When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Are New Zealand's borders open, especially to places like Victoria, Australia?

I’m pretty sure I heard the borders are shut until March 2021. Anyone coming in has to do a quarantine if I’m correct.

The temporary lockdown makes sense, could save the virus running out of control again, otherwise they could find themselves back in a full lockdown all over again, or having to live with permanent restrictions like we are.

Edited by FestivalJamie

13 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Only open to returning residents, with mandatory 14 day quarantine on arrival. Been a few dicks doing runners from the facilities though.

Yes indeed. The big controversy currently is that those who do return now have to pay for their own quarantine too (unless they are going for more than 90 days).

41 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Nope, absolutely no way I am taking that.

No, I wouldn’t either but I do hope it’s successful. Not only for the health of the participants but if it’s not, with bad side effects, it’s going to be a field day for the anti vaxxers. This could then cause a low take up on the properly tested/trialled vaccines

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

47 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I thought if brexit was so popular, it'd be easy to find someone who agreed?...

Yeah, if that's "all" she wants then the bar is set pretty low.

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they're all ugly.

Well, there is that.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Nope, absolutely no way I am taking that.

But that's not really the question, would you support the Russian company setting up a facility here or a UK company buying a license to produce it here so it could start the process of being accredited here by the MHRA?

We aren't just going to take Putin's word that it's safe but we shouldn't right it off as useless either.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

How these vaccines are distributed is going to get political.

I remember seeing that the companies are setting up lots of separate supply chains within countries because they don't trust other countries to be able to control themselves if vaccine materials are moving through it.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Bollox. New Zealand back in lockdown Fromm noon tomorrow. 4 cases, first for 102 days, 1 family, no clue where it came from.

coincidence?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/300078181/england-allrounder-ben-stokes-to-fly-to-new-zealand-for-family-reasons