When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, mcshed said:

My favourite customers are those who are wearing a mask but feel the need to pull it down to talk to you. 

My best friends mum decided to do this ... I told her to put it back on and also sent him a message saying she needed to be trained !! 

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

They still haven't actually changed the law in Greater Manchester so the people she's quoting aren't doing anything illegal. (Five days and counting since they said they'd change the law, no sign of the new regulations)

The current situation of Minister announces X is now illegal, when it actually isn't is ridiculous and bad government. 

They need to end the confusion between law, guidance and press statement.

4 minutes ago, Fanbloodytastic said:

I've been WFH since March and love it due to the reasons you've mentioned. It feels like I've gotten some of my life back and ironically I'm way more productive at home than I am in the office. There's been talk of a mandatory return in September and I really don't understand why. I don't see any real reason to return to full-time office based routines and especially whilst the virus is still seemingly out of control.

I wont be returning to the office, i deliver training to young people in the third sector. The proposals and talks so far are that i will only need to attend for training sessions when they resume. All other work can continue remotely and will be going to a 4 day week! 

The amount of "me" time that i have got back is fantastic.. my manager seeing the benefits of it in our mindsets. In regards to work ive gained big time, less travel, save money, later starts, earlier finishes . same amount of work done. . we have went from localised training to delivering it to other areas via zoom. with all the pluses, i see this as the one down side.. they can cover more areas, inc remote in highlands with less staff in the long term.    fortunate that the org i work for is open to changes for staff benefit.

Trump also appears, without evidence, to assert that children are receiving positive Covid-19 test results for having a runny nose – which is not generally listed among the symptoms of coronavirus, which are a high temperature and a new continuous cough.

“You test, some kid has even just a little runny nose, it’s a case. And then you report many cases,” Trump says.

13 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

My mother-in-law just said they are setting up for the fair in Gloucester park. Doesn’t seem like a good idea but surely this kind of thing has to be signed off?

Yes funfairs were allowed from 4th July as long as they follow covid-secure guidelines.

I went to one in Southampton just under a month ago now. It was fenced off with a limited capacity, temperature checks on entry, social distancing markers, plenty of hand sanitiser stations and all staff in PPE. I would hope the one being set up in Gloucester park will just have as many precautions that the one I visited in Southampton did- it felt really safe!

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s the way I hoped it would all be played out it is as easy as putting security on the doors in some places that would make a difference .... I know the hidden disability thing and have every sympathy but I also know people taking the piss when I see them to ... 

Not even using security for it. Even better, a middle aged Cumbrian mum. No one's arguing with one of them.

4 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Not even using security for it. Even better, a middle aged Cumbrian mum. No one's arguing with one of them.

I’d also love the police doing some spot checks too ... I guess they don’t have time ... but a few of these would be very usefull to get the message out with a few fines on social media ... they can take that Cumbrian mum along too if it works :) 

A couple of comments from work colleagues about my mask and shield combination ......." thats a bit over the top isn't it ? "  and" why do you need to wear both " both completely not asked for ....... and both got both barrels ... this is the levels of intelligence in the general population ..... Surely there should be some official .... this is the reason we are doing this guidance by now ?!! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

A couple of comments from work colleagues about my mask and shield combination ......." thats a bit over the top isn't it ? "  and" why do you need to wear both " both completely not asked for ....... and both got both barrels ... this is the levels of intelligence in the general population ..... Surely there should be some official .... this is the reason we are doing this guidance by now ?!! 

They are being ridiculous, do everything you can to protect yourself, don’t worry about what they are saying. 

There’s a lot of other sectors where workers are wearing masks and shields and there’s nothing wrong with it, just need to do all you can to keep yourself safe, don’t worry about your colleagues at this stage.

Also, WHO is warning over Russian vaccine as it hasn’t gone through proper clinical trials. I definitely won’t be signing myself up to it should it launch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53591031

North West legislation finally released

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/828/contents/made

I get that these measures are necessary but the fact that mobile services such as plumbers, electricians and even hairdressers are allowed in your house as they are workers - I must of missed the part where they get a free pass from covid :huh:

No one will be coming in my house (I was contemplating my mobile hairdresser but think I might wait a month now, sod the grey hairs!)

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

North West legislation finally released

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/828/contents/made

I get that these measures are necessary but the fact that mobile services such as plumbers, electricians and even hairdressers are allowed in your house as they are workers - I must of missed the part where they get a free pass from covid :huh:

No one will be coming in my house (I was contemplating my mobile hairdresser but think I might wait a month now, sod the grey hairs!)

Ha wow - I get the plumbers and electricians as a boiler going or a water leak just have to be dealt with, but hairdressers is ridiculous!

They should have to wear masks though

Edited by efcfanwirral

15 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

They are being ridiculous, do everything you can to protect yourself, don’t worry about what they are saying. 

There’s a lot of other sectors where workers are wearing masks and shields and there’s nothing wrong with it, just need to do all you can to keep yourself safe, don’t worry about your colleagues at this stage.

Also, WHO is warning over Russian vaccine as it hasn’t gone through proper clinical trials. I definitely won’t be signing myself up to it should it launch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53591031

believe me ill be the last mask standing in that shop 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ha wow - I get the plumbers and electricians as a boiler going or a water leak just have to be dealt with, but hairdressers is ridiculous!

They should have to wear masks though

The legislation basically say a reasonable excuse is if work needs to be done in your home, so that can cover anything mobile IMO

Full list of additional places where face masks are mandatory from 8th august has been released:

• Funeral directors
  • Premises providing professional, legal or financial services
  • Cinemas
  • Theatres
  • Bingo halls
  • Concert halls
  • Museums, galleries, aquariums, indoor zoos or visitor farms, or other indoor tourist, heritage or cultural sites
  • Nail, beauty, hair salons and barbers - other than where necessary to remove for treatments
  • Massage parlours
  • Public areas in hotels and hostels
  • Places of worship
  • Libraries and public reading rooms
  • Community centres
  • Social clubs
  • Tattoo and piercing parlours
  • Indoor entertainment venues (amusement arcades, funfairs, adventure activities such as laser quest, go-karting, escape rooms, heritage sites)
  • Storage and distribution facilities
  • Veterinary services
  • Auction houses

Basically anywhere indoors bar a pub/restaurant I guess.

Edited by FestivalJamie

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Full list of places where face masks are mandatory from 8th august has been released:

• Funeral directors
  • Premises providing professional, legal or financial services
  • Cinemas
  • Theatres
  • Bingo halls
  • Concert halls
  • Museums, galleries, aquariums, indoor zoos or visitor farms, or other indoor tourist, heritage or cultural sites
  • Nail, beauty, hair salons and barbers - other than where necessary to remove for treatments
  • Massage parlours
  • Public areas in hotels and hostels
  • Places of worship
  • Libraries and public reading rooms
  • Community centres
  • Social clubs
  • Tattoo and piercing parlours
  • Indoor entertainment venues (amusement arcades, funfairs, adventure activities such as laser quest, go-karting, escape rooms, heritage sites)
  • Storage and distribution facilities
  • Veterinary services
  • Auction houses

Basically anywhere indoors bar a pub/restaurant I guess.

Where did you get this list from mate? 

Need it for a work meeting...