When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had 2 girls come up to ask me where something was at work ... one of them put her had over her mouth whilst she asked me ... clearly they knew they should be wearing masks and it was wrong wtf ... I’m not allowed to say anything :( 

My local supermarket (Booths) are stopping people coming in if they aren't wearing a mask. Obviously allowing if you have a reason for not doing

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

weird how people are not wearing masks on the tube...it's not as if it's a long haui journey where have to wear for hours...

The heat I guess? The fact that no one is checking up (or really able to)? 

What frustrated me the most yesterday was that most of those people had masks on, just wore them around their chin or only over their mouth so making them pointless. Would rather they just didn't bother. But I suppose it's there on the offchance you get called out.

Should add that I've only got the tube a handful of times since March but have found the compliance really bad.

Just now, philipsteak said:

My local supermarket (Booths) are stopping people coming in if they aren't wearing a mask. Obviously allowing if you have a reason for not doing

I imagine Booths just gets nice people who would never kick off.

They tried that in my local morrisons there'd be a fuckin riot.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so, it's stuff like this that is making people complacent....like it's not that much of a problem and any lockdown restrictions now are over the top...and even some are thinking that PHE are fiddling the numbers as part of some conspiracy.

I'm not saying they are fiddling the numbers but there's clearly something wrong with such a big gap

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup

20200804_110222.jpg

They'll  do some sort of financial incentive for businesses to have people back, or a tax on working from home to discourage it. They'll find a way I'm sure...

and as if an office can be "covid safe" without everyone wearing masks, which isnt in the guidelines...

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm not saying they are fiddling the numbers but there's clearly something wrong with such a big gap

I know you're not saying it...but some are on social media.

I'm just saying it's getting confusing with different data flying around, need transparency...or someone to come on tv and state what is happening.

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I know you're not saying it...but some are on social media.

I'm just saying it's getting confusing with different data flying around, need transparency...or someone to come on tv and state what is happening.

Hancock did though. Said they weren't going to use PHE until its resolved (though PHE still releasing figures)

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

That’s the way I hoped it would all be played out it is as easy as putting security on the doors in some places that would make a difference .... I know the hidden disability thing and have every sympathy but I also know people taking the piss when I see them to ... 

25 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’m so glad my new job is permanently work from home. I’m saving a fortune in fuel, not spending as much with nothing to show. also save over 10 hours a week in travel time. 

I've been WFH since March and love it due to the reasons you've mentioned. It feels like I've gotten some of my life back and ironically I'm way more productive at home than I am in the office. There's been talk of a mandatory return in September and I really don't understand why. I don't see any real reason to return to full-time office based routines and especially whilst the virus is still seemingly out of control.