When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Some 45 police officers were injured in a wave of weekend demonstrations in Berlin including protests against coronavirus restrictions, police said as protesters gathered again in smaller numbers on Sunday.

The protests, in which many demonstrators failed to wear masks or respect social distancing rules, have sparked a chorus of condemnation including calls for tougher penalties against those who violate restrictions aimed at curbing transmission of the deadly virus.

A total of 133 people were arrested during Saturday’s protests, which included a huge “day of freedom” demo against coronavirus restrictions, police said in a statement on Sunday.

The arrests were for offences including resisting police officers, breach of the peace and the use of unconstitutional symbols. Three officers required hospital treatment, police said.

Happening in a town near you any time soon. With some internet news stories and posts that I've read, these are already being planned and the authorities are trying to keep up. Stories like this from Germany won't help either.

Think you’re going to see more and more of that. I know cranks on Twitter isn’t always a great indicator of wider society, but I do get the impression that Libertarian viewpoint is gaining traction. Don’t be surprised to see an increasing number of people deciding they’ll take their chances like they do with most other illnesses.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Some 45 police officers were injured in a wave of weekend demonstrations in Berlin including protests against coronavirus restrictions, police said as protesters gathered again in smaller numbers on Sunday.

The protests, in which many demonstrators failed to wear masks or respect social distancing rules, have sparked a chorus of condemnation including calls for tougher penalties against those who violate restrictions aimed at curbing transmission of the deadly virus.

A total of 133 people were arrested during Saturday’s protests, which included a huge “day of freedom” demo against coronavirus restrictions, police said in a statement on Sunday.

The arrests were for offences including resisting police officers, breach of the peace and the use of unconstitutional symbols. Three officers required hospital treatment, police said.

In Germany that must mean Nazi symbols....that is very bad

39 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Happening in a town near you any time soon. With some internet news stories and posts that I've read, these are already being planned and the authorities are trying to keep up. Stories like this from Germany won't help either.

Definately division out there and from people I’d not expect it to come from either the experience of my social media ... it depends wether it’s just noise or those people actually doing something and will it settle down after people get used to it masks particularly 

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

BoJo has been giving the impression that it's as good as over, things can start to return to normal and it will all be over by christmas...so now that this looks like just more boris bullshit people are going to start getting massively pissed off. 

Christmas is a weird one - I've accepted how it's going to be (without an absolute miracle) but has the majority of the country? Him saying things like that is hugely irresponsible when there is almost zero chance of that time of year being anything like it normally is, especially when it comes to gathering at people's houses. I just find it crazy that many will have actually believed that when he said it

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Christmas is a weird one - I've accepted how it's going to be (without an absolute miracle) but has the majority of the country? Him saying things like that is hugely irresponsible when there is almost zero chance of that time of year being anything like it normally is, especially when it comes to gathering at people's houses. I just find it crazy that many will have actually believed that when he said it

Forget Christmas, there's only one Christmas and it's at the end of June. Unless you have kids obviously,  don't mean to be a humbug,  you might still like it if your still young. I'm more worried about that! Some are saying we won't have a truly tried and tested properly functioning vaccine until the end of NEXT year, if at all! I know we are only in August but I'm more worried now than I've been this past month.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

These alternative accounts are a bloody pain aren’t they ?!! 

Ye I may downvote the occasional post , but it’s never personal and I also upvote the same people I downvote if they post something I agree with

1 hour ago, Sdsm123 said:

Ye I may downvote the occasional post , but it’s never personal and I also upvote the same people I downvote if they post something I agree with

Personally I use the negative stuff very rarely for offensive posts maybe ... there’s too much shit going on in the world at the moment for that ... of course instead of negative votes the use of discussion is what the forum is based on ... so I find that a less offensive response ... prompting the highly unfunny and original downvote !! 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Personally I use the negative stuff very rarely for offensive posts maybe ... there’s too much shit going on in the world at the moment for that ... of course instead of negative votes the use of discussion is what the forum is based on ... so I find that a less offensive response 

Cheers for the advise! I will use far less downvotes!

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It worries me that this is happening and we aren't in the Autumn/Winter. If this happens now I can only think what will happen when it gets colder and the weather turns.

Yeah I agree. Really not feeling that confident about the autumn/winter period now. I think we really aren't getting back to anything like proper normal without a vaccine. I guess that's always been the case, but yeah it's really hitting home a bit at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It worries me that this is happening and we aren't in the Autumn/Winter. If this happens now I can only think what will happen when it gets colder and the weather turns.

Yeah, this. And in September schools go back, Unis go back, people are expected to go back to work as furlough scheme starts to end, too cold to sit in pub gardens etc etc...boom. 

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I agree. Really not feeling that confident about the autumn/winter period now. I think we really aren't getting back to anything like proper normal without a vaccine. I guess that's always been the case, but yeah it's really hitting home a bit at the moment.

What is worrying me is we'll never have a proper working vaccine...now that would change things somewhat.

4 hours ago, Simsy said:

Oh dear. My travel insurance (bought well before covid appeared) didn't cover pandemics. On the plus side, not being able to do anything in lockdown and having to come home 2 months early did save me money on my trip! Just wasn't planning to spend so much of my gap year in Portsmouth 😭

I remember seeing a post on LinkedIn about a employee from work taking 6 months off to follow her dream of travelling the world - this was the week before lock down :huh:

I'm afraid I did laugh at first but then thought poor sod given that's out the window now and hope she got her refunds :( 

Another person (a nurse no less) was dead set on travelling to Northern Italy with her fella to visit a relatives grave - this was at the height of their shitstorm just as things were locking down there..

Sometimes I do wonder what people are thinking when they make these decisions???