When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, mikegday said:

Every time I watch the news I despair even more. They’re showing people not wearing masks properly (nose out common one) or showing people constantly touching their masks. Why can’t they do a better job at editing this? Idiots at home are watching this and then replicating it! Also what’s the bloody thing of 2 people wearing masks and then choosing to speak together really close... move apart!! If you don’t need to be close and you have the space to do so, move away!

ive said it before we need a govt information film on correct mask wearing practises 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Every time I watch the news I despair even more. They’re showing people not wearing masks properly (nose out common one) or showing people constantly touching their masks. Why can’t they do a better job at editing this? Idiots at home are watching this and then replicating it! Also what’s the bloody thing of 2 people wearing masks and then choosing to speak together really close... move apart!! If you don’t need to be close and you have the space to do so, move away!

Probably because news agencies are rushing to get story’s out and often miss the detail!

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive said it before we need a govt information film on correct mask wearing practises 

THIS! You are spot on, instead of the bulls*** adverts on tv about Brexit and “enjoy summer safely” we need a proper advert about how to wear masks properly. An advert promoting correct mask wearing, social distancing and how to wash your hands properly is better than all of this crap the government throw in our face on the telly!

Im sure lots of people are wearing masks incorrectly, under the nose etc simply because they don’t know how to put one on properly. If we had a government TV advert on how to put a mask on properly to cover mouth and nose, including hand hygiene, I’m sure more people would be better informed about how to wear their masks when out and about!

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Upvote 1

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

THIS! You are spot on, instead of the bulls*** adverts on tv about Brexit and “enjoy summer safely” we need a proper advert about how to wear masks properly. An advert promoting correct mask wearing, social distancing and how to wash your hands properly is better than all of this crap the government throw in our face on the telly!

Here here

57 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

I just think for something so important like saving lives and preventing the spread of a dangerous disease then maybe we should have a back bone and challenge those not complying.. if that means challenging someone who is medically exempt then they can say sorry sir I’m exempt. If people know their going to be challenged then surely that will increase compliance!

How many times a day should someone with a genuine reason expect to be challenged and have to prove themselves though? That's not really fair and some of the reasons can't even be proven. I think some people are becoming too obsessed with trying to catch out every last dissenter, that's an impossible task and we already have very high compliance so is it really worth it, especially when you consider the potential distress it could cause genuine people if they are being constantly challenged.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I popped into local tesco service station for a pint of milk this morning without a mask on, I had forgotten it...no one said anything...but then there was hardly anyone in there.

You're brave admitting that , surprised you've not been lynched yet 🤣

Can someone / anyone give me hope that next year festivals will be on .... I thought I’d resigned myself to maybe not next year either but just watched killers from last year. I’d never watched it back before .... I’m now feeling lucky I was there but emotional, totally emotional that it all feels so up in the air .... I know no one knows answers, but probably for the second time only during this pandemic I’m actually physically upset over it , and the things we lost. Don’t get me wrong so glad we’ve got our health and life’s ok, and I’m lucky where I live, but live music fuels my soul, it’s my saviour and I’m feeling a little lost tonight ..... thanks for listening xxx 

4 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

How many times a day should someone with a genuine reason expect to be challenged and have to prove themselves though? That's not really fair and some of the reasons can't even be proven. I think some people are becoming too obsessed with trying to catch out every last dissenter, that's an impossible task and we already have very high compliance so is it really worth it, especially when you consider the potential distress it could cause genuine people if they are being constantly challenged.

Sorry we don’t agree! I think being challenged a few times per day is better than having people dying! A simple ‘I’m exempt’ is fine 

3 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Can someone / anyone give me hope that next year festivals will be on .... I thought I’d resigned myself to maybe not next year either but just watched killers from last year. I’d never watched it back before .... I’m now feeling lucky I was there but emotional, totally emotional that it all feels so up in the air .... I know no one knows answers, but probably for the second time only during this pandemic I’m actually physically upset over it , and the things we lost. Don’t get me wrong so glad we’ve got our health and life’s ok, and I’m lucky where I live, but live music fuels my soul, it’s my saviour and I’m feeling a little lost tonight ..... thanks for listening xxx 

I think that with every day that goes past the chances of it going ahead increase! Lots of good news on the vaccine front! 

1 minute ago, Sdsm123 said:

Sorry we don’t agree! I think being challenged a few times per day is better than having people dying! A simple ‘I’m exempt’ is fine 

We were walking around the supermarkets with no masks for months during the height of the pandemic and the infection rate has still declined,  mask wearing will help to keep that low but I don't think a tiny minority not wearing them in shops is going to be causing a second wave when at the same time you can go on a pub crawl with no mask and that's seen as perfectly ok. 

3 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yes. Vaccines are coming. The virus is already under enough control for the site build, we'll be fine. It's on, trust me.

7 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

You're brave admitting that , surprised you've not been lynched yet 🤣

Yes I wasn’t particularly happy when I read that he went in without a mask... I would have gone back home or asked to purchase a disposable one from the shop. It’s really important that everytime we go out we have a mask as we need it in every day life now, whether it’s in your car, pocket or bag, it’s so important to have one, and we should really be making sure we do when we go into shops, we shouldn’t really be going in without them just because we “forget”.

4 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

I agree. The main goal here is to stop the spread and save lives. A way around being challenged would be those with exemptions could wear land yards with cards issued by the government with exemption, so the store staff immediately know who is exempt and who isn’t.

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

We were walking around the supermarkets with no masks for months during the height of the pandemic and the infection rate has still declined,  mask wearing will help to keep that low but I don't think a tiny minority not wearing them in shops is going to be causing a second wave when at the same time you can go on a pub crawl with no mask and that's seen as perfectly ok. 

I’ve got to say though, I’m sceptical that this country will be successful in keeping infection rates low, it’s going to be a real struggle and a second spike is a real possibility.

I really don’t think it’s ok you can go on a pub crawl without a mask or social distancing to be honest, this is the type of behaviour which is going to cause a second spike in infections and another lockdown. It’s really important for those going to the pub to be extra careful with hand hygiene and social distance (and masks if you’re going to the toilet and it’s busy in the facility.) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

I was at Chessington world of adventures the other day and the main gift shop had a staff member policing mask policy, and every ride which needed masks had a staff member policing it too, and there was plenty of signage making people aware masks were mandatory. On the tomb blaster ride, because it's inside, for the entire duration inside the building you must wear a face mask. Two people in the queue in front of me were not wearing masks when they got to the entry to the indoor bit and the lady kicked them out of the line. I'm surprised a theme park setting can enforce mask wearing so strictly and a supermarket can't. There were also lots of announcements at Chessington saying masks need to cover the nose and the mouth when they are required etc.

I think entertainment venues operate under entirely different rules to retail establishments. Same reason a nightclub can turn anyone away for any reason.

3 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Shops cannot enforce that that is not required. There are exemptions to wearing a mask for various medical reasons and NO mechanism for proving that an individual is exempt. If they refuse to serve someone with a genuine medical problem they could be in breach of the disability discrimination legislation. People need to get on with their own business instead of trying to find people who don't have a mask so they can criticise them or think "they can't be trusted" and need even more rules and enforcement. I was in Asda earlier and saw a guy without a mask and had to mentally check myself as I thought "I bet he doesn't have anything wrong with him" it's far too easy to get into a pack mentality and single out someone who isn't "conforming".

I have to admit part of me just thinks it should be the same zero tolerance approach we had at the start of lockdown. Supermarkets and public transport are maybe the exception, but I can't help but think if you're medically unable to wear a face mask, maybe you just shouldn't be going in shops for a few months? I mean we've all done that for months already, is it that much to suggest that if you medically can't wear a mask then you continue to not go to Primark? Then things could actually be enforced.

I went to Tesco Extra yesterday and out of hundreds of people I didn’t see a single person without a mask.  Don’t underestimate the power of social conformity. 

If it carries on like that I don’t see the need to ask people without one why they haven’t  got one on.  They are already going to be on the receiving end of staring, eye rolls and tuts from the general public who’ve jumped to the wrong conclusion. 

If even 90% of people comply, the risk has been minimised, perhaps even eliminated, in those settings. Then everyone can go to the pub and spread it freely.  

When you compare the two settings we don’t really need to be jumping on granny’s without masks in shops do we? 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Another new vaccine with positive effects

I believe this Pfizer vaccine is cheap as chips to produce as well, a reminder that whilst Oxford and the US may be at the front of the race to get something out there first what really matters is getting something effective and widely available.

I am not tweeting but merely reading twitter. Can we talk about how the anti mask, anti vaccine etc movement is getting worse on these platforms?

These ain’t cronies with 100 followers and no replies either. Some of these have thousands of followers and hundreds agreeing with them in their replies.

This is what makes me fearful of next Glasto being cancelled, and why we may face another summer under heavy restrictions. The sheer number of pushback of anything that could help other people is shameful. 

These are the lot that would probably leave their lights on in a blackout during the war. It shows how the “you can’t tell me what to do” attitude in some of the most immature children does persist until adulthood.

8 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

No one can say for sure ...but at moment I'd say more likely there will be some festivals  on next summer. Just know that this will end...and it will feel great when it does.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I am not tweeting but merely reading twitter. Can we talk about how the anti mask, anti vaccine etc movement is getting worse on these platforms?

These ain’t cronies with 100 followers and no replies either. Some of these have thousands of followers and hundreds agreeing with them in their replies.

This is what makes me fearful of next Glasto being cancelled, and why we may face another summer under heavy restrictions. The sheer number of pushback of anything that could help other people is shameful. 

These are the lot that would probably leave their lights on in a blackout during the war. It shows how the “you can’t tell me what to do” attitude in some of the most immature children does persist until adulthood.

The people they voted for are selfish. Why wouldn’t they follow their example?