When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes I 100% agree, it was just that my area was one of the places quoted by sky etc as close to local lockdown, but on the tweet I quoted earlier it had 0.7 cases per 100k last week, and 2 cases per 100k the week before.

So I’d imagine it was based on maybe having 1 case per 100k three weeks ago (or maybe even 0) increasing up to 2 for the week before last. A large percentage increase but not grounds for a local lockdown. 

Yeah, I don’t know the details, but what you have described doesn’t sound unduly troubling!

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Doubling every 7 days. 4th of July this weekend and Disney world opening the weekend after. 

I can’t see anything bad happening there. 

The one good thing they’ve done in Florida is shut the beaches this 4th July weekend. But yeah it’s a shit show over there. 

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The one good thing they’ve done in Florida is shut the beaches this 4th July weekend. But yeah it’s a shit show over there. 

Just seen a great analogy.

America is playing Russian Roulette with 6 bullets in the chamber. 

34 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Sorry to ask, as I find it hard to keep up, but does anyone know what the cases are from the last 24 hours?

IMG_20200702_215324.jpg

Taken off 30000 positive tests after reviewing historical and daily positive tests down to under 600, deaths are down too but still far too many in any circumstance 

Edited by Chapple12345

Just found out that one of my old favourite bars has gone out of business. It was a very small venue and would never have been able to reopen with social distancing guidelines. Sadly there are many similar small bars in Leeds that will struggle to have more than a few tables inside. 

This shit needs to end soon. 

I have to say I find wearing a mask difficult as I wear both glasses and a hearing aid so the bloody thing gets a bit tangled/uncomfortable. So I've opted for a anti-viral coated snod thingie which is miles better, I only go to the supermarket so wear it every time now as folk not caring about social distancing much these days :( 

Anyone on here work in an office, if so what sort of measures have they put in place and do you feel safe? My office opened last work at 50% capacity but that's still 400 people in a building all day, something I'm not comfortable with due to all the shared areas (toilets, canteen and kitchens) plus I'd struggle to wear a mask for 8hrs IMO

Daft thing is I can do my work from home but some of the management have old school ways that you have to be sat in your office to do your job!! I've been on furlough since 1st April and still not date of when I'm due back but my manager is going back into the office next week 3 days. Which is nuts as job can be done from home and she is supposed to be shielded (saying that she was one of those folks who didn't think the virus is that bad, not so sure now mind you)

I'm really nervous about it all :( 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just found out that one of my old favourite bars has gone out of business. It was a very small venue and would never have been able to reopen with social distancing guidelines. Sadly there are many similar small bars in Leeds that will struggle to have more than a few tables inside. 

This shit needs to end soon. 

I worry for a lot of my fav bars in Manchester NQ as most are tiny!

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

I worry for a lot of my fav bars in Manchester NQ as most are tiny!

It’s the cool independent bars that give cities their character. They’re the ones that will be suffering the most during this crisis. The large chains will take a hit to their profits but can afford to make their venues covid secure. We don’t want to drink in soulless corporate venues. 

13 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Reporting of deaths is way behind reporting of cases. Deaths feed into the stats from sometimes months ago. The actual number of people who died of Covid yesterday will be a lot lower than the number that was reported for yesterday.

Edit: This is when the deaths announced yesterday actually happened:

image.thumb.png.95c2c27ec38620acae0e911f9d13af43.png

So pretty much a day or few before...

Edited by Superscally

51 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

IMG_20200702_215324.jpg

Taken off 30000 positive tests after reviewing historical and daily positive tests down to under 600, deaths are down too but still far too many in any circumstance 

576! That’s good its finally starting to come down, hasn’t hit 1000 daily yet this week (so far).

Deaths are still way too high though, lets hope they keep falling.

Over the next 2 weeks Id like to be seeing max 300 new cases a day, and then we will be level with other european countries on level of virus circulating in the community. 

Edited by FestivalJamie

25 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Anyone on here work in an office, if so what sort of measures have they put in place and do you feel safe? My office opened last work at 50% capacity but that's still 400 people in a building all day, something I'm not comfortable with due to all the shared areas (toilets, canteen and kitchens) plus I'd struggle to wear a mask for 8hrs IMO

I had to work in our office for a few days last week because I had no broadband at home. We're only allowed in if we can't work from home & the boss has to agree and book you in for the day. Our department of 100-150 people is allowing a maximum of 20 people in the office, and you can't sit next to or opposite someone. One person at a time in the lifts, kitchen and toilets (they've put locks on the outer door to the loos, so you can lock everyone else out). They've also put in a one way system so you go in/up one side of the building, down/out the other. They're not asking people to wear masks.

It's good that we've got these measures in place, but ultimately it's only for people who can't work at home. If you can do your work from home it seems ridiculous that you'd have to go in just cos the boss doesn't trust people to do their job.

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I had to work in our office for a few days last week because I had no broadband at home. We're only allowed in if we can't work from home & the boss has to agree and book you in for the day. Our department of 100-150 people is allowing a maximum of 20 people in the office, and you can't sit next to or opposite someone. One person at a time in the lifts, kitchen and toilets (they've put locks on the outer door to the loos, so you can lock everyone else out). They've also put in a one way system so you go in/up one side of the building, down/out the other. They're not asking people to wear masks.

It's good that we've got these measures in place, but ultimately it's only for people who can't work at home. If you can do your work from home it seems ridiculous that you'd have to go in just cos the boss doesn't trust people to do their job.

Bit in bold is the problem with some of the management as yeah I'd be going in there to review/reply to electronic documents :( its nuts

However the company itself as put all sort of measures in place which is is reassuring but ultimately to WFH is the decision of your line manager