When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Glastonbury 2021 in doubt according to ME in local itv news .... Ive just been told ..... hopefully someone can track down the clip before me as I was watching bbc .... although it always has been ....

Maybe they are worried about holding the October sale

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Glastonbury 2021 in doubt according to ME in local itv news .... Ive just been told ..... hopefully someone can track down the clip before me as I was watching bbc .... although it always has been ....

Just posted this on the future of festivals thread!! 
watching the same news!! 
cant even think about it!! 😥

I’m literally praying for some scientific turnaround but the closer we get to winter and things staying the same I’m not feeling hopeful.

As things get colder I can imagine it will get pretty tough when it comes to numbers.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m literally praying for some scientific turnaround but the closer we get to winter and things staying the same I’m not feeling hopeful.

As things get colder I can imagine it will get pretty tough when it comes to numbers.

yes and we will come through and out the other side .... scientific turnaround ? we have loads of stuff on the way 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

That’s what I’m thinking. I’m staying doubtful till something concrete that persuades otherwise so I don’t get my hopes up. 

I am gutted like so many. I had all of going to university and going to do so much all planned out and it’s shit that more than likely rest of this year and next will be the same shit. It’s more demotivating as living in Greater Manchester things are taken from us and no one seems to be listening near me. This is gonna continue and there’s no ending it feels like. I’m drained from it all and I wish I could be excited about things happening next year. Of course worse things are happening but I’m sick of it like everyone.

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

That’s what I’m thinking. I’m staying doubtful till something concrete that persuades otherwise so I don’t get my hopes up. 

I am gutted like so many. I had all of going to university and going to do so much all planned out and it’s shit that more than likely rest of this year and next will be the same shit. It’s more demotivating as living in Greater Manchester things are taken from us and no one seems to be listening near me. This is gonna continue and there’s no ending it feels like. I’m drained from it all and I wish I could be excited about things happening next year. Of course worse things are happening but I’m sick of it like everyone.

I get labelled as a pessimist but I feel like this “leave it to the gp” approach just pushes the can down the road. Human nature just means we will never see total social distancing nor people being smart about this.

I see it as the only thing that will end this is a vaccine and the “trust the public” approach will just fail us every time.

Positive Thoughts and believe in Science!! 
I may not understand science but it does some amazing things!! 
8 years ago my friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer science gave her 6 years more than expected!! Science and her bloody stubbornness!!! 

positive thoughts!! 🌈

• Upvote 1

You have to wonder if a lot of the uncertainty about next year’s festival is being fuelled by our conversations on here. We know a lot of social media users get their information from this forum. 

Time to crank up our positivity up to 110%. 

Large outdoor events especially Cheltenham will be back on the calendar next year, there may even be some this year. 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I get labelled as a pessimist but I feel like this “leave it to the gp” approach just pushes the can down the road. Human nature just means we will never see total social distancing nor people being smart about this.

I see it as the only thing that will end this is a vaccine and the “trust the public” approach will just fail us every time.

Unfortunately you can’t trust people nowadays, it’s a sad thing to say but groups get sick of it and decide to go against what they should. I personally reckon actually having a vaccine and giving it out is at least a year away and until we do, no big events will and can happen. We may get smaller events but not festival size. I prey we do though. People argue with each other, some people break rules, cause it to get worse and while it’s like this nothing will change. Since Manchester has been exposed and changed, I’ve completely lost faith in this country. In the south, people are going to fucking beaches and raves, in the north people are raving and gathering. People don’t give two shits and shows this countries problem. 

as honoured as I am to live here, we have racism issues and social issues, we don’t listen to each other and we cause the deeper problems like what’s happening currently. When negative things happen (especially near me) people decide to blame the minority so they blame Islam and Eid when let’s face it if it was Christmas no one would care about the virus and people aren’t listening anyway but because it’s a minority it’s there fault. That attitude pisses me off. Oh and it’s young people which yes they add to it but loads of older people are out with groups I’ve seen and they don’t get called out. 

Probably an ambiguous rant but I’m sick of people in this country. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You have to wonder if a lot of the uncertainty about next year’s festival is being fuelled by our conversations on here. We know a lot of social media users get their information from this forum. 

Time to crank up our positivity up to 110%. 

Large outdoor events especially Cheltenham will be back on the calendar next year, there may even be some this year. 

Tory events and things Boz want will happen. The rest will be fucked over and left to fester with the lack of money given to them. 

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

So to avoid other long term side effects we don’t know of yet, you’d take a seemingly rushed out vaccine of which we don’t of any side effects?

The risks/side effects of coronavirus is real and happening now. The risks of a vaccine which has passed clinical trials and deemed safe is hypothetical. Given a straight choice between getting the virus or taking the vaccine its a no brainer imo.

4 minutes ago, august1 said:

The risks/side effects of coronavirus is real and happening now. The risks of a vaccine which has passed clinical trials and deemed safe is hypothetical. Given a straight choice between getting the virus or taking the vaccine its a no brainer imo.

Tbf I was talking about the Russian one, we have no idea about any of that one.