When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

oh, I'd take anything..the Russian one, the N Korean one...any of them.

I wonder if we could get to the point where you can only go to an event such as glastonbury if you had been given the vaccine?

(positive trial dependent of course)

I have no idea of who it would be rolled out to first or how long it would take before it got to my demographic.

31 year old male no health conditions for what it's worth.

48 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Just out of interest, would people on here actually take the Russian vaccine if it was launched in October?

Depends on what details are available about what it is and how it's developed. I don't think it's immediately problematic because it's Russian.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Just out of interest, would people on here actually take the Russian vaccine if it was launched in October?

I would absolutely take it if it were available here, as if it were available here it would have passed MHRA inspection that it was safe.

Would I try and import some in the sly and take it off my own back? No that would be ridiculous behaviour.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

What if it was a choice of take the vaccination or no glastonbury?

What, take an untested and potentially dodgy pharmaceutical just so you can have a wild time in the fields come June 2021?

Never heard the like.  Whatever next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

What, take an untested and potentially dodgy pharmaceutical just so you can have a wild time in the fields come June 2021?

Never heard the like.  Whatever next.

I think there are lots among us who do exactly this every year at the festival :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, august1 said:

Reading some of the effects coronavirus has on peoples brains, heart damage and other long term side effects we don't know about yet. I'd rather to a take a 'risky' vaccine at this stage.

So to avoid other long term side effects we don’t know of yet, you’d take a seemingly rushed out vaccine of which we don’t of any side effects?

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I wonder if we could get to the point where you can only go to an event such as glastonbury if you had been given the vaccine?

(positive trial dependent of course)

I have no idea of who it would be rolled out to first or how long it would take before it got to my demographic.

31 year old male no health conditions for what it's worth.

I'll be ok, i'll be first in the queue being 58 :) , i'll be the guinee pig

Edited by ghandi

9 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

+928 cases, +9 deaths. 😔 Does anyone know the positive rate based on testing:positive case ratio? Is it higher or lower than yesterday. 

Getting dangerously close to 1000 daily cases.

163,786 tests were processed yesterday. 

Viral load in kids looks like it is significantly higher than adults (10-100 fold)...gonna be interesting to see what happens when schools fully open...I know in China they have temperature checks for every child amongst other things. My own little one went back to pre-school for a week last week, we had to take her temp ourselves each morning and answer a questionnaire when dropping her off each day. Not sure what is in place for September, but vigilance will be required...Might mean nothing, but yet another piece of the puzzle has some light shed on it!

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2768952

Going to the cinema for the first time in a bit. Anyone been? 

Going to the O2. Not been yet but my wife went on Saturday and said most of the restaurants are boarded which is sad (and also means I'm likely going to have to Eat/Help Out at the Slug and Lettuce instead of Gaucho tonight unfortunately).

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Going to the O2. Not been yet but my wife went on Saturday and said most of the restaurants are boarded which is sad (and also means I'm likely going to have to Eat/Help Out at the Slug and Lettuce instead of Gaucho tonight unfortunately).

Yeah we've been a few times now, Showcase are showing older films for £5 a ticket, watched Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko and Reservoir Dogs so far, hope they get a few more good ones 

Good experience imo, there are people to greet upon entry with hand sanitiser who scan your ticket. Seating is spread out, 2 seats on 2 off, and because they use the big leather recliner seats the rows are well separated. I think they're only showing one movie per screen per day as well to give plenty of time to clean etc

56 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

+928 cases, +9 deaths. 😔 Does anyone know the positive rate based on testing:positive case ratio? Is it higher or lower than yesterday. 

Getting dangerously close to 1000 daily cases.

Ok......so in a rolling Tuesday-Monday this last week was the first time we've seen an increase in deaths since beginning of April.  It's only up by 4, but it's a bit of a milestone, and in a rolling month it's still down.  We may see decreases this week to counter it, we may not.  We need tomorrow's figure to be below 115 to resume the day on day reduction.

Positive case:test ratio is up....but still little sign of a significant trend.  Still all to play for.

Screenshot_20200803-172455_Sheets.jpg

46 minutes ago, Homer said:

Im still furloughed but hearing Cineworld is not doing well on the measures. Staff have had to share face protectors n heard some masks have been cheap n see through. They're also selling the seats directly in front n behind you and claiming it meets the social distance requirements. Probs why they havent opened in Scotland cause they require 2m. Heard showcase n Odeon have been good though. 

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ok......so in a rolling Tuesday-Monday this last week was the first time we've seen an increase in deaths since beginning of April.  It's only up by 4, but it's a bit of a milestone, and in a rolling month it's still down.  We may see decreases this week to counter it, we may not.  We need tomorrow's figure to be below 115 to resume the day on day reduction.

Positive case:test ratio is up....but still little sign of a significant trend.  Still all to play for.

Screenshot_20200803-172455_Sheets.jpg

Thank you so much for your helpful updates.