When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

From the BBC, I'm not normally one to bash the BBC, but fuck them for this bullshit news bite.

'Questions unanswered' or 'all a hoax'?

Two different conclusions drawn from the Russia report here:

Guy Verhofstadt, chief Brexit negotiator for the European Parliament, says: "Brexit was always a gift to Putin because it weakened the EU and left Britain divided, isolated - the Russia Report shows just how many questions remain unanswered."

While Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage says: "Years of lies and smears from Remain politicians and much of our media. There is no evidence of Russian involvement with Leave.EU or me in the referendum. It was all a hoax - apologies are now required."

3 minutes ago, mazola said:

From the BBC, I'm not normally one to bash the BBC, but fuck them for this bullshit news bite.

Guy Verhofstadt, chief Brexit negotiator for the European Parliament, says: "Brexit was always a gift to Putin because it weakened the EU and left Britain divided, isolated - the Russia Report shows just how many questions remain unanswered."

While Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage says: "Years of lies and smears from Remain politicians and much of our media. There is no evidence of Russian involvement with Leave.EU or me in the referendum. It was all a hoax - apologies are now required."

Farage is conveniently omitting there is no evidence of Russian involved because our government didn’t look for it. 

4 minutes ago, mazola said:

But, there Farage is right isn't he? There is no evidence. No smoking gun. The report just suggests government has ignored the possibilty of russian involvement...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

But, there Farage is right isn't he? There is no evidence. No smoking gun. The report just suggests government has ignored the possibilty of russian involvement...

Are you for real?

Just now, mazola said:

Why the fuck are they giving Farage a outlet to spout his bullshit nonsense

This is what I don’t get honestly. This guy knows nothing about anything. He is an expert on nothing but he is frequently called up to give his opinion on things.

His supporters probably sympathise with the fact he’s a clown with no expertise on anything spouting rubbish. They probably see themselves in him.

Look, I can't stand Farage...but he does represent a lot of people who think the same...and you could argue that he has been one of the most influential and successful politicians in the last decade.

Because he speaks stupid to the stupid. That’s why he’s done well.

actually no he hasn’t done well at all what I am I chatting. He’s extremely unelectable. Never really held any kind of power. He is an easy phone in to talk to people who know nothing about anything.

Edited by Matt42

Look, I can't stand Farage...but he does represent a lot of people who think the same...and you could argue that he has been one of the most influential and successful politicians in the last decade.

The only thing I'd pull you up on there is that he's more of a demagogue than a politician. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

actually no he hasn’t done well at all what I am I chatting. He’s extremely unelectable. Never really held any kind of power. He is an easy phone in to talk to people who know nothing about anything.

except he has had indirect power to influence...which he has done massively...whether it is helping to push Cameron to hold the referendum, the referendum outcome or the massive win for brexit party in EU elections that led to May quitting, Johnson becoming PM, and a super hard brexit.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

except he has had indirect power to influence...which he has done massively...whether it is helping to push Cameron to hold the referendum, the referendum outcome or the massive win for brexit party in EU elections that led to May quitting, Johnson becoming PM, and a super hard brexit.

Sounds like he’s trying to claim success for the achievements of others. He loves to think that he had a strong influence in the leave campaign. Dominic Cummings has blacklisted him from pretty much any senior politician in the cabinet and most in politics refuse to work with him. He keeps begging trump to be his mate. Did you see him the other day in that BBC thing claiming his love for Rupert Murdoch, but Murdoch never returns his calls?

He’s the unpopular kid outside knocking on the window asking to come in and play.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Sounds like he’s trying to claim success for the achievements of others. He loves to think that he had a strong influence in the leave campaign. Dominic Cummings has blacklisted him from pretty much any senior politician in the cabinet and most in politics refuse to work with him.

He’s the unpopular kid outside knocking on the window asking to come in and play.

See this is kind of the problem - there is a tendency to write off people like Farage as an irrelevance precisely because they don't have a seat at the table.

However laughable his own attempts to get elected to parliament have been, what he has done is to provide the focal point for the whole idea of UK independence and Brexit.  A lot of people are on his side, but would realistically voted Tory because they know that UKIP would never win but recognise enough of what Farage promotes with the Tory party to make it their realistic option.

Never underestimate the influence people like Farage have. That's why you have things like Brexit and Trump.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well...yeah.

Sorry, that came across as quite twatty :D

I just think that so much of what has happened over the last few years is driven by language that I'm quite keen to use the right words where I can :)

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

See this is kind of the problem - there is a tendency to write off people like Farage as an irrelevance precisely because they don't have a seat at the table.

However laughable his own attempts to get elected to parliament have been, what he has done is to provide the focal point for the whole idea of UK independence and Brexit.  A lot of people are on his side, but would realistically voted Tory because they know that UKIP would never win but recognise enough of what Farage promotes with the Tory party to make it their realistic option.

Never underestimate the influence people like Farage have. That's why you have things like Brexit and Trump.

I’m not totally writing him off. His audience lap up anything he says and never question it, but whenever Farage ventures outside of his circle he falls flat on his arse.

But once again you’ve supported my point :P he’s done pretty good at being a vessel to further the points of others. Brexit the uncivil war explains this very well. Farage thinks he’s fighting his own fight, but he’s too stupid to realise that he’s out there making the positions of his rivals stronger. His entire recent career has been about benefitting Boris and Dominic and he falls for it every time.

His, UKIP’s, and the Brexit Party’s biggest success has been the expansion of the Conservative party’s voter base. He has succeeded in making the tories stronger.

He will never admit this though but this is the only thing he’s ever achieved. It’s laughable he thinks this is a victory for him.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

no, not twatty at all...and I got to learn a new word.

Following Susie Dent on Twitter is good for that - combines her love of language and archaic words with thinly veiled abuse of Trump and Johnson :)

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not totally writing him off. His audience lap up anything he says and never question it, but whenever Farage ventures outside of his circle he falls flat on his arse.

But once again you’ve supported my point :P he’s done pretty good at being a vessel to further the points of others. Brexit the uncivil war explains this very well. Farage thinks he’s fighting his own fight, but he’s too stupid to realise that he’s out there making the positions of his rivals stronger. His entire recent career has been about benefitting Boris and Dominic and he falls for it every time.

His, UKIP’s, and the Brexit Party’s biggest success has been the expansion of the Conservative party’s voter base. He has succeeded in making the tories stronger.

He will never admit this though but this is the only thing he’s ever achieved. It’s laughable he thinks this is a victory for him.

That uncivil war programme was interesting...Cummings just wanted everything done his way...had no truck with the crudity of Banks and Farage...but in the end he just pushed similar simple messages just the same...control, NHS and Turkey. Over and over again. He probably thought that Farage breaking point poster was genius.

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well, not really dude.  You said he hadn't done well at all, and is trying to claim success for the achievements of others; that was the point you made?

Without getting pedantic and in a back and forth over what was said and ehat was meant (look where that got you last time!:P ) I think the really interesting thing it's what's defined as success for Farage.

If success is getting elected to parliament, or his party / parties having a direct influence in votes in the HoC then yup, he's a pretty dismal failure.

But if success is Britain's exit from the EU, regardless of his personal seat in parliament, then he's very successful.  Whether that's down to his patriotic heart (mwah ha ha) or because he sees long term financial gain in it is another question.

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well, he wanted Brexit, Cummings and Johnson let him do the dirty work with all the bigoted racist stuff, they used him to achieve a common goal. He still contributed to Brexit happening.