When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

27 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

Someone got reinfected and died the second time. They had antibodies from the first infection.

It is bad, and horrendous for that family. However it’s important to note that so far this is a very low proportion, if it was happening more then it would be all over the news. I know it’s tough but try not to worry about this, it’s possible more was going on with the patient as well. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

it will likely be income based...surely? We've got to pay for social care some how.

No idea but and I did think our NI/Tax already paid for these things.... as usual they target the low picking fruit to pay for things rather than looking at tax loopholes, stop wasting money on contracts for their rich buddies that don't deliver etc.

They are basically saying to us get private health insurance but still pay NI, this is nothing more than the slow road to change our health system to a US style one IMO :( 

quote "Under the plan over-40s would have to pay more in tax or national insurance, or be compelled to insure themselves against hefty bills for care when they are older."

Which will basically mean get it now, because I'll tell you now if you get covid and survive then try and get health insurance they will not cover you for any further illness that is caused by covid - this is the problem with private health care 

Edited by shoptildrop

24 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

No idea but and I did think our NI/Tax already paid for these things.... as usual they target the low picking fruit to pay for things rather than looking at tax loopholes, stop wasting money on contracts for their rich buddies that don't deliver etc.

They are basically saying to us get private health insurance but still pay NI, this is nothing more than the slow road to change our health system to a US style one IMO :( 

quote "Under the plan over-40s would have to pay more in tax or national insurance, or be compelled to insure themselves against hefty bills for care when they are older."

Which will basically mean get it now, because I'll tell you now if you get covid and survive then try and get health insurance they will not cover you for any further illness that is caused by covid - this is the problem with private health care 

Not sure that's the case - private health care doesn't generally cover you for care when older.

31 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

NI/Tax pays for health care, not social care. It's a ticking timebomb with an aging population, NHS beds already filled with old people because there's no where else for them to go. It needs sorting out one way or another. I think they will go for the tax thing rather than hoping people take out insurance.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

NI/Tax pays for health care, not social care. It's a ticking timebomb with an aging population, NHS beds already filled with old people because there's no where else for them to go. It needs sorting out one way or another. I think they will go for the tax thing rather than hoping people take out insurance.

anyway...this probably wont' happen...tax is always unpopular, and once Cummings looks at the polls and the focus groups they'll bin this one.

US seems to think Oct/Nov

Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr Anthony Fauci, refused to rule out the possibility of “October surprise” news of an effective vaccine in a call with the media.

The NIH started a large Phase 3 trial for a Covid-19 vaccine today.

Fauci said an October approval “is certainly conceivable, if we have a real blast of a rash of infection in those sites in which we do have active enrollment, that you might get an answer earlier than November. I doubt that, but we’re leaving an open mind that that might be possible.”

He added: “Likely November, but it is possible it could be earlier.”

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

US seems to think Oct/Nov

Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr Anthony Fauci, refused to rule out the possibility of “October surprise” news of an effective vaccine in a call with the media.

The NIH started a large Phase 3 trial for a Covid-19 vaccine today.

Fauci said an October approval “is certainly conceivable, if we have a real blast of a rash of infection in those sites in which we do have active enrollment, that you might get an answer earlier than November. I doubt that, but we’re leaving an open mind that that might be possible.”

He added: “Likely November, but it is possible it could be earlier.”

nice little boost to Trump's election prospects/

35 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So at least double that every day. Seems like a high "target" number really.... 

Boris pretty much said this the other week when he announced everything opening up, that cases have been steadily below 1000 per day, so I took that as what their bench mark is.... seems pretty high to me but its whether it will reflect in numbers of deaths?? I am hoping it doesn't and this is just the younger folk catching it and recovering with the community - straws and all

Edited by shoptildrop

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Boris pretty much said this the other week when he announced everything opening up, that cases have been steadily below 1000 per day, so I told that as what their bench mark is.... seems pretty high to me but its whether it will reflect in numbers of deaths?? I am hoping it doesn't and this is just the younger folk catching it and recovering with the community - straws and all

Especially since we shut off Spain when they get 1000 infections ? ... 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

nice little boost to Trump's election prospects/

Even if it was approved by then, its not going to be available to the public right away. But he will twist it into saying he did it all himself. All his hard work on the golf course, calling it a hoax, defeating china etc got a vaccine. 

i dont think its going to be enough because even in 3 months the unemployment rate is gonna be terrible and a lot of people will be out of a place to live. And if a lot of children die from going back to school. Are parents going to be that forgiving? I doubt it.

Edited by Suprefan