When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

47 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

My Mum, Dad and 2 brothers all got Covid end March (thankfully didn't need hospital) and all live in same house

• Mum mid-60s - fatigue, fever, loss of smell and taste - still gets fatigue and sense of smell only just coming back
  • Dad mid-60s - fatigue, cough, fever, bad headaches - still gets fatigue 
  • Bro 1 25 - no symptoms
  • Bro 2 27 - fatigue, fever, loss of smell and taste - bounced back within 7-10 days

This thing does stick around as there has been plenty of observations of this from recovery patients healthy or not :( 

I had it back in April. Had a really sore throat and a temperature. No cough or loss of smell. After a week of feeling ok but a bit strange I went down hill fast and ended up in hospital in oxygen for a few days. I am still struggling to catch my breath now if I use stairs or walk up hills. I would certainly struggle with a Glastonbury. Strangely my wife didn’t get it at all and we didn’t distance at all. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

remember this...

I've already commented on the tweet, I just feel we are going old ground and they will protect him at all costs and have no problem with lying to do so... I just feel resource would be better used elsewhere :( 

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’m really sorry, I hope you guys are holding up ok, staying strong and fighting through this. My aunt is mainly experiencing fatigue in her relapses but sometimes the cough comes back.

My dad thinks he had it (I’m not sure personally) before tests were available and he still has relapses of a dry cough... so I’m just not sure but it’s equally also quite scary.

They are okay, I've only spoken to them as they live up in the North East so not travelling anytime soon. None of them got tested either as wasn't available so with Bro 1 who showed no symptoms maybe he didn't have it but they all live in each others pockets in a bungalow, can't see how he didn't catch it though

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

world leading app is coming ..... but not reliable enough to tell us to isolate :) 

Coronavirus: England's contact-tracing app readies for launch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53678508

Possibly by design - can you imagine how many would be off if an app worked properly? Would decimate the workforce come winter, never mind if NHS staff use it 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

world leading app is coming ..... but not reliable enough to tell us to isolate :) 

Coronavirus: England's contact-tracing app readies for launch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53678508

I’m a bit confused by this since we’ve had an app for about a month. If you get a positive test, you get a 6 digit code from the HSE (the Irish NHS), you input the code and the notification goes to the phones whose proximity details are stored on yours (and it tells you what to do...restrict your movements and arrange a test basically). It’s almost identical to the one rolled out last week in NI (and the two apps can send information between them). By all accounts, there’s little or no difference with apps used in other EU countries, so why new apps need to be developed hasn’t been fully explained to me. Maybe the more technologically minded on here can explain? Would it not make more sense if we all had the same app and the apps could notify the others (since we are now moving around Europe again?)...

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

I’m a bit confused by this since we’ve had an app for about a month. If you get a positive test, you get a 6 digit code from the HSE (the Irish NHS), you input the code and the notification goes to the phones whose proximity details are stored on yours (and it tells you what to do...restrict your movements and arrange a test basically). It’s almost identical to the one rolled out last week in NI (and the two apps can send information between them). By all accounts, there’s little or no difference with apps used in other EU countries, so why new apps need to be developed hasn’t been fully explained to me. Maybe the more technologically minded on here can explain? Would it not make more sense if we all had the same app and the apps could notify the others (since we are now moving around Europe again?)...

if you are confused not sure where that leaves the rest of us :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Probably down to someone in govt trying to make a few quid on the side.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Probably down to someone in govt trying to make a few quid on the side.

I presumed that was certainly the case with the first version (the data collected would be extremely valuable)...But the new one is basically what everyone else is using, so I can only imagine that the contract to develop it is benefiting someone! just seems odd to spend ages developing something that is in widespread use elsewhere. Anyway, hopefully it helps...

So I’m back in the office in central London on an occasional basis and I’m finding things quite strange. The actual office has handled social distancing really well so that’s not a problem at all. I feel like my office has done well to make people feel safe.

My tube route into the office is really quiet. Even during peak times. The weirdest thing is how dead the centre of London is. I went out to try and get a coffee about 3pm and the only cafe I could find open near me was in the tube station. It’s almost as if the city has been deserted and you really feel like you’re one of the only people there.

It’s really put into perspective how much of a culture change this has been. It’s quite hard really to get my head around. I’ve come into the office because being a single young professional in London it’s quite good to get out the flat and actually interact with some colleagues again. However, our actual attendees in the office has been so low that the office feels more like studying at the library than going to work.

In the same way productivity is going up at my work and we are meeting targets. Our profit margins are going up and it’s just mad to think.

Is anyone else feeling the same that actually going into the office at the moment is extremely surreal. It doesn’t look like numbers are picking up either. I wonder if things will start getting back to normal once the schools return and parents no longer need to be at home for the kids. But if it stays like this I really do wonder how many companies are going to seriously reconsider their leases.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Do you actually think before you type?

Your comments are so insensitive and rude, and your language is quite frankly appalling for people reading on here.

The number of people who have died from this virus is as clear as glass, and is published by PHE. The total figure is accurate, even if the daily figure is skewed due to reporting. ONS reported a much higher daily peak but now a much lower daily figure, PHE are just playing catch up with their records. The total deaths remains unchanged.

I didn’t say anything about the cumulative total, I was talking about the daily total. Which is bullshit.