When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 hours ago, onthebeach said:

We have kept to all the rules as I like to think we have a social conscience so I wouldn’t want to change that now.

That's very much where we are.  Yes we could probably do / get away with more than we do, but the more things relax and the more people start to move I think it gets more important for those who can feasibly stay locked down to do so, and reduce those transmission vectors. We're pretty comfortable here, work from home and all that, so I don't NEED to be out and about yet.

Ultimately I want to be able to look myself in the mirror at the end of this and know I did as close to the right thing as possible, regardless of what everyone else has been doing.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

But if they're not enforcing it, how are they going to know if people have gone to Nottingham?

I know they've said for a while they'd do local lockdowns but I'm surprised they actually are. The timing is awful for the government ahead of July 4 so I'm guessing they must be pretty concerned about it.

More clarification on the kids part - they were saying large numbers of children have it, I think maybe asymptomatically, not just that they are impacted by shut schools etc:

The health secretary told BBC Breakfast there had been "an unusually high incidence" of coronavirus among children in Leicester since increased testing began in the city 10 days ago

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Have they said yet if there will be proper financial support for local lockdowns?

That’s going to start becoming a real headache, business in Leicester gets furlough pay, but if you live in Leicester and work in say Coventry you’d still have to go to work? 

Just now, Old_Johno said:

That’s going to start becoming a real headache, business in Leicester gets furlough pay, but if you live in Leicester and work in say Coventry you’d still have to go to work? 

Yeah, I don't understand why they aren't being grilled on this- these are basic, vital questions

2 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Who knows - the map hasn’t even been issued yet as to what areas of Leicestershire are included along with a definitive list of what the list of restrictions are. Don’t know whether we are back to March 23rd rules or the slightly relaxed ones involving more exercise including being able to sit down on a park bench etc etc

We will carry on as we are (same as Quark) above but lots won’t without crystal clear clarity 

20 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Who knows - the map hasn’t even been issued yet as to what areas of Leicestershire are included along with a definitive list of what the list of restrictions are. Don’t know whether we are back to March 23rd rules or the slightly relaxed ones involving more exercise including being able to sit down on a park bench etc etc

We will carry on as we are (same as Quark) above but lots won’t without crystal clear clarity 

Does this help? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53228067

I think all other measures are the same just stay at home as much as you can. 

Edited by Ozanne

Those businesses that haven't had any income for months, and have probably investing in making their workplace as safe as possible for opening this weekend only to have it taken back from them. I completely agree that (well organised) local lock downs could be effected but I do feel for the business owners too.

That said, if the R is fluttering the wrong side of 1, might shops/schools/workplaces closing be enough to duck back on the low side?

30 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, I don't understand why they aren't being grilled on this- these are basic, vital questions

Probably why they stopped the daily briefings.

Too difficult.

You'll all be relieved to hear the Leicester horse racing will go ahead though:

Leicester races set to go ahead

25bc1a85-7270-4df6-b685-adbe37ff851b.jpg

Frank Keogh

BBC Sport

Racing at Leicester is planned to go ahead on Tuesday despite stricter lockdown measures in the city.

An evening meeting with nine races is scheduled to take place behind closed doors from 16:40.

Horse racing in Great Britain resumed on 1 June with safety and social distancing protocols and no spectators.

image.gif.7a67d9218d2ef3298eaf1ba9cae30401.gif
PA MediaCopyright: PA Media

It is understood the British Horseracing Authority has not received any specific new government advice and it already advises participants to go straight to and from a racecourse and not mingle with the local community.

51 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

But if they're not enforcing it, how are they going to know if people have gone to Nottingham?

I know they've said for a while they'd do local lockdowns but I'm surprised they actually are. The timing is awful for the government ahead of July 4 so I'm guessing they must be pretty concerned about it.

More clarification on the kids part - they were saying large numbers of children have it, I think maybe asymptomatically, not just that they are impacted by shut schools etc:

The health secretary told BBC Breakfast there had been "an unusually high incidence" of coronavirus among children in Leicester since increased testing began in the city 10 days ago

It would be odd if the children were the cause of the spike but then if they're all asymptomatic but they're passing it on then its very odd that its not happening elsewhere given schools in part have been back for 4 weeks now.   There has been little evidence of schools being an issue elsewhere in Europe.  

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You'll all be relieved to hear the Leicester horse racing will go ahead though:

Leicester races set to go ahead

25bc1a85-7270-4df6-b685-adbe37ff851b.jpg

Frank Keogh

BBC Sport

Racing at Leicester is planned to go ahead on Tuesday despite stricter lockdown measures in the city.

An evening meeting with nine races is scheduled to take place behind closed doors from 16:40.

Horse racing in Great Britain resumed on 1 June with safety and social distancing protocols and no spectators.

image.gif.7a67d9218d2ef3298eaf1ba9cae30401.gif
PA MediaCopyright: PA Media

It is understood the British Horseracing Authority has not received any specific new government advice and it already advises participants to go straight to and from a racecourse and not mingle with the local community.

No surprise there - look who is a board member of the Jockey Club

Diana Mary 'Dido' Harding, Baroness Harding of Winscombe is an English businesswoman. She is chairwoman of NHS Improvement and former chief executive of the TalkTalk Group. She holds a board position at the Jockey Club, and from May 2020 is in charge of the UK's Test and Trace programme

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

They better stay away from Nottingham! I've been waiting to move house for almost 4 months and we're now just a couple weeks away - if we get a local lockdown here as well I'll cry 😂

Thank you - have just seen it. We are within the red line 😔 

Strange that it doesn’t include all of Evington which has been noted as a ‘hotspot’. I could also walk to a pub on Saturday that is beyond the red line - not going to though - I suppose the border has to be placed somewhere and not everyone is going to be happy 

Kerplunk of this parish is in Leicester Forest East - but the happy-side of the M1. 

I've told him to reserve his barstool else outsiders will have it. :P