When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, they are worried about imported cases alright. A good chunk of the cases in the last couple of weeks have been from travel, they really want us to cancel our holidays and stay at home this summer (we already did). The other big worry they have is the uptick in cases under 30 and the number of contacts they are having to trace and test for these. They managed 100% of contacts for the outbreaks in meat processing plants, but are only hitting about 70% of these new ones. It was all but gone from the community, but they are picking up the odd cluster now. There’s 22 people still in hospital and 13 in ICU...no hospital admissions for the last few days though (probably because most cases are young). Cases go from single digits most days to 20 odd a couple of times a week...just very hard to extinguish entirely! Need to keep a lid on these clusters as things open up...pubs and hairdressers opened today...

edit: apologies, 1 admission to hospital in the last 24 hours and 12 people still in ICU.

Edited by Toilet Duck

4 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Well ..... some 3-4 weeks since the reported cases were rising we are now in the original lockdown which includes closing non essential shops, non essential travel from tomorrow with the closing of schools on Thursday. No pubs/restaurants/hairdressers opening on Saturday. All until further notice. Why the hell they couldn’t have done something earlier when it was first known and it could have been more targeted to individual work areas/shops/factories streets etc and not a blanket restriction on the whole city/county.

What’s the point of this ‘brilliant’ track and trace system if it just collates figures but doesn’t use the data immediately to stamp out/dampen down the infection. No - just let it spread further.

I don’t know whether it’s sheer incompetence or part of some herd immunity (Cummings) plan? Which one is worst though?

We don’t know if we are back to one exercise a day/can we still visit relatives in gardens if socially distant etc etc - no clarity as usual. We had camping booked for next week - presume this is off - or is it just guidelines. Can we cross county lines for a drink? Will we get fined - who will police this? Who knows? So many questions!

Sorry to rant - just pi**ed off at the moment as we have been sticking to all the rules and now back to square one with no clarity/info when all this could have been handled so much better weeks ago. 

I still despair....

You have my sympathy. This is really shit and badly thought out as ever.

34 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's what I was thinking. How are they going to contain it really?

I mean maybe I'm underestimating people but would you drive an hour to a pub you'd then have to drive back from technically?

I live right on the border of England and Wales and while we're still in lockdown in Wales I've not been particularly desperate to cross the border.

Edited by Mouseboy11

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I mean maybe I'm underestimating people but would you drive an hour to a pub you'd then have to drive back from technically?

I live right on the border of England and Wales and while we're still in lockdown in Wales I've not been particularly desperate to cross the border.

I wouldn't, no. I don't drive for one thing. People have been driving hours to the beach though so who knows. I personally wouldn't be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I hope so! Did you have tickets for the tour, now rescheduled to April? Watching the Glastonbury footage made me remember what we've been missing :(

No - for once I didn’t as back in early January I was tempted to tie in a European city trip with the tour - but was closely watching what was going on in China and had a horrible premonition that this could become global when the general consensus was it wouldn’t spread over here. Hate that I was right. 

Watching the footage made me so sad .... 

I’m holding back on booking anything at the moment (apart from my camping trip next week and hairdressers which looks though they are now cancelled)

2 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

No - for once I didn’t as back in early January I was tempted to tie in a European city trip with the tour - but was closely watching what was going on in China and had a horrible premonition that this could become global when the general consensus was it wouldn’t spread over here. Hate that I was right. 

Watching the footage made me so sad .... 

I’m holding back on booking anything at the moment (apart from my camping trip next week and hairdressers which looks though they are now cancelled)

Was the camping within Leicester? If outside it I would guess not allowed, but otherwise it's not clear.

11 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

No - it was Norfolk - but could go in Leicestershire - but is this still non essential travel? Who knows. I would think everywhere is all booked up now 

Yeah I'm afraid I think that probably is non-essential travel :( I think as with most aspects of this lockdown you could probably get away with it though as impossible to enforce, but obviously not very ethical to do so.

We have kept to all the rules as I like to think we have a social conscience so I wouldn’t want to change that now. Hopefully, there will be some clearer guidance tomorrow. We are lucky though - we’ve got a garden so we can hunker down for a bit longer if need be. I am getting a little worried that something quite nasty could start happening in Leicester - we are a multi cultural city and fingers are pointing and the blame game is starting - I’m praying racism doesn’t rear its obnoxious head

7 hours ago, onthebeach said:

No - it was Norfolk - but could go in Leicestershire - but is this still non essential travel? Who knows. I would think everywhere is all booked up now anyway

Of course going camping is not essential travel 😂 even so this all recommendations anyway, so in theory you could travel outside of the city it’s just not ethically right to do so. 

6 hours ago, onthebeach said:

We have kept to all the rules as I like to think we have a social conscience so I wouldn’t want to change that now. Hopefully, there will be some clearer guidance tomorrow. We are lucky though - we’ve got a garden so we can hunker down for a bit longer if need be. I am getting a little worried that something quite nasty could start happening in Leicester - we are a multi cultural city and fingers are pointing and the blame game is starting - I’m praying racism doesn’t rear its obnoxious head

Best thing might be to just stick with the plan, hunker down and ride it out in the safety of your own home.  We've done 3 months of this, you can do a little more to be safe.  You've got this.

Hope you're doing ok.

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Of course going camping is not essential travel 😂 even so this all recommendations anyway, so in theory you could travel outside of the city it’s just not ethically right to do so. 

Sorry, my sarcasm wasn’t well explained last night - I was referring to non essential travel by certain parties earlier this year. I’ve been a stickler for the rules so far - it’s just frustrating not knowing the full details at the moment when  the problem has been know for 2-3 weeks and could have been planned so much better 

12 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hope you're doing ok.

We personally are fine - thank you. We’ll get through this - no big deal for us looking at the bigger picture. Our inconveniences pale into insignificance. What I am so annoyed about is the usual sh*tshow in handling this. The increase in infections had been picked up since early June - so spreading exponentially . If acted on earlier there would have been less impact on people’s health/businesses/lives as more targeted action could have been taken.

Incompetence or part of a bigger plan?

26 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

We personally are fine - thank you. We’ll get through this - no big deal for us looking at the bigger picture. Our inconveniences pale into insignificance. What I am so annoyed about is the usual sh*tshow in handling this. The increase in infections had been picked up since early June - so spreading exponentially . If acted on earlier there would have been less impact on people’s health/businesses/lives as more targeted action could have been taken.

Incompetence or part of a bigger plan?

Yeah I totally get your frustration. Like everything else since the start of this it's been ballsed up.

1 hour ago, onthebeach said:

Sorry, my sarcasm wasn’t well explained last night - I was referring to non essential travel by certain parties earlier this year. I’ve been a stickler for the rules so far - it’s just frustrating not knowing the full details at the moment when  the problem has been know for 2-3 weeks and could have been planned so much better 

That’s alright I was joking around anyway. I fully understand how frustrating it must be. I’ve been trying to find out information and the restrictions only seem to apply for business - non essential retail and pubs. It’s just recommendations for the public to stay at home. As others have said I’d keep doing what you are doing and try to ride it out. 

To add to the confusion we are still waiting for the map to see what part of Leicestershire is part of the lockdown - it appears that it is not all Leicestershire. We live in the county (not far from the border) and some suburbs as far as I can make out are not included. The outbreak is in North East Leicester and we are South Leicestershire. Not for us so much but it must be a nightmare for those who have travel to work/or not this morning or open/close their non essential shops