When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

The 'stay at home' messaging wasn't the part that meant we were in lockdown. That was just messaging. It's the measurements that are in place that dictate whether we are in lockdown. Have a quick look, do some research you'll see that most places are saying measures have been relaxed greatly but the UK remains in some form of lockdown. Have you looked into any of this before?

I think you’re over complicating it. The virus took hold and was spreading rapidly. To bring it under control we shut everything down and everyone was told stay at home and only leave for essential reasons (food, medicine) and for one session of exercise per day. While this was the case we were told to stay at home, and the messaging was stay at home.

Once it was deemed under control (open to debate) this started to be relaxed and the message changed, why would we be told to stay at home when we didn’t have to stay at home anymore?

There are still a number of restrictions in place but we aren’t confined to our homes and haven’t been for a while.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think you’re over complicating it. The virus took hold and was spreading rapidly. To bring it under control we shut everything down and everyone was told stay at home and only leave for essential reasons (food, medicine) and for one session of exercise per day. While this was the case we were told to stay at home, and the messaging was stay at home.

Once it was deemed under control (open to debate) this started to be relaxed and the message changed, why would we be told to stay at home when we didn’t have to stay at home anymore?

There are still a number of restrictions in place but we aren’t confined to our homes and haven’t been for a while.

No I'm not over complicating it. I've explained why we are essentially still in lockdown. Some business are still being locked down, and part of stay alert means to stay at home as much as possible. Many are still being advised to work from home, schools aren't fully open yet and quarantine is still in place for several countries. It's not complicated at all. Have you done any research on it?

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The attached is from gov.uk and is from the transcript of the PMs speech to the nation on Friday 3rd July. 'And of course, lockdown has not yet been lifted entirely.'

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 16.57.44.png

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

No I'm not over complicating it. I've explained why we are essentially still in lockdown. Some business are still being locked down, and part of stay alert means to stay at home as much as possible. Many are still being advised to work from home, schools aren't fully open yet and quarantine is still in place for several countries. It's not complicated at all. Have you done any research on it?

Staying at home "as much as possible " would mean not eating or drinking out at all, I don't think that's really the message. If businesses like those open but no one turned up because they were staying home as much as possible wouldn't that be a disaster?

15 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

UK figures for 5th July, new daily death figures are 67 up from 36 Sunday last week.

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 16.47.13.png

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 16.47.22.png

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 16.47.31.png

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 16.47.40.png

The 7 day average as per the govs slides is 97.9 however the last 3 days average is 117.25.

Oh BBC had different figures

4 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Staying at home "as much as possible " would mean not eating or drinking out at all, I don't think that's really the message. If businesses like those open but no one turned up because they were staying home as much as possible wouldn't that be a disaster?

Maybe it isn't 'stay at home as much as possible' to be fair, but it's not too far off.

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 17.04.07.png

On the more promising news of the planned high street vouchers the government are thinking of issuing. This will be a great boost for the economy if that money is getting put back into the system. 

We need to keep spending to get the economy flowing again. £500 per adult and £250 per child is a nice chunk of cash especially for families.

Slightly biased opinion but it would be a great time to buy a new bed with that nice bonus windfall. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Maybe it isn't 'stay at home as much as possible' to be fair, but it's not too far off.

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 17.04.07.png

It might be the easiest way to limit contact but they dont actually want everyone to stay at home anymore, that would be a nightmare for businesses. Hence getting rid of the stay at home slogan. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

On the more promising news of the planned high street vouchers the government are thinking of issuing. This will be a great boost for the economy if that money is getting put back into the system. 

We need to keep spending to get the economy flowing again. £500 per adult and £250 per child is a nice chunk of cash especially for families.

Slightly biased opinion but it would be a great time to buy a new bed with that nice bonus windfall. 

where have u seen that ? 

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

It might be the easiest way to limit contact but they dont actually want everyone to stay at home anymore, that would be a nightmare for businesses. Hence getting rid of the stay at home slogan. 

True that part might have changed from the 4th on staying at home.

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Source?

21 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I genuinely can't think of many better ideas than that. And I don't say that too often about this Government.

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

I genuinely can't think of many better ideas than that. And I don't say that too often about this Government.

It also aswell as putting money in .... does a small part in removing the nervousness of people going to local high streets ...

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It was posted above mate. Although it's more a recommendation from the Resolution Foundation thinktank it seems. Seems like a very interesting idea though.

To be fair, reading that article, seems like a really good way of doing it! Cash would just get saved or spent on holidays or at big business, the likes of amazon so 500mfor each adult will be a great boost! 

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

@MrZigster I kind of agree with you on the camping thing, but just wonder where you usually camp?

I was kind of waiting for this.

When I get a ticket I usually try to aim for Gate B and then Row Mead, so definitely a bit biased.

I was going to concede the point that the far reaches are generally less packed, but is there still lots of space by the Friday night? I would argue that if you're solo, you would probably still have issues with coming back from a bimble and finding yourself inconvenienced in some way at some point (it's hard to create a camp perimeter with just one tent). Plus the post was getting too long.

You're spot on about the trade off/balance thing. Posted elsewhere how I would have probably struggled with it this year. I'm getting to old to be camped miles away from everything is a major consideration these days methinks.

Also, the amount of land given up for crew camping these days (bottom of Pennards being a prime example, but not just them, pretty much every crew encampment you can see from site). They never exactly look cramped together like everyone else do they? Even with massive tents and caravans. Acres of room. They still have bonfires.

Wish the same could be said for the camp when I volunteer, where we pretty much get told where to pitch by the camp stewards. Which is a horrible feeling at Glastonbury. They don't really have any choice though, as space is tight and there are probably more people to fit into said field year on year. Same point kind of applies there though. The head honchos get there early with their large encampment and do a land grab.

Sorry wittering on again.

2 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

To be fair, reading that article, seems like a really good way of doing it! Cash would just get saved or spent on holidays or at big business, the likes of amazon so 500mfor each adult will be a great boost! 

Yeah it would be a good way of doing it, on a card or through your phone. I wonder if it would have a date you'd have to spend it by as well. Leta not get too excite just yet, it's just an idea present to Sunak. Well have more of an idea on Wednesday what he plans to do.

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Probably need more mask wearing 

They just need to make them compulsory at this point. In Italy they are compulsory in public spaces and they only had 192 positives tests today. With italy having a similar population to the uk, it shows italy have made far more progress than we have during this time. Their social distance is only 1m, so the masks have clearly saved many lives and reduced the cases far quicker and lower than the uk have.

I reckon italy could almost eradicate the virus if everyone continues to wear masks over there. In the UK we could make far more progress if more people started wearing them, especially in indoor spaces is essential.