When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just thinking today is 2 weeks since pub reopening ... have we had any major repercussions in terms of numbers ?

It's been fluctuating between around 300-800 confirmed infections per day and hasn't been above 1000 for 3 weeks now I believe, whilst these cases are still higher than preferred, they're not as close to the 1000 a day we were seeing a month or so ago 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

It's been fluctuating between around 300-800 confirmed infections per day and hasn't been above 1000 for 3 weeks now I believe, whilst these cases are still higher than preferred, they're not as close to the 1000 a day we were seeing a month or so ago 

and there have been some localised outbreaks amongst that .... not specific to pubs .... hopefully thats a step negotiated ... next one for me is the gyms ... 

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

and there have been some localised outbreaks amongst that .... not specific to pubs .... hopefully thats a step negotiated ... next one for me is the gyms ... 

I think they've said they've been doing a lot of testing within the localised outbreaks such as Leicester and Blackburn so if they can be contained in such a way it could be a way forward to some form of normality 

Definitely setting us all up for the blame when we get the second surge and everything not back to normal by christmas🙄

Return to normality depends on how 'alert' people are, says Grant Shapps

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/18/return-to-normality-depends-on-how-alert-people-grant-shapps-coronavirus

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Definitely setting us all up for the blame when we get the second surge and everything not back to normal by christmas🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/18/return-to-normality-depends-on-how-alert-people-grant-shapps-coronavirus

All of yesterday was about passing the buck in the future. Doesn’t matter if it’s the public, employers, local authorities, sports clubs or fans or concert goers - just as long as it’s not someone blue (or Cummings!).

We all just have to keep doing what we are doing to keep ourselves and everyone around us safe. 

Comedian Henning Wehn once pointed out that if you alive during WWII but not old enough to fight, you were a net drain on Britain’s resources and ipso facto a net benefit for the Axis.

Whenever I see anyone talk about the war nowadays thats what I think

https://phe.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=47574f7a6e454dc6a42c5f6912ed7076

If anyone is interested in more local level information for where you live/work, this from PHE,  gives totals of positive tests for the past week. Once you have entered your postcode, click the right arrow for the figure. If it says ‘suppressed’ it indicates 0-2 positive tests

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I like that .... today ive been watching many attempts with people fiddling with masks that dont seem to be very well put on ... toggles seem a good idea ... Ive also witnessed 3  people taking masks off to have a chat  I also wonder if its worth the govt having some basic training videos on mask wearing on TV .... :( uptake is slowly increasing ... id say 40% today ....

Stood outside Waitrose in Wells this afternoon while Mrs P goes in....deliberately positioned well away from the flow of people so I don't have my mask on.  Guy with pushchair comes at me and although there is yards of space he unnecessarilycrosses within inches of me.  I say to him he should be distancing, and he holds up a finger and says '1 f*cking metre mate'.  I tell him he's wrong and that it's only 1 metre where 2 or more can't be achieved, while showing him all the space around.  'Wear a f' cking mask then you c**t' he says. 

Nice. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Stood outside Waitrose in Wells this afternoon while Mrs P goes in....deliberately positioned well away from the flow of people so I don't have my mask on.  Guy with pushchair comes at me and although there is yards of space he unnecessarilycrosses within inches of me.  I say to him he should be distancing, and he holds up a finger and says '1 f*cking metre mate'.  I tell him he's wrong and that it's only 1 metre where 2 or more can't be achieved, while showing him all the space around.  'Wear a f' cking mask then you c**t' he says. 

Nice. 

What’s this distancing you talk of ? :( I’m about to write a letter to my workplace so worried am I about the lack of distancing ... I’ve been sold the distancing measures being in place to get me to return ... (I knew they weren’t but thought I could cope with it ) if I don’t write it then I don’t know what I’d do if we got an outbreak... it’s ironic I’d feel guilt even though I’m doing what I can to distance 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

What’s this distancing you talk of ? :( I’m about to write a letter to my workplace so worried am I about the lack of distancing ... I’ve been sold the distancing measures being in place to get me to return ... (I knew they weren’t but thought I could cope with it ) if I don’t write it then I don’t know what I’d do if we got an outbreak... it’s ironic I’d feel guilt even though I’m doing what I can to distance 

I fully understand how you feel.....it's like you're in the wrong for merely asking to be safe in your workplace.  Whilst not related to my workplace twice in 2 days I've now politely asked someone to respect my space, and twice it's either been met with ridicule (yesterday) or threatening insult (today).

Those 

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I fully understand how you feel.....it's like you're in the wrong for merely asking to be safe in your workplace.  Whilst not related to my workplace twice in 2 days I've now politely asked someone to respect my space, and twice it's either been met with ridicule (yesterday) or threatening insult (today).

It’s like we need separate work places ... one for those that seem to care and one for those that carry on regardless ... what a divisive thing this is ... I keep hearing in it together over my store radio channel ... how wrong they are :( 

What I really want to know is! We seem to have 150,000 spare testing capacity each day. What do we do with that? Do we do random testing off people from different towns? Do we test every single person entering the country? Do we use that capacity to mass test different towns who have a localised outbreak! I’m just thinking that Boris Johnson wants 550,000 testing capacity daily by October but what is the point of that if we aren’t using the capacity! Interested to hear people opinions 

2 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

What I really want to know is! We seem to have 150,000 spare testing capacity each day. What do we do with that? Do we do random testing off people from different towns? Do we test every single person entering the country? Do we use that capacity to mass test different towns who have a localised outbreak! I’m just thinking that Boris Johnson wants 550,000 testing capacity daily by October but what is the point of that if we aren’t using the capacity! Interested to hear people opinions 

Because that allows you to have more daily cases that you can track, without lockdown. 

9 hours ago, parsonjack said:

We went out to lunch today, outside, two households that have been careful with distancing. The waitress decides to sit down with us to take our order... and again for desert. By the time I’d got riled enough to say anything it was over, but it seems like some people just don’t even realise anything’s going on!