When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Does anyone know if the working from home advice was postponed or revoked? I didn't hear anything although may have missed it as I also had the F1 on! (one of the perks of working from home)

nope thats still as is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Yes this is so stupid!!??

im emailing my CEO again ..... some of the chain reckon they have 90% usage ... my shop probably 10-20 % today .... how is it right /ok  that i should be and feel less safe than different branch 10 miles away for example :( 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Does anyone know if the working from home advice was postponed or revoked? I didn't hear anything although may have missed it as I also had the F1 on! (one of the perks of working from home)

Just now, zahidf said:

nope thats still as is

Which probably means they'll wheel out Matt Hancock to say something completely different and contradictory in an hour, and IDS will be bewailing the death of Costa and Pret because we're not quite fully up to speed with getting on board the Covid train for our daily commutes in order to buy a sandwich yet.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im emailing my CEO again ..... some of the chain reckon they have 90% usage ... my shop probably 10-20 % today .... how is it right /ok  that i should be and feel less safe than different branch 10 miles away for example :( 

Fingers crossed that your CEO takes action, or the government revises the rules for workers as a consequence of today’s announcement!

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

I agree. I don’t usually see much sense in what the Government does but I totally see the logic in that.

It all depends on why you're social distancing. If it's just to follow the rules, you're more likely to do it in a pub because other people can judge you and you can be seen to be breaking the rules. But if you're doing it because you want to avoid putting yourself and other people at risk of catching it, then there's no reason to behave different in a pub or a home.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is it possible that your employer can provide you with a face shield. If you are supplied with a mask, face shield and hand sanitiser/gloves that can enhance your own personal protection. 

Obviously the best resolution would be that face masks are mandatory for shop workers, but I don’t know the likelihood of that happening?

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Is it possible that your employer can provide you with a face shield. If you are supplied with a mask, face shield and hand sanitiser/gloves that can enhance your own personal protection. 

Obviously the best resolution would be that face masks are mandatory for shop workers, but I don’t know the likelihood of that happening?

we are provided with shields but unfortunately the message has been very badly sold in our store / mixed with apathy and the fact that the area hasn't been very badly hit so far ..... ive been wearing a shield since going back 3 weeks ago and wore a mask today ... with the thought of upgrading to both when im able to deal with the heat .... 6 hour shift was all fine today so will do a couple and then add shield to it ... loads of hand sanitiser about ... but social distance and face masks non existent  amount colleagues ... im doing all I can for me and others but would love that to be reciprocated 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

we are provided with shields but unfortunately the message has been very badly sold in our store / mixed with apathy and the fact that the area hasn't been very badly hit so far ..... ive been wearing a shield since going back 3 weeks ago and wore a mask today ... with the thought of upgrading to both when im able to deal with the heat .... 6 hour shift was all fine today so will do a couple and then add shield to it ... loads of hand sanitiser about ... but social distance and face masks non existent  amount colleagues ... im doing all I can for me and others but would love that to be reciprocated 

I hope your message to the CEO is successful and they reinforce social distancing and mandate mask wearing for colleagues in your store.

I hope that you managed to get this resolved as safety in the workplace is of upmost importance. 

Edited by FestivalJamie

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

I hope your message to the CEO is successful and they reinforce social distancing and mandate mask wearing for colleagues in your store.

I hope that you managed to get this resolved as safety in the workplace is of upmost importance. 

thanks .... its so important .... I just cant believe people cant see the risks ..... its so shit working like this :( 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thanks .... its so important .... I just cant believe people cant see the risks ..... its so shit working like this :( 

Please keep us updated, I’m holding my fingers crossed for you. The last thing I want is for anyone to feel unsafe or at risk in the workplace. Do everything you can to protect yourself and keep persisting to your CEO and store manager, hopefully speaking up and making your voice heard can result in change, making it a safer workplace for everyone.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

The prime minister says the rules on face coverings will be extended "to other indoor settings where you're likely to come into contact with people you do not normally meet such as museums, galleries, cinemas and places of worship."

"We now recommend face coverings are worn in these settings and this will become enforceable in law from the 8 August," he says.

Something seems to be missing from this....I can't quite put my finger on it...somewhere many people gather and spend more time close to each other, for longer, than museums or galleries....or get closer together in the toilets or in a non socially distanced queue...

What are those places again....

25 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Please keep us updated, I’m holding my fingers crossed for you. The last thing I want is for anyone to feel unsafe or at risk in the workplace. Do everything you can to protect yourself and keep persisting to your CEO and store manager, hopefully speaking up and making your voice heard can result in change, making it a safer workplace for everyone.

Email sent ... will keep u updated although I’m not sure I’ll get a response 

6E2370B9-9FA3-4F39-BEF2-CDEBF4AB0DC8.png

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Agreed. Once again not sure why it only comes into effect from 8th of august, why not tomorrow!

This is what I don't understand. Everyone should already have masks for doing their shopping etc. so why wait? Surely they can say this starts tomorrow but there will be a 24 hour grace period or something in case anyone didn't get the memo in time. 

49 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

This is what I don't understand. Everyone should already have masks for doing their shopping etc. so why wait? Surely they can say this starts tomorrow but there will be a 24 hour grace period or something in case anyone didn't get the memo in time. 

I think most museums were already insisting on mask wearing anyway from what I have seen... cinema folk won't be happy though

quite frankly there is total confusion on the logic of the rules being placed in NW, people are not happy tbh

Personally I've not been going anywhere apart from shop, all family are miles away and friends I just chat on Skype/Zoom - I have a garden for beer drinking with fella (currently listening to Rews have a few cold ones :) )

I'm more angry with the late night coms on bloody twitter, no prior clear coms to local leaders and guidance issued middle of the night after the "rules" came into play - total shambles!!

I went to my inside gym for the first time on Wednesday.... Just not safe. Groups of lads all hanging around the machines not cleaning anything after they've used stuff. Some old women coughing her guts up next to me on the rower for 15 minutes and she didn't clean anything. 3 blokes pissing with sweat over everything on the treadmills in front of me then just left without cleaning...I was fuming. Not happy at all no one cares .