When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Is anyone else worried about these festivals in Malta? There’s like 4 or so of them coming up next month and apparently it’s all Brits who go....

Im really worried about Brits taking the virus over, spreading it at these festivals and then thousands of them coming back to the UK and bringing the virus back with them, causing a second spike in this country.

The Maltese doctors are striking from Monday and taking the government to court unless they revert to a ban on mass gatherings, but the government aren’t looking like they are going to budge.

I can only hope boris Johnson has enough brain cells to see all the Brit tourists going across to malta, spreading the infection and then force them into a mandatory quarantine when they get back.

Otherwise I am so worried about a second spike in this country. We know international travel has facilitated a steady rise in cases, but these festivals could lead to an exponential rise and a second lock down. There will literally be 10s of thousands of Brits going to these events and potentially coming back and spreading the virus.

I wouldn't about future events which may or may not cause extra infections. That will just stress you out I think. Just follow the rules as much as possible and sit tight for treatment/vaccine 

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Shall we start a campaign to remove Manchester and its surrounding towns from the UK? Anywhere west of the Pennines is a good start. 

3 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

He wants to remove me from the UK :( 

I'll be honest The Republic of Mancunia seems like a brilliant idea to me!! If we can include Stockport as well I'm in!! (or out as the case may be!!) :D 

55 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Not at all. I was only having a laugh and never meant for it to come across as anything other than that.. 

Now I feel very uncomfortable,  so that's great. 

I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable, I was only messing. 

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Very true....but the point is that at present the increase in cases is not significant, and wayyyy down on rates a couple of months back, so when these are reflected in admissions our health services will be able to cope.  What matters most now is for everyone to keep their guard up, and not assume it's all over.  Young and old included.

^this

Over the last couple of weeks the number of positive tests in NI have increased but hospital numbers are down to just 4 now which is great news.

No deaths since July 12th either, although sadly 2 of the 4 in hospital at the minute are in ICU so that may change.

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Trump doesnt think he will win

Someone said the other day that trump will either start a race war or delay the election if he fears he won’t win.

He will win but I can see him panicking before the election.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Someone said the other day that trump will either start a race war or delay the election if he fears he won’t win.

He will win but I can see him panicking before the election.

It's mad to me that you can be so sure he won't win. That really isn't what most commentators etc seem to think. I agree it's not 100% certain either way, but there's a good chance he is out I think.

Will be a good watch on election night. Might take the day off after and try to stay up for it (never works!).

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's mad to me that you can be so sure he won't win. That really isn't what most commentators etc seem to think. I agree it's not 100% certain either way, but there's a good chance he is out I think.

Will be a good watch on election night. Might take the day off after and try to stay up for it (never works!).

Because trump appeals to people who are invisible in media reporting and their opinions never get asked because the media doesn’t want to deal with backlash of what these people will say.

Bookmark me on this. Trumps strong voter base is more behind him than ever before.

Its hard for Brits to understand but the democrats genuinely run the American media and they don’t want to run any stories about what trumps supporters really think. They don’t want to publicise the opinions of their opposition. 

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Because trump appeals to people who are invisible in media reporting and their opinions never get asked because the media doesn’t want to deal with backlash of what these people will say.

Bookmark me on this. Trumps strong voter base is more behind him than ever before.

If pessimism was a superpower you could save the world. 

I'm pretty sure pollsters etc take that into account.

Will definitely come back to correct you in November if you're wrong, don't worry! :)

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was listening to the FiveThirtyEight podcast (american poll analysis/politics site) and they reckon because of all the postal voting, the result won't be known for quite some time - weeks, not hours.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Are fox news part of the dem controlled liberal elite as well?

I don’t really see the Fox News anti trump agenda at all? The reason they are using polls is actually two fold. They want to scare their audience that trump might lose and “you’l get the scary democrats if you let trump lose in November”.

I don’t think people realise the real sentiment behind trump supporters in America. It’s born out of generations of distrust for experts and the media. Many trump supporters like him because of his incompetency, they want someone up in office which makes the experts cry. It’s a protest vote in some ways.

The Covid, BLM movement, Voter Supresssion topics have only strengthened his base. To his base he’s the fucking boy and it’s the powers that be that don’t want him in office. You can shove polls and statistics and facts in their face but they don’t want to see them. They feel disenfranchised and they want someone in power that makes the people they are envious of ‘sweat’.

The media don’t want to report on the fact that trumps base is strong. They don’t want to acknowledge that across America people actually like this guy. There is a fire which they can’t put out and it shames me that people can’t see this coming. Fox News who are pretty much the trump news network have had their rating soar in the Covid period. Funnily enough the shows which have been doing well are those that support the president (tucker) not the ones who critique him.

I mean this in the best way but please don’t fall for the same mistakes. Please stop using polls and statistics to measure anything. There will be a lot of people who are too ashamed to admit they support trump just like last time. The fact that throughout his entirety presidency so far his voter base hasn’t shifted at all is a worrying sign. If he was losing supporters left right and centre I could see it, but I’d wager everyone who voted trump in 2016 will vote for trump again.

Collective plea for everyone to stop making the same mistakes. It’s happened now with Brexit, Our last two elections, and Trump. The media don’t want to report the support the other side has. Stop falling for it AGAIN.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t really see the Fox News anti trump agenda at all? The reason they are using polls is actually two fold. They want to scare their audience that trump might lose and “you’l get the scary democrats if you let trump lose in November”.

I don’t think people realise the real sentiment behind trump supporters in America. It’s born out of generations of distrust for experts and the media. Many trump supporters like him because of his incompetency, they want someone up in office which makes the experts cry. It’s a protest vote in some ways.

The Covid, BLM movement, Voter Supresssion topics have only strengthened his base. To his base he’s the fucking boy and it’s the powers that be that don’t want him in office. You can shove polls and statistics and facts in their face but they don’t want to see them. They feel disenfranchised and they want someone in power that makes the people they are envious of ‘sweat’.

The media don’t want to report on the fact that trumps base is strong. They don’t want to acknowledge that across America people actually like this guy. There is a fire which they can’t put out and it shames me that people can’t see this coming. Fox News who are pretty much the trump news network have had their rating soar in the Covid period. Funnily enough the shows which have been doing well are those that support the president (tucker) not the ones who critique him.

I mean this in the best way but please don’t fall for the same mistakes. Please stop using polls and statistics to measure anything. There will be a lot of people who are too ashamed to admit they support trump just like last time. The fact that throughout his entirety presidency so far his voter base hasn’t shifted at all is a worrying sign. If he was losing supporters left right and centre I could see it, but I’d wager everyone who voted trump in 2016 will vote for trump again.

Collective plea for everyone to stop making the same mistakes. It’s happened now with Brexit, Our last two elections, and Trump. The media don’t want to report the support the other side has. Stop falling for it AGAIN.

Except the polls were right over the last UK election. And the dems mid term election wins in 2018.

I'm certainly not saying he is 100% not going to win. To say he's 100% going to win because he's more popular than biden seems pretty ridiculous though.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Except the polls were right over the last UK election. And the dems mid term election wins in 2018.

I'm certainly not saying he is 100% not going to win. To say he's 100% going to win because he's more popular than biden seems pretty ridiculous though.

I didn’t actually say that. My point was that trumps voter base hasn’t shifted, and Joe Biden is having to attract fresh voters or convince trump voters to get elected. Joe is massively on the back foot as he needs to galvanise a huge swath of the country which doesn’t vote, or can’t give two shits about politics.

27 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Before COVID I thought he was likely to win, but now he’s done for. My only concern is that Biden can appear a bit confused so if that happens in a debate it might cause some to swing back to Trump.

I didn’t actually say that. My point was that trumps voter base hasn’t shifted, and Joe Biden is having to attract fresh voters or convince trump voters to get elected. Joe is massively on the back foot as he needs to galvanise a huge swath of the country which doesn’t vote, or can’t give two shits about politics.

He needs more than his base.