When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Anything to do with the raves going on?

Younger people are simply gathering more as bored, Trafford is a low income area too so might be just more folks getting together in houses rather than go out somewhere....

Salford and Rochdale numbers have been up and down so in will be interesting how these areas bear in the next month..

I'm to the NE of Manchester centre and there is much more movement around here, and has been getting busier for a good 6 weeks now - which is good in one respect but might be reflective in cases rises especially in the younger folk

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Younger people are simply gathering more as bored, Trafford is a low income area too so might be just more folks getting together in houses rather than go out somewhere....

Salford and Rochdale numbers have been up and down so in will be interesting how these areas bear in the next month..

I'm to the NE of Manchester centre and there is much more movement around here, and has been getting busier for a good 6 weeks now - which is good in one respect but might be reflective in cases rises especially in the younger folk

Been kickng off in various places too. The youth are getting bored, and now getting sick.

15 hours ago, Copperface said:

Yep, but the guidelines further state:

Legal tender has a very narrow and technical meaning in the settlement of debts...... It does not mean that any ordinary transaction has to take place in legal tender or only within the amount denominated by the legislation. 

Both parties are free to agree to accept any form of payment whether legal tender or otherwise according to their wishes.

yeah, I know it's based on what the agreed transaction actually is - which is why I specifically stated "which is a purchase once it's been agreed" (tho I could have worded that a little better).

one thing to add with spikes being found in certain areas, there is much much more localised testing going on, as in Leicester where they did door to door testing in the hotspots

they are going to find the cases that are asymptomatic that we previously would of never found or tested for. it is a good thing. not good that its spreading, but good the cases are being found.  

8 minutes ago, pryce said:

one thing to add with spikes being found in certain areas, there is much much more localised testing going on, as in Leicester where they did door to door testing in the hotspots

they are going to find the cases that are asymptomatic that we previously would of never found or tested for. it is a good thing. not good that its spreading, but good the cases are being found.  

My local BBC news said that an area near me (Clacton I believe) was having mass testing done so not to worry as much if there's a spike in cases there, I agree though that as a whole more testing means more cases but unfortunately I think the media and scare mongerors see it as an opportunity to spread a bit of fear into everyone 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8565835/Downing-Street-urged-beef-work-message-firms-say-theyll-staff-home.html

Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith told the Mail: 'The Government needs to stop with its mixed messages. 

It needs to stop being equivocal and be clear that it is safe to go back to work and take public transport. 'If you're under 40 and fit and healthy you have more chance of dying while riding your bike than dying from Covid.

People need to start properly weighing up the balance of risk. These employers are absolutely bloody mad for not getting more employees back – all the other small firms that rely on offices being back will go bust.' 

There is a HUGE gap between "dying" and "Not dying"

The problem is companies have weighed up the balance of risk. And many have realised that if someone in the office does get it, most other people are going to get it too, and while those people probably won't die, they'll be off work for weeks or months. Having most of your workforce out of commission for a few weeks is an existential risk for most organisations - it's not something they could recover from.

The current approach with homeworking isn't driven by benevolent employers, it's driven by risk managers making an assessment that it's just too dangerous. It'd still be too dangerous even if COVID 19 had a 0% mortality rate.

The other factor is that productivity has barely dropped with homeworking. So there's no incentive to get folk back in to offices. It's an economic correction, rather than a consequence of COVID 19. The assumption had been workers were less productive at home. That's been proven not to be the case. Regular home-working will become a thing, and it'll create economic upheaval, but not collapse. City centre pubs, restaurants and gyms will see usage plummet. Suburban pubs, restaurants and gyms will see usage spike massively. Demand for the same services is still there, just in different places.

If you've always wanted to run your own business, now is the time to find a residential suburban area in a commuter belt without a decent cafe and open one. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This shit has ended at my work place we never got above a decent thresh hold for the masks to get worn by most ... now at 20% tops .... I’m writing a letter today ... that place is so unsafe it’s ridiculous ... 

Talking to an ex colleague at Asda last night and she said the Cheltenham store have said that masks must be worn on the shop floor unless you are separated by a screen! So maybe worth writing to the R,M to get it introduced at your store mate