When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Was reading similar sentiments on the BBC site yesterday in the comments on one of the articles. Not sure how representative, if at all, the comments on there are but the overwhelming majority were in the “COVID isn’t that bad, the deaths are way lower than reported and let’s get back to normal” camp. 

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Was reading similar sentiments on the BBC site yesterday in the comments on one of the articles. Not sure how representative, if at all, the comments on there are but the overwhelming majority were in the “COVID isn’t that bad, the deaths are way lower than reported and let’s get back to normal” camp. 

I guess the dread of what could be coming at start of pandemic was immense for a lot of people...and then as we come out of lockdown a lot of people won't even know anyone, or know hardly anyone, who has got ill and died from it. I don't know any, although I do know a few people who have been in hospital because of it...old friends who I haven't seen for a long time. In the end, covid doesn't appear to be that bad because the lockdown worked so well...but I think we were very close to it being a lot worse in this country with NHS being overwhelmed etc We could have been in a situation like Lombardy and other areas, a total nightmare. Also, probably depends if you have relatives who are in care homes or not...cause some of those places got ravaged.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Paid bots I imagine - when the government wants something to happen these sorts of comments suddenly appear in bulk to shape opinion. I've seen them everywhere that sort of thing is discussed in the past couple of days, alongside those accusing the government and media of "fearmongering" on purpose despite this all being a huge inconvenience to them. 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Upvoted, mainly because of the word pharmacovigilance.

😁...personally, my favourite words are Sausage or Dudelsac (the German for bagpipes!). 

edit: and no, I wasn't the person with the I ❤️Sausage flag!

Edited by Toilet Duck

12 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

😁...personally, my favourite words are Sausage or Dudelsac (the German for bagpipes!). 

edit: and no, I wasn't the person with the I ❤️Sausage flag!

Thank god! You’ve built up an impeccable reputation here and that would have destroyed it in one fell swoop!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Thank god! You’ve built up an impeccable reputation here and that would have destroyed it in one fell swoop!

😁...when I first wrote that, I actually wrote "idiot", but then thought, nah, I'll try and be nice, so I'll just say "person"..that feckin' flag tho. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Why are people still surprised about this, the MSM don’t effectively challenge nonsense and collectively still give platforms to people like Farage. We now happen to have one of them in No 10.

nah, it's not that (tho it doesn't help).

The core of it is feelings being valued more than facts.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the world is getting dumber. :( 

It doesn’t help when the BBC is even running speculative articles about the vaccine.

The world is getting dumber because we’ve given people with no knowledge about challenging subjects an equal platform in debate.

”I don’t know anything about it but I just know I don’t like it” is now seen as equal in weight to “I’ve studied this my entire life”.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Strange. Not being ageist but I'd assume it's the older people that are into all those 5G and vaccine conspiracy theories, not young people

Younger people more likely to be on social media which is full of this stuff.

He also later talks in thread how conservative voters more likely to be hostile to China...which explains lab thing...and Labour/remain voters more don't like govt so think they're lying about number of deaths.

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Why are people still surprised about this, the MSM don’t effectively challenge nonsense and collectively still give platforms to people like Farage. We now happen to have one of them in No 10.

But on the right wing, them lot often complain about the MSM too. Like with the BBC; leftists complain that it's a Tory mouthpiece, and righties complain that it's a Labour/Leftist/Marxist mouthpiece

Personally, I think the answer is to use more guillotines

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

But on the right wing, them lot often complain about the MSM too. Like with the BBC; leftists complain that it's a Tory mouthpiece, and righties complain that it's a Labour/Leftist/Marxist mouthpiece

Personally, I think the answer is to use more guillotines

See, this is the problem. We didn't vote for Brussels fat cats to impose their European methods of execution on us.  Brexit means being sacrificed by druids. Or at least a big axe.