When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

But also at 165480 almost the highest daily tests carried out in last month so not surprising.

the voice of reason :) but I think trump used a similar argument at one point ...  I hasten to add im in no way assuming any similarities 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You are right, I’ll probably watch as I’m an idiot and like to be annoyed it seems.

That's the thing isn't it? You want to stay informed, but you don't want to drive yourself crazy. I'm not sure my housemate would know there was a pandemic happening if it wasn't for me (I exaggerate obviously, but not by much) and he's much happier generally than I am

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the voice of reason :) but I think trump used a similar argument at one point ...  I hasten to add im in no way assuming any similarities 

You're right though he did, and he was correct that the more you test the more you find.  The difference is that being the idiot he is he wanted to slow testing to artificially hide cases and get fewer numbers.  Only problem is that it would make no difference when counted as a ratio of positive cases/tests.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

You're right though he did, and he was correct that the more you test the more you find.  The difference is that being the idiot he is he wanted to slow testing to artificially hide cases and get fewer numbers.  Only problem is that it would make no difference when counted as a ratio of positive cases/tests.

yep but also id assume that more tests are being carried out because of fear of higher numbers / outbreaks so its a bit of a vicious circle ? 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The big difference was the +ve rate in the US was markedly increasing, as were hospital admissions. Our +ve rate is far flatter, and I'm not aware of a big increase in hospital admissions.

I know we all mocked it when it was announced, but "stay alert" really does make sense now. We can't get complacent.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The big difference was the +ve rate in the US was markedly increasing, as were hospital admissions. Our +ve rate is far flatter, and I'm not aware of a big increase in hospital admissions.

I know we all mocked it when it was announced, but "stay alert" really does make sense now. We can't get complacent.

I agree we can’t get complacent, and I think we shouldn’t rationalise rising cases as just more testing be done. We would need to look at more than that. I think rising cases should be a reminder to people to be careful. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

belive me im not :( apart from work very little will change .... I met a couple of friends today but stayed distant and outside one of them edged closer and then noticed I was subtly backing away .... hospital admissions are delayed though aren't they ... like posted somewhere its likely to be quite a proportion of young now would be my guess so hopefully they won't have / need hospital treatment 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Which parts of West Yorkshire though. It’s a big place. Thanks for being vague you twat. (Not you @crazyfool1)

Hopefully it will update with more details soon ... that’s just flashed up 10 mins The areas that will have tighter restrictions are Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees. @squirrelarmy

Edited by crazyfool1

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hopefully it will update with more details soon ... that’s just flashed up 10 mins The areas that will have tighter restrictions are Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees. @squirrelarmy

Thats me and most of my family unable to go to each other houses, we best meet at the pub

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Thats me and most of my family unable to go to each other houses, we best meet at the pub

I know!! What does it mean as just restricting households mixing when you can meet at bars, restaurants, shops etc.. is just gonna confuse people more and probably result in non-compliance

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

It's ok we've hardly seen each other and have been very careful about going out. and even meeting up.

I think Leicester were hoping for some easing of restrictions today ... still waiting to hear ... people around me thinking it’s over maybe this will give them a much needed kick ... although I doubt it as so far we have been very fortunate here