When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Well good news for everyone it’s definitely happening next year because my annual leave just got approved (holiday year runs July-July) 

My current thinking is winter will be shitty again, local lockdowns galore but by April things will be getting better, festivals get the green light. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Apparently in Scotland it doesn't include banks so am told. 

Yet it does in England, good old Government Guidlines out less than 24 hours till it's law... giving organisations so much time to prepare signage, acquire masks etc 🙄

8 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Masks required in shopping centres, banks, post offices, supermarkets and takeaway food stores.

If you are buying food from pret, greggs etc. You must wear your mask when buying food at the counter but when you are sat down you can remove your mask.

It’s a good job you are no longer at risk of catching covid as soon as you sit down to eat. 

• Upvote 2

I’m going to secure Covid with some greggs sausage rolls .... was going to post about shopping centres and masks as my local one already has signs up ... adding to the danger out there I just stubbed my bloody toe and it’s bleeding nicely :( 

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Does anyone think the government will reinstate quarantine measures on those travelling in from Spain to keep our rates of transmission low? Spain had +2615 cases today, I'd rather people weren't going between the uk and Spain at the moment. 

It’s likely I’d say ... very tough on those that have left without them in place and have to use up another 2 weeks of holiday allowance isolating when they weren’t expecting to ... 

9 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Does anyone think the government will reinstate quarantine measures on those travelling in from Spain to keep our rates of transmission low? Spain had +2615 cases today, I'd rather people weren't going between the uk and Spain at the moment. 

A mate of mine has just had her holiday to Spain cancelled so some measures are obviously in place. 

Just now, Sdsm123 said:

Yes crazy! Your mask looks very plain! Think you need to get your craft on😍

I’ve got a decent one on the way ... sewing not one of my favourite pastimes ... will have a think ... the facemask market seems to be covered :) 

24 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Sorry if this causes offence to anyone here but I honestly can't believe people are travelling abroad while still at the relatively early phase of a global pandemic. Especially when they saw how quickly lockdown was imposed in some countries. 

My friend is going on a last minute holiday to Turkey next week - he's mental. Turkey are mental for letting people in from here and just in general the whole thing is a ridiculous lack of common sense. 

That said, he keeps sending me QAnon stuff and a table of "with covid vs from covid" stats so I imagine without him overtly saying that he thinks it's an overblown hoax to gain control of America or something....

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Sorry if this causes offence to anyone here but I honestly can't believe people are travelling abroad while still at the relatively early phase of a global pandemic. Especially when they saw how quickly lockdown was imposed in some countries. 

My friend is going on a last minute holiday to Turkey next week - he's mental. Turkey are mental for letting people in from here and just in general the whole thing is a ridiculous lack of common sense. 

That said, he keeps sending me QAnon stuff and a table of "with covid vs from covid" stats so I imagine without him overtly saying that he thinks it's an overblown hoax to gain control of America or something....

I guess it’s about making personal assessments as to wether you deem a holiday and the aspects relating to it a greater risk than what you might do in day to day life ... someone on here had just returned from a different Ibiza holiday and enjoyed it and remained safe ... so it’s a choice ... like visiting the gym ... we all have to asses normal things in different ways ... not a choice I’d make ... yet 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess it’s about making personal assessments as to wether you deem a holiday and the aspects relating to it a greater risk than what you might do in day to day life ... someone on here had just returned from a different Ibiza holiday and enjoyed it and remained safe ... so it’s a choice ... like visiting the gym ... we all have to asses normal things in different ways ... not a choice I’d make ... yet 

I agree I just think the potential for lockdowns, or as has been suggested having to quarantine when you get back, has to be factored in as a risk whether the government said so or not. It's a pandemic and things change quickly. 

I think impose a quarantine on people coming back from Spain whether they are already there or not if cases are rising so quickly - that HAS to be part of the risk they take. People's feelings when making decisions like that really are not of any consequence - they should have a level of common sense to know it won't just be normal, and they are not the priority, public health is

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I agree I just think the potential for lockdowns, or as has been suggested having to quarantine when you get back, has to be factored in as a risk whether the government said so or not. It's a pandemic and things change quickly. 

I think impose a quarantine on people coming back from Spain whether they are already there or not if cases are rising so quickly - that HAS to be part of the risk they take. People's feelings when making decisions like that really are not of any consequence - they should have a level of common sense to know it won't just be normal, and they are not the priority, public health is

yep that definitely has to be part of the decision process ... if someone went for a 2 week holiday and then spent 2 weeks isolating .... thats probably most of peoples holiday allowance for the year .... I need to spread mine out to remain sane !!