When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

wasn't the oxford one due in october time ? pending trials ? 

Yeah, but I expect another 2 months for production/distribution.

I really put my money on januari for a good working vaccine being distributed worldwide.

But let's see what happens. Things are looking quite hopeful at the moment. 

Edited by lighthouse

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

they were saying a lot of this a few months ago...maybe to help get some funding...but now looking like end of year at very earliest.

Might be ours anyway

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/russian-hackers-steal-coronavirus-vaccine-uk-minister-cyber-attack

Just now, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but I expect another 2 months for production/distribution.

I really put my money on januari for a good working vaccine being distributed worldwide.

But let's see what happens. 

wasn't the production of 100 million doses happening anyway ... so it would just be the distribution that would need to happen / potentially and of course the actual mammoth task of doing the vaccinations .... just looking up how long it takes do do the flu vaccine because that one runs over at least 8 week timescale at my surgery if I remember rightly 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

or they just want to see what the competition is doing, or they are just mischief making, or it was just made up allegations...

You’re probablu right - it looks though the Russians are already tied in with the Oxford vaccine

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/astrazeneca-signs-covid-19-shot-deal-russia-days-after-hacking-accusations-surface

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

It's a dating site for people that easily manipulated and susceptible to gaslighting. 

What could possibly go wrong?

(I know I'm making it sound like a joke but honestly that place is going to be full of controlling, predatory dickheads looking for easily led victims)

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sputnik V is what the Russian vaccine is called. Ready to go in Russia October 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/11/russia-approves-coronavirus-vaccine-despite-testing-safety-concerns-vladimir-putin

“Putin said that his daughter had a temperature of 38C on the day of the first vaccine injection, and then it dropped to just over 37C on the following day. After the second shot she again had a slight increase in temperature, but then it was all over.“

Not overwhelming me with confidence that endorsement..

14 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

“Putin said that his daughter had a temperature of 38C on the day of the first vaccine injection, and then it dropped to just over 37C on the following day. After the second shot she again had a slight increase in temperature, but then it was all over.“

Sounds like clear, conclusive scientific proof to me! 

22 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Not overwhelming me with confidence that endorsement..

Oh my god that sounds horrific. How are they actually planning on giving that to the public. 

Just now, JoeyT said:

Ah yeah that'll be it.

Shame neither post on here anymore, great posters in times gone by. 

Anyone know why they've disappeared? @eFestivals?

@russycarps disappeared after a significant post number if I remember correctly - maybe 99,999? Been gone for a while. Sure @Mardy has been around more recently, though. I suspect one of those who just isn't posting much with the festival not on.

People say they have seen @russycarps lurking mind...

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

@russycarps disappeared after a significant post number if I remember correctly - maybe 99,999? Been gone for a while. Sure @Mardy has been around more recently, though. I suspect one of those who just isn't posting much with the festival not on.

People say they have seen @russycarps lurking mind...

wonder if hes like a genie .... tag him 3x and he will appear @russycarps stopped posting on 19,999 I believe .....

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i thought that the oxford vaccine produced some similar results in the trials ... and that a slight temperature increase was not unusual and easy enough to treat with paracetamol ..... apologies @Toilet Duck but your  wisdom is  needed 

Yes, calling @toiletDuck please. I was feeling so positive about the Oxford vaccine until I stumbled on this. Not life threatening but probably enough to put most off

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/covid-19-vaccines-with-minor-side-effects-could-still-be-pretty-bad/amp

2 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Yes, calling @toiletDuck please. I was feeling so positive about the Oxford vaccine until I stumbled on this. Not life threatening but probably enough to put most off

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/covid-19-vaccines-with-minor-side-effects-could-still-be-pretty-bad/amp

meh, rather have a fever than Covid

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

meh, rather have a fever than Covid

I mean, to me a temperature of 38 degrees seems remarkably similar to covid.

Similarly as we don’t know the long term effects of covid, what are the long term effects of this vaccine. Could it be capable of permanent lung damage and the like, which the virus itself could be capable of?