When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just on the subject of children wearing masks, for ages 3 and under they say there is a risk of choking hazard. I think the age is set at 11 as for a lot of parents it would be a nightmare to get young kids to put them on and keep them on.

I would say any child age 6 or over wearing a face mask will have a positive benefit at reducing transmission rates. There is no evidence it weakens a child’s immune system, just risk of choking hazard for very young children.

3 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

This is not helpful at all.  All it will do is alienate people and make them even more resolute in their beliefs.  See Brexit and Trump.

I don't think they would change their mind anyway they seem very bloody minded, so don't think he's doing any damage there tbh

27 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I think Glastonbury is a very different beast to a sports event where you enter for a matter of hours, sit in a seat (wearing masks I presume?) and then leave.    I think we would need to be in a position where things like nightclubs are open without measures for it to be seen as feasible, unless like Zoo suggested they did away with the indoor venues, which I just can't imagine.

Sorry to be so negative guys.  I want to believe it will happen, I really do 🙁

Nightclubs and festivals are different, festivals being outside and in the summer will be a difference factor. Whereas with nightclubs the whole setup seems prime for spread of a virus. There will be further breakthroughs by next summer which combined with everything else means festivals will go ahead I’m fairly sure. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Nightclubs and festivals are different, festivals being outside and in the summer will be a difference factor. Whereas with nightclubs the whole setup seems prime for spread of a virus. There will be further breakthroughs by next summer which combined with everything else means festivals will go ahead I’m fairly sure. 

What about venues like Block 9 and NYC downlow?  Do you think they could remain if nightclubs were not yet open without restrictions?

Just now, Cream Soda said:

What about venues like Block 9 and NYC downlow?  Do you think they could remain if nightclubs were not yet open without restrictions?

Those are difficult, personally I don’t think they could remain. I don’t mean to dunk on them but they are a small price to pay for the whole festival going ahead. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Someone needs to explain to me why some stores aren’t enforcing masks? Are people that scared about losing customers?

I think it's more they don't want the grief and aggression from people who don't want to wear masks as it will endanger staff - I can see why some places like Sainsbury's, Costa etc have said whilst they will have signs stating the law, there staff will not enforce them to avoid confrontation.

I'm mean look on twitter or FB how many folk are crying bloody murder about muzzles or quoting human rights jeez :huh: 

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

How about something like the John Peel?  Might as well be in a sweaty nightclub when you're in the middle of that.  Not to mention smaller tents like Williams Green, Croissant Neuf, etc

Just now, shoptildrop said:

I think it's more they don't want the grief and aggression from people who don't want to wear masks as it will endanger staff - I can see why some places like Sainsbury's, Costa etc have said whilst they will have signs stating the law, there staff will not enforce them to avoid confrontation.

I'm mean look on twitter or FB how many folk are crying bloody murder about muzzles or quoting human rights jeez :huh: 

I don’t get why in other countries they get on with masks just fine and in this country people have to kick and scream and make a fuss like babies. 

Wearing masks in these enclosed spaces can save lives, I just don’t get why some people are so selfish and don’t care about anyone else but themselves so think they are entitled not to stick to the law.

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

How about something like the John Peel?  Might as well be in a sweaty nightclub when you're in the middle of that.  Not to mention smaller tents like Williams Green, Croissant Neuf, etc

yeah, without a vaccine or virus just mutating or dying out or something, I can't see Glastonbury happening.

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

croissant neuf was one of the hottest places ive ever been .... no way I could even get inside it with that heat !!

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

I don’t get why in other countries they get on with masks just fine and in this country people have to kick and scream and make a fuss like babies. 

Wearing masks in these enclosed spaces can save lives, I just don’t get why some people are so selfish and don’t care about anyone else but themselves so think they are entitled not to stick to the law.

maybe in other countries there are problems too....we just don't hear about it. In some places like far east wearing a mask if have cold symptoms is very normal.

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Is that actually the case?  I don't have loads of personal experience of this, but what I have heard from a German friend is pretty much similar to here.

I appreciate this is just one example, but  in my local co-op earlier today I saw 100% customer compliance with masks (Children excluded) and 0% staff wearing masks, so not quite sure how my local co-op could legitimately call out a customer for not wearing a mask even if they wanted to. 

Just now, BrokenDown said:

I appreciate this is just one example, but  in my local co-op earlier today I saw 100% customer compliance with masks (Children excluded) and 0% staff wearing masks, so not quite sure how my local co-op could legitimately call out a customer for not wearing a mask even if they wanted to. 

I don't think shop staff have to. Isn't that right?

Sorry yes you are right, they don’t have too but it seems odd that’s all, in a small shop where they are in the aisles restocking, I fully appreciate they don’t have a choice where they are as it’s their job but I can reconcile it with shops (potentially) telling customers to wear masks (which obviously customers should be doing).

Edited by BrokenDown
Spelling

9 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Me me me culture and don't like change would probably sum up a certain contingent of the UK :( 

9 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Is that actually the case?  I don't have loads of personal experience of this, but what I have heard from a German friend is pretty much similar to here.

I have a German friend who says everyone just gets on with the masks, and apparently they have a contact tracing app which is very good as well. She was shocked at how relaxed the rules are here compared to over in Germany.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thats correct but completely bonkers 

I agree t's nuts, if they are on the shop floor they should be wearing a mask. Above used Co-op as example, my local one is small with narrow aisles yet staff stocking up never wear a mask but ones behind the till with screens do - go figure :huh:

On Bank Holiday Sunday 30th August, Alexandra Park and Palace will open its gates for Kaleidoscope presents...Unlocked. This socially distanced outdoor music experience will be held in the Pavilion event space in the park.

Line up:

Norman Jay MBE

DJ Yoda (full AV show)

& many more to be announced