When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

little tip for everyone that is due to have a flu jab this year .... if you are in the over 65s and normal categories for flu jabs, get in early .... there is a good chance the over 50s might also get offered it .... as a way of keeping numbers in hospital down ....but there is only a limited supply which gps surgerys would have ordered very early in the year ....

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Some positive numbers of drops today .... will wait for @Ozanne to post the numbers but what Ive seen its looking lots better 

Yup...usual caveats of being after the weekend but the general pattern of reductions continues.  The rate of decline is definitely showing, but there's a slightly less pronounced levelling off now.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Yup...usual caveats of being after the weekend but the general pattern of reductions continues.  The rate of decline is definitely showing, but there's a slightly less pronounced levelling off now.

definitely with those included ...its dropping :) 3 weeks for me is the next crucial point ...

2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

At this risk of being too optimistic, it's encouraging the numbers seem to be dropping in spite of relaxed lockdown measures, people have been meeting in big groups for a good month or two now!

Happy to take any signs of optimism ... 

40 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I'm trying to be more cautious after my early stage denial that Glastonbury was in danger 😂

thing is .... it is possible that this virus thing comes in waves...and we're at the low bit before starts going up again.

So, best to be cautious at this stage.

57 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

At this risk of being too optimistic, it's encouraging the numbers seem to be dropping in spite of relaxed lockdown measures, people have been meeting in big groups for a good month or two now!

No noticeable 'rebound' from any of the things that the media have whipped a frenzy up about: VE Day, packed beaches/parks, BLM protests, etc.

The figures in two weeks now that the hospitality sector has reopened will hopefully continue this encouraging trend.

10 minutes ago, northernringo said:

No noticeable 'rebound' from any of the things that the media have whipped a frenzy up about: VE Day, packed beaches/parks, BLM protests, etc.

The figures in two weeks now that the hospitality sector has reopened will hopefully continue this encouraging trend.

I was thinking about this, we haven’t had anything here yet but in Florida with the beaches opened cases have soared. India another country where people are outside a lot has soared too. I think there is something to the outside air helping but we shouldn’t be too cavalier about it. 

Germany has more cases than the UK today. Not something I thought I would ever say during this pandemic. On pop.density though they are probably just slightly lower in cases per capita than us.

Today seems to be a very low day for cases for Europe though, which is really encouraging. Italy has just over 200 and Netherlands a mere 36, lots are still yet to post numbers.

There's nothing to say cases can't and won't rise again, just look at what is happening in America, Brazil, India and Russia. But if we all keep up the good work a lot of people have been doing so far, keeping 2m apart, wearing a mask indoors, having good hand hygiene and meeting outdoors with friends rather than indoors, hopefully we can keep the transmission rates at R=1.

Countries like Italy,france, Germany and Spain have been unlocked for a while now. Since unlocking, their cases stopped on downward trend but have held steadily with a R=1 roughly and these countries, which all have similar populations to the uk, have averaged between 100-500 cases a day. With consistent high levels of testing, contact tracing and the things I mentioned above, hopefully we can also keep the r at 1 until we find a vaccine or an effective treatment. I guess that's the plan anyway. The last thing this country needs, in terms of health, socially and the economy is a second lockdown, so we need to keep up the good practises most of us have been doing so far to stop any possible chances of this all kicking off again.

Edited by FestivalJamie

Another tip for the day .... do not have an antibody test if you can avoid it , especially if you are seeking a mortgage or life insurance .... some nhs workers are being refused these based on positive antibody tests as the long term future of covid repercussions aren't yet fully known ... im glad I didnt get one in the end ...

Davyd added: “It is very clear that the intention of government is that grassroots music venues will receive a significant amount of this fund. They want it to get out to the regions. We’re pretty made up, to be honest.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/wed-have-lost-hundreds-of-music-venues-by-now-if-it-werent-for-the-british-public-say-mvt-after-government-bailout-2702366

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Another tip for the day .... do not have an antibody test if you can avoid it , especially if you are seeking a mortgage or life insurance .... some nhs workers are being refused these based on positive antibody tests as the long term future of covid repercussions aren't yet fully known ... im glad I didnt get one in the end ...

wow.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I was thinking about this, we haven’t had anything here yet but in Florida with the beaches opened cases have soared. India another country where people are outside a lot has soared too. I think there is something to the outside air helping but we shouldn’t be too cavalier about it. 

Add to that they fully reopened on increased cases and it was a receipe for distaster, we've managed to get the cases down to the lower hundreds thankfully so if there's less virus out there we hopefully have fewer chances of catching it 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

wow.

its horrendous ...my sister told me today its been published in a couple of medical publications in the last few days and you can guess who have been getting the antibody tests mostly .... !!

Edited by crazyfool1

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There’s some concern that they might be delaying insurance processes but they’ve been clear that no one should be disadvantaged by having a test: https://www.ft.com/content/6d13150f-b258-400e-8725-00062d9fbc17

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

There’s some concern that they might be delaying insurance processes but they’ve been clear that no one should be disadvantaged by having a test: https://www.ft.com/content/6d13150f-b258-400e-8725-00062d9fbc17

ive no access to that unfortunately .... does it mention mortgage refusals ? I think the current advice is that they dont get the tests ..and that was from a publication a few days ago .... 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I was thinking about this, we haven’t had anything here yet but in Florida with the beaches opened cases have soared. India another country where people are outside a lot has soared too. 

Has the amount of testing increased also or is it just a straight increase in cases with testing at a consistent level?