When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah it would be a good way of doing it, on a card or through your phone. I wonder if it would have a date you'd have to spend it by as well. Leta not get too excite just yet, it's just an idea present to Sunak. Well have more of an idea on Wednesday what he plans to do.

Where would you spend the £500! I wonder if Glastonbury tickets could be paid with it 🤩🤩🤩

4 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I was kind of waiting for this.

When I get a ticket I usually try to aim for Gate B and then Row Mead, so definitely a bit biased.

I was going to concede the point that the far reaches are generally less packed, but is there still lots of space by the Friday night? I would argue that if you're solo, you would probably still have issues with coming back from a bimble and finding yourself inconvenienced in some way at some point (it's hard to create a camp perimeter with just one tent). Plus the post was getting too long.

You're spot on about the trade off/balance thing. Posted elsewhere how I would have probably struggled with it this year. I'm getting to old to be camped miles away from everything is a major consideration these days methinks.

Also, the amount of land given up for crew camping these days (bottom of Pennards being a prime example, but not just them, pretty much every crew encampment you can see from site). They never exactly look cramped together like everyone else do they? Even with massive tents and caravans. Acres of room. They still have bonfires.

Wish the same could be said for the camp when I volunteer, where we pretty much get told where to pitch by the camp stewards. Which is a horrible feeling at Glastonbury. They don't really have any choice though, as space is tight and there are probably more people to fit into said field year on year. Same point kind of applies there though. The head honchos get there early with their large encampment and do a land grab.

Sorry wittering on again.

Fair enough mate. We are a couple so one smallish tent and had no issues at all with access being blocked even by the end of the weekend in Bushy. But appreciate it is a long walk!

Can confirm, no fucker here is wearing a mask. 

I was on public transport on Saturday (first time since February) and wore one, only saw one other person wearing one and given it was a Saturday afternoon in Stockholm city it was relatively busy (albeit quieter than it would be in normal circumstances). 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

not sure they sell them on the high street these days :) 

Suppose, but it does say that you can spend at places which have been affected by COVID surely Glastonbury has been! 

20 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Can someone explain pillar one v pillar 2 testing please!

• pillar 1: swab testing in Public Health England (PHE) labs and NHS hospitals for those with a clinical need, and health and care workers
  • pillar 2: swab testing for the wider population, as set out in government guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-data-methodology/covid-19-testing-data-methodology-note

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:
  • pillar 1: swab testing in Public Health England (PHE) labs and NHS hospitals for those with a clinical need, and health and care workers
  • pillar 2: swab testing for the wider population, as set out in government guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-data-methodology/covid-19-testing-data-methodology-note

Thanks out of upvoted but will come back and give you one 

32 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I know we shouldn't like a drunken crazy people, but this video is hilarious she's like a battering ram!! :lol:

Reminds me of a really shit zombie film.!

10 hours ago, zero000 said:

I’d selfishly hate to see Scotland leave. Don’t leave us with those Bastards please. 

At the risk of attracting criticism from her supporters, once the economics of independence are closely examined it becomes a less attractive proposition. I have however learned the hard way that debating the issue on social media does court controversy!  Anyway, I would never breakaway from the country that contains Worthy Farm.! 

6 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So surely the question should be if Scotland becomes independent and we take our Royal family back who will you be left with?

The bigger question is why does Scotland get to escape and the rest of us are stuck with Bojo etc. 

Wales has it’s own parliament, Cornwall has strong claims for independence. There’s even a movement wanting independence for Yorkshire but I’d compromise and would be happy re-establishing the Danelaw. I quite like the Nordic way of running things.