When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Yes, but that figure needs to therefore be multiplied by 14 as there are death figures released on every one of those 14 days, so you're looking at 140-210 every day, which is what is actually happening.

I don’t think we’re seeing anywhere near 140-210 actual deaths on any given day now, the case numbers haven’t been nearly high enough to support those sorts of numbers for a long while.

There were way less than that reported yesterday, let alone actually happened.

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Apparently pubs can open from 6am tomorrow to help punters act responsibly 🤤

But they’re not allowed to serve alcohol until 9/10am, is that right? If so, it’s going to be Pork scratchings and dry roasted nuts for breakfast for those arriving at 6am. Lovely stuff. 

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

I pray America isn't the first to find a vaccine as we all know trump will hog it and try to play power games/ensure a huge profit from it when it comes to other countries. 

I like that imperial plan on making it cheap/freely available for developing countries, thats how it should be.

I don't have a problem with whichever company finds a vaccine getting a finders fee but to keep the patent and try to make vast profits out of it is psychotic behaviour that can't be tolerated (but usual is in the world of big pharma) especially in this situation - it would lead to the deaths of millions of people. 

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

We really are a nation of animals 😂

Aren't we just!! As people have pointed out on twitter they can only open if their licensing allows so just something to get people talking about it... it's almost like they are distracting from something 🤔

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I pray America isn't the first to find a vaccine as we all know trump will hog it and try to play power games/ensure a huge profit from it when it comes to other countries. 

I like that imperial plan on making it cheap/freely available for developing countries, thats how it should be.

I don't have a problem with whichever company finds a vaccine getting a finders fee but to keep the patent and try to make vast profits out of it is psychotic behaviour that can't be tolerated (but usual is in the world of big pharma) especially in this situation - it would lead to the deaths of millions of people. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump has some intelligence people actively trying to steal or even sabotage other vaccines to make sure that's exactly what happens 

The latest regional R value and current growth rates are:

England: R = 0.8-0.9 Growth = -5% to -2%

East of England: R = 0.7-0.9 Growth = -5% to 0%

London: R = 0.8-1.1 Growth = -4% to +2%

Midlands: R = 0.8-1.0 Growth = -4% to 0%

North East and Yorkshire: R = 0.8-1.0 Growth = -5% to 0%

North West: R = 0.7-0.9 Growth = -4% to 0%

South East: R = 0.7-1.0 Growth = -5% to 0%

South West: R = 0.7-1.0 Growth = -7% to +2%

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Anybody know they rationale for Portugal to still need to quarantine? I thought they had really low case numbers and deaths compared to Spain? Or is that the rationale, they’ve just delayed their peak to now?

Wasn't there a surge in the Lisbon area a week or so ago?

Uk back over 100 deaths again today :(

544 new cases which is good as cases continue to decrease daily now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1279074484750876676/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1279074484750876676|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Flive%2Fworld-53273883

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Anybody know they rationale for Portugal to still need to quarantine? I thought they had really low case numbers and deaths compared to Spain? Or is that the rationale, they’ve just delayed their peak to now?

There’s been an outbreak in Lisbon, so they have higher cases per capita now than we do, the travel corridors are only with countries with lower rates than us.