When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Little Andy said:

I would imagine this is the older generation of prisoners of war who were treated very poorly over there in World War 2.

I dunno. WWII is quite a long time ago in 2020. Maybe it's the older generation who grew up when there was anti-Japanese sentiment about, but the number of people alive now who were actual Japanese POWs must be vanishingly small. Certainly not enough to directly alter those figures.

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I dunno. WWII is quite a long time ago in 2020. Maybe it's the older generation who grew up when there was anti-Japanese sentiment about, but the number of people alive now who were actual Japanese POWs must be vanishingly small. Certainly not enough to directly alter those figures.

maybe cause they look a bit different.

+670 cases, and +89 deaths,

Cases higher than this time last week but first ever Tuesday of less than 100 deaths. 89 is still far too high, but it’s finally coming down to more tolerable levels. Hoping in a few weeks time we might see our first days of 0 deaths which would be finally something to be positive about!

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Cases higher than this time last week but first ever Tuesday of less than 100 deaths. 89 is still far too high, but it’s finally coming down to more tolerable levels. Hoping in a few weeks time we might see our first days of 0 deaths which would be finally something to be positive about!

yes :) its been a really shit couple of days / year ...... I wish I could do something to cheer people up :( ..... I thought we might have hit a 0 day by now 

27 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

According to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Spain is +5760 cases today, although this includes antibody tests conducted, so i’m not sure what the antigen test increase is...

Ive got to say I’m glad travellers returning from Spain are under quarantine....

Hopefully 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Good point actually. If it's not that I wonder what it is.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Hospitals in Beirut and Lebanon already struggling because of coronavirus...what a nightmare.

Look how close this dude was!!! Surely that building he was on collapsed?? Its the 2nd fireworks one

Edited by shoptildrop

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Also a hopeful decease in cases from yesterday, as long as we stay below 1000 I would say we're on the right track for things and, although far too high still, deaths seem to be coming down when comparing it to the peak when we were seeing over 1000 a day, I'm hoping we will see better days soon 

47 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Look how close this dude was!!! Surely that building he was on collapsed?? Its the 2nd fireworks one

That was uploaded before the big explosion. Sadly it doesn’t look good for them. There are some horrific videos of the aftermath. I won’t post them in here. 

26 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If you were worked up by the first polls I'm not sure the above correction is very relaxing. To the point I'm wondering if it's sarcastic. 

No he’s not being sarcastic, his point is that it’s all within the margin of error and the polls all in all are around the same area. 

Shouldn't we expect to see an effect from the masks kicking in this week? Do we have access to the regional breakdowns, to try to isolate the underlying trends without localised outbreaks? Hopefully should have started to trend downwards.

I wonder if incidents like the McDonald's outbreak will lead to more staff wearing masks during their shifts? I recently splashed for a higher quality mask (allegedly N95) this week and it's significantly more comfortable than what I was wearing before, as well as having much increased protection. And it wasn't all that expensive.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shouldn't we expect to see an effect from the masks kicking in this week? Do we have access to the regional breakdowns, to try to isolate the underlying trends without localised outbreaks? Hopefully should have started to trend downwards.

I wonder if incidents like the McDonald's outbreak will lead to more staff wearing masks during their shifts? I recently splashed for a higher quality mask (allegedly N95) this week and it's significantly more comfortable than what I was wearing before, as well as having much increased protection. And it wasn't all that expensive.

I doubt it unfortunately.... I think more education and better training is the key here ... without all the fake information people read online 

2 hours ago, Little Andy said:

Good point actually. If it's not that I wonder what it is.

Well Japan is a fairly wealthy country so there may be a general feeling that they are in a position to help themselves. Also none of the countries will feel particularly neighbourly towards them compared with the other European countries whose futures may seem more obviously intertwined with their own.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can you share a link? Think I might need an upgrade soon...

8 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Where did you get this list from mate? 

Need it for a work meeting...

This is a more “official” source, from the government website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#when-to-wear-a-face-covering