When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Plot twist.  I'm the Toxic Avenger - not too hard to work out if you look at mine and sdsm's post history.

I agree with FatYeti: upvotes/downvotes are pretty-much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - particularly in a thread about a global pandemic.  However, I singled sdsm out for downvotes because they're obviously a sore-point for him, and he uses them in place of actually sticking his head above the parapet and expressing his right-wing objections to what Ozanne and co. are actually saying. 

I did try the grown-up thing earlier by inviting him to join the debate and assuring him that his contribution would be valuable to avoid a 'liberal echo chamber forming.  I subsequently got taken down by everyone else for being a 'leftie who hates lefties.'

right and left w*nkfest.

2 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Plot twist.  I'm the Toxic Avenger - not too hard to work out if you look at mine and sdsm's post history.

I agreee with FatYeti: upvotes/downvotes are pretty-much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - particularly in a thread about a global pandemic.  However, I singled sdsm out for downvotes because they're obviously a sore-point for him, and he uses them in place of actually sticking his head above the parapet and expressing his right-wing objections to what Ozanne and co. are actually saying. 

I did try the grown-up thing earlier by inviting him to join the debate and assuring him that his contribution would be valuable to avoid a 'liberal echo chamber forming.  I subsequently got taken down by everyone else for being a 'leftie who hates lefties.'

Great so now I know who it is! Let’s see what happens now 

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

1.5m is completely unmitigated, not “no lockdown”.

IMO, the best approach would have been to reset things to how they were over Mother’s Day weekend. Pubs and restaurants closed, but non-essential retail open and people could visit whoever they like. 

Is that entirely fair on the pub/restaurant industry and all its millions of employees, when they’ve actually been able to open without any significant increase in cases? It seems pretty arbitrary to suggest they should’ve remained shut when they’ve not caused any real issue.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you refer to your other half  as them very often ? and was it before or after the account got deleted you asked them to stop ? 

Come on now, "they/them" is a perfectly acceptable gender neutral way to refer to a person. It's none of our business what gender sdsm's partner is, or in fact anything about them. I can't think of a different way to refer to someone in those circumstances.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Come on now, "they/them" is a perfectly acceptable gender neutral way to refer to a person. It's none of our business what gender sdsm's partner is, or in fact anything about them. I can't think of a different way to refer to someone in those circumstances.

fair yes ... 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you refer to your other half  as them very often ? and was it before or after the account got deleted you asked them to stop ? 

It was before to be honest! I asked them to upvote my posts for when I get downvote for making right wing statements and ye I do cause it’s a guy so them makes it not obvious lol

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

apologies ... I posted without thinking there 

That’s sound! I don’t really care to be honest I just use them to not make it into a discussion as I visit lots of sites and I just cba with the whole he’s gay conversation when I can just keep it private if you get me

1 minute ago, Sdsm123 said:

That’s sound! I don’t really care to be honest I just use them to not make it into a discussion as I visit lots of sites and I just cba with the whole he’s gay conversation when I can just keep it private if you get me

yep totally ... lets move on and go back to pandemic topics :) 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m conflicted, I love Nolan but am nervous about a cinema. Plus my group would be 3 guys from different households which isn’t what you are allowed to do. 

Surely just sit separately then meet at the pub garden after to talk about it?