When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The govt are literally telling people to go away in the UK. Not sure what else people are supposed to do, stay indoors?

Well in the cases of already full beaches and the country's most visited National Park, whose main road is currently just above  walking pace for large parts of the day (although it gets like that most summers tbf) I'd maybe suggest going somewhere else. 

Stuck in traffic, no parking, no space in the popular spots, everything still not open, massive queues for what is. Apart from everything else, it just doesn't seem like fun to be a tourist in these places. 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

M5 heaving southbound towards Devon and Cornwall ... just hope everyone just drives past Somerset without stopping ... 

Cornwall is crazy busy... Get the impression from a blend of bad driving, bad parking, bad littering, that there’s quite a lot of country-side virgins among them. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Russia leading the way with a vaccine ... but would you take it ? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53621708

I'd be very wary of a Russian one. Could be very rushed. How many systems have they hacked to get to where they are now. No openess with regards to trails either.

4 deaths announced in NHS England hospitals today, 2 in NHS Wales hospitals, and no NHS hospital deaths in either Scotland or NI. 
68 deaths outside of hospitals has been added on top of that to the daily total by the government. These numbers are farcical, why are they being allowed to get away with this? 

There is no way on this earth that anybody is allowing 10x the number of people dying in hospital to die without hospital treatment when the hospitals are empty. 

So much for the urgent enquiry into the way PHE records and reports deaths, they’re carrying on just as they were and it’s scandalous.

15 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

4 deaths announced in NHS England hospitals today, 2 in NHS Wales hospitals, and no NHS hospital deaths in either Scotland or NI. 
68 deaths outside of hospitals has been added on top of that to the daily total by the government. These numbers are farcical, why are they being allowed to get away with this? 

There is no way on this earth that anybody is allowing 10x the number of people dying in hospital to die without hospital treatment when the hospitals are empty. 

So much for the urgent enquiry into the way PHE records and reports deaths, they’re carrying on just as they were and it’s scandalous.

It is ridiculous. I've only been watching the hospital figures for quite some time. They're only going the right way. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

So they just don’t admit to hospital anymore ? Where are these people dying ? Own homes ? 

In the community yeah. The issue with those figures currently is that they check if you have ever had a +ve test and if so it goes down as a covid death. Even if you got hit by a bus 2 months later. 

Hospital rates are an indication of the level that will affect me (rather than care homes deaths) so as long as admissions and death rates are still trending down there's still reasons to be hopeful despite local restrictions.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So they just don’t admit to hospital anymore ? Where are these people dying ? Own homes ? 

Unfortunately, depending on the patient, hospital admission may not alter their care. Some have DNRs, some are entirely unsuitable for mechanical ventilation, others can receive oxygen where they are, so moving them only creates additional risk for the patient but has no impact on how they would be treated. Discharging patients back to care homes without testing them was a monumental f*ck up, but in terms of patient management, there’s probably nothing untoward going on with patients being cared for where they currently are.

The chair of SAGE was speaking today and said that it's younger people that are gaining picking up the virus now so we shouldn't see hospital admissions rise like we did earlier on in the pandemic. So that probably isn't the best gauge just yet, the main issue being as this chap said is that the risk of the virus breaking out into the wider population.

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Unfortunately, depending on the patient, hospital admission may not alter their care. Some have DNRs, some are entirely unsuitable for mechanical ventilation, others can receive oxygen where they are, so moving them only creates additional risk for the patient but has no impact on how they would be treated. Discharging patients back to care homes without testing them was a monumental f*ck up, but in terms of patient management, there’s probably nothing untoward going on with patients being cared for where they currently are.

So if I were to become ill living on my own and develop breathing issues ... would they think that I could get adequate care at home ? Or would they admit me ? Because I’m unable to help myself ? I can’t work out how bad I’d need to be to get admitted to hospital 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The chair of SAGE was speaking today and said that it's younger people that are gaining picking up the virus now so we shouldn't see hospital admissions rise like we did earlier on in the pandemic. So that probably isn't the best gauge just yet, the main issue being as this chap said is that the risk of the virus breaking out into the wider population.

Yeah, in Ireland about 70% or so of new cases in the last few weeks have been in under 40s...median age of infection through the peak was 48, now it’s something like 33. We’ve had a few spikes this week, they weren’t too concerned as the contact tracing all looked good...but we had 38 cases yesterday and they have no idea where 20 of them picked it up...So still knocking around in the community and while spread in younger populations shouldn’t lead to a massive run on the hospitals, it’s still a concern and needs to be kept under close watch...

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So if I were to become ill living on my own and develop breathing issues ... would they think that I could get adequate care at home ? Or would they admit me ? Because I’m unable to help myself ? I can’t work out how bad I’d need to be to get admitted to hospital 

No, if you were at home, they’d admit you (or at least they’d have a look at you in A&E). If you were in a care home though, you can probably get the same care there.