When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

some fucker came out the shop earlier and coughed right next to me. Some stupid old man without a mask. Fuming:-(

I had 2 girls come up to ask me where something was at work ... one of them put her had over her mouth whilst she asked me ... clearly they knew they should be wearing masks and it was wrong wtf ... I’m not allowed to say anything :( 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had 2 girls come up to ask me where something was at work ... one of them put her had over her mouth whilst she asked me ... clearly they knew they should be wearing masks and it was wrong wtf ... I’m not allowed to say anything :( 

Wow that’s so frustrating on a few levels. 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If it makes you feel any better, I read today that the air in a London tube carriage is replaced, like really, really, often. I'm afraid I can't get any more scientific than that.

Really? Would love to see that. The ventilation on the deeper lines has always felt proper shit.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Oh dear, still not caught the tube but will prob have to on Thursday (turns out my mate at football is a librarian at the House of Commons and he's offered me a free tour; been a few times before with work but can't really say no to that).

I think it varies a lot from line to line and time of day from what others have said. I hate the central line anyway as it's so airless and cramped. Got the H and C on the way back and was so much better. Not enough people on it to really judge about mask wearing but it's just a lot more spacious anyway. Going to avoid the proper deep lines for a bit I think.

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

My favourite customers are those who are wearing a mask but feel the need to pull it down to talk to you. 

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Morrissey as an anti masker. Cloth masks increased infections apparently!

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/274077-so-many-so-silent

Shocker! If there's a bad take he will bite your hand off to make it...

In other news, bit of a grim lead on BBC today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53638083

Basically unless test and trace improves massively, schools will result in a resurgence. Chances of test and trace improving by that much?

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think it varies a lot from line to line and time of day from what others have said. I hate the central line anyway as it's so airless and cramped. Got the H and C on the way back and was so much better. Not enough people on it to really judge about mask wearing but it's just a lot more spacious anyway. Going to avoid the proper deep lines for a bit I think.

I've found the Central Line and Jubilee the busiest; actively avoid the Central now but the Jubilee is manageable, not been through peak though. Northern is surprisingly quiet when I've been on; similarly the Overground.

DLR probably the best, but you can get a little group of seats of your own if you get there earlier enough as no one can/ should/ will share.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Shocker! If there's a bad take he will bite your hand off to make it...

In other news, bit of a grim lead on BBC today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53638083

Basically unless test and trace improves massively, schools will result in a resurgence. Chances of test and trace improving by that much?

I can see it getting pretty nasty between government and teaching unions and local authorities.

53 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

I've found the Central Line and Jubilee the busiest; actively avoid the Central now but the Jubilee is manageable, not been through peak though. Northern is surprisingly quiet when I've been on; similarly the Overground.

DLR probably the best, but you can get a little group of seats of your own if you get there earlier enough as no one can/ should/ will share.

Yeah I've always liked the DLR, but living in west London it has very limited use to me currently sadly!

We travelled around 5 to 6pm yesterday so it was nominally rush hour. Nothing like as busy as normal as everyone had a seat (unheard of on Central Line for that distance!). But as I say mask take up was really shit, so I'm going to avoid it as much as possible. It's my usual route to the office so when I do go back I think I'll have a rethink...

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I've always liked the DLR, but living in west London it has very limited use to me currently sadly!

We travelled around 5 to 6pm yesterday so it was nominally rush hour. Nothing like as busy as normal as everyone had a seat (unheard of on Central Line for that distance!). But as I say mask take up was really shit, so I'm going to avoid it as much as possible. It's my usual route to the office so when I do go back I think I'll have a rethink...

weird how people are not wearing masks on the tube...it's not as if it's a long haui journey where have to wear for hours...

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ermmmm what? I'd avoid the PHE numbers I think

so, it's stuff like this that is making people complacent....like it's not that much of a problem and any lockdown restrictions now are over the top...and even some are thinking that PHE are fiddling the numbers as part of some conspiracy.