a minimum as well. I hope you have fun and enjoy. 

Yes hopefully should be nice and not too busy! Thanks.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Excellent news :) 

Hopefully it goes ahead- fingers crossed. Excited but also nervous!

Got my mask and hand sanitiser ready 😂

Edited by FestivalJamie