When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

What the minority hard left need to realise is that Starmer's strong leadership here is what the majority of current and potential Labour voters will be impressed with. He's trying to get the party back in power and get the Tories out. Good on him for the strong and decisive move.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Loooolllll

Talk about not having your finger on the pulse. Agree with many of their politics but not their approach. If they control the party we'll have the Tories forever. It's incredibly low IQ.

Edit: quick glance through the replies and seems like that's the consensus as well. 

Edited by jparx

Labour are on such thin ice with the anti-semitism stuff as it is. RLB is fucking stupid for doing that and should know better. Momentum want to protect her because she is a last gasp of Corbynism, don’t be fooled that it’s for ANY other reason.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Labour are on such thin ice with the anti-semitism stuff as it is. RLB is fucking stupid for doing that and should know better. Momentum want to protect her because she is a last gasp of Corbynism, don’t be fooled that it’s for ANY other reason.

Absolutely agree, she is just foolish to retweet that given the constant furore over anti-Semitism sure JC's rein. Hope was to move on and become a much more considerate party in that regard, and now she's screwed that up she had to go

5 hours ago, sedra said:

As someone who can walk to Bournemouth beach from my house I am staying in my garden! Yesterday people were parking all over the shop - blocking driveways, parking on pavements, blocking the cars from getting off the sandbanks ferry , jumping off the pier into the sea ( people have been injured doing this before) , not social distancing, camping overnight on the beach, gathering in groups up to 50 people, leaving broken glass and hot bbq’s on the sand and the council had to clear 33tons of rubbish. The the whole area was gridlocked, 11 mile queues and 100’s on the trains. So more than a bit of litter! 

Brighton calling, and yes, totally yes, and loose dogs, do you have the loose dogs fashion over there in Poshbeach - sorry, I mean Bournemouth?

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get all the hand wringing this time.  The press conferences are over, we're going to be allowed to the pub next weekend.  Sure, the crowds aren't ideal, but each individual has gone on their own.  

I was considering going to the beach this week (admittedly a much bigger, less popular) one. Has anyone actually broken a rule, other than littering?

I don't even know if they have broken any law. I think it's a disjointed response in the area to deal with the crowds - disjointed at a national level on opening up again. I'm biased because I'm isolating still, but I'm thinking it's a load of frustrated people who want to get outside again (don't blame them, but how to be safe?), versus businesses who are wondering how they're going to take customers in safely, and carry on trading. The breweries and pubs I follow in Leeds aren't opening on July 4th.

Don’t want to sound selfish or anything but those people packing Bournemouth Beach might be doing us a favour. A few Mass Outdoors Gatherings with no spike in Covid cases following and we’ll be sitting pretty for next year....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Don’t want to sound selfish or anything but those people packing Bournemouth Beach might be doing us a favour. A few Mass Outdoors Gatherings with no spike in Covid cases following and we’ll be sitting pretty for next year....

I wouldn't get too carried away. Florida thought they had got away with it and now it's majorly biting them in the arse.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I wouldn't get too carried away. Florida thought they had got away with it and now it's majorly biting them in the arse.

Sorry to be blunt in asking this but is Florida a crazy state or a more sensible one? If they're more radical and unlocked early is it more likely they'll have a quick rise? 

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Sorry to be blunt in asking this but is Florida a crazy state or a more sensible one? If they're more radical and unlocked early is it more likely they'll have a quick rise? 

They unlocked early to get the economy going again, beaches packed etc. 

14 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Florida has the reputation of being one of the craziest states in America due to the amount of stories coming from there. The number of media reports are actually down to the freedom of information laws they have in that state. 

25 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It's all about what happens indoors. These past few weeks have been all outside. The big test is what happens when pubs open, then the winter months

That said another big spike doesnt mean no festivals next year....it is likely what we need to accept to make it happen 

Was Bournmouth beach packed, when you see pics from above looks like groups of people on beach keeping distance from other groups...when pic os taken from side it looks a lot worse.
If virus is still around in any numbers next summer then Glastonbury and the other festivals could be in trouble...but hopefully we will have enough weapons to fight the disease by then, might even be a vaccine available.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Was Bournmouth beach packed, when you see pics from above looks like groups of people on beach keeping distance from other groups...when pic os taken from side it looks a lot worse.
If virus is still around in any numbers next summer then Glastonbury and the other festivals could be in trouble...but hopefully we will have enough weapons to fight the disease by then, might even be a vaccine available.

I think festivals would go ahead, we'll have another year with the virus in the country by that stage and as you say we'll surely have some more measures to help us fight it. Plus it's outside which is being proven to be a lesser risk. 

I was thinking I would probably self isolate for 2 weeks before the festival then self isolate for 2 weeks when I got back as well. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think festivals would go ahead, we'll have another year with the virus in the country by that stage and as you say we'll surely have some more measures to help us fight it. Plus it's outside which is being proven to be a lesser risk. 

I was thinking I would probably self isolate for 2 weeks before the festival then self isolate for 2 weeks when I got back as well. 

"Hello, work. For some reason I'm just not feeling all that great after Glastonbury, so looks like I'm gonna have to self isolate for two weeks! Awh shucks!"

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jparx said:

There’s a lot more going on in Florida than Outdoor gatherings though. They’re taking the approach that you can’t have a second wave if you prolong the first.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

"Hello, work. For some reason I'm just not feeling all that great after Glastonbury, so looks like I'm gonna have to self isolate for two weeks! Awh shucks!"

I can work from home 😝

Hancock is saying he could close beaches.

Edited by Ozanne

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's all about what happens indoors. These past few weeks have been all outside. The big test is what happens when pubs open, then the winter months

That said another big spike doesnt mean no festivals next year....it is likely what we need to accept to make it happen 

I agree with all of that. I’m just hopeful for outdoor events next year. And as we’ve seen with Schools you can have all the modelling and analysis you want, there’s nothing like Case Studies.