When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

51 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I'm pretty sure the Apple Tree Inn, on the West Pennard side of the site, had closed before the lockdown. 

Next along, The Red Lion (in West Pennard itself) is on the market:  https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-71080566.html

Is that how much pubs cost?!? 

I know it's leasehold, no idea how long the lease is but that seems cheap... Villager Glasto tickets for life! 

I just need to learn how to run a pub 

51 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They’ll just go locally if at all, the chances of another nationwide lock down are very slim in my view. They’ll ramp up the Nightingales but that’s about it. 

Oh yeah, I don't think we'll need it. But if we do need it, it will happen. Local lockdowns will be an option if the NHS is just at capacity in certain areas too. But if it does rip back through in flu season and those numbers get dangerously high again, it'll happen. They have to be led by numbers and reality on it.

Basically it's not going to be a political decision. If we hit the trigger numbers nationwide it'll happen and if we don't, we won't.

7 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I know it's leasehold, no idea how long the lease is but that seems cheap... Villager Glasto tickets for life! 

Sadly West Pennard would be outside the free ticket area.  I think that the free ticket thing is greatly restricted to what it once was.

Nice pub though, will be a shame but I guess they've had enough (the current people).

1 minute ago, Zuzana said:

Hello FESTIVAL ENTHUSIASTS,

I am working on paper, which could change it for YOU! It's regarding your rights to getting your MONEY BACK for purchased tickets.

I am seeking people who have a ticket in advance for any kind of festival/concert/event for this year 2020 which was influenced by coronavirus (cancelled/postponed) to fill up a 5 minute survey: https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/buyer-brand-loyalty

AND for those who didn't buy one yet, but would buy if there was no coronavirus this year:https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/brand-loyalty

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK!

But what's you view on reducing the 2m rule to 1m on 7 July?

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Oh yeah, I don't think we'll need it. But if we do need it, it will happen. Local lockdowns will be an option if the NHS is just at capacity in certain areas too. But if it does rip back through in flu season and those numbers get dangerously high again, it'll happen. They have to be led by numbers and reality on it.

Basically it's not going to be a political decision. If we hit the trigger numbers nationwide it'll happen and if we don't, we won't.

Agree to disagree then mate 😂

In summary: when he denied a load of figures, Starmer pulled out the govt graphs
Starmer pointed out that he lied last week
Got stuck in on track n trace, app and child poverty
Worst of all, last three questions were all about the above, three times Johnson reverted to his irrelevant attack line that Starmer had u-turned on schools (?!)

1 hour ago, gmb1992 said:

I’m no expert, but I believe that’s just the fee you pay to run it for a period of time. £30k certainly doesn’t ‘buy’ you a pub, just the option to run it for something like 5 years, with all the associated costs of beer, staff and often rent as well. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

34 minutes ago, Homer said:

In summary: when he denied a load of figures, Starmer pulled out the govt graphs
Starmer pointed out that he lied last week
Got stuck in on track n trace, app and child poverty
Worst of all, last three questions were all about the above, three times Johnson reverted to his irrelevant attack line that Starmer had u-turned on schools (?!)

He’s still banging on about that?!

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

He’s still banging on about that?!

Yep, three times in a row and they weren't even discussing schools.

''What's going on with the app?'

'That's not, important, getting kids back to school is. Why have you done a u-turn?'

'You gave ,misleading figures about child poverty...'

'The most important to combat this is getting kids back to school. Why have you done a u-turn?

Etc

Embarrassing.

Oh, and he said no country has a working app.

Starmer: 'Germany does with 12m downloads.'

Edited by Homer

@Homer that shtick was old last week. Can’t believe he’s still harping on. Cummings must really think that’s the ace in the hole, but surely most people will see it’s a pathetic response to genuine concerns bring raised?

17 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yep, three times in a row and they weren't even discussing schools.

''What's going on with the app?'

'That's not, important, getting kids back to school is. Why have you done a u-turn?'

'You gave ,misleading figures about child poverty...'

'The most important to combat this is getting kids back to school. Why have you done a u-turn?

Etc

Embarrassing.

Oh, and he said no country has a working app.

Starmer: 'Germany does with 12m downloads.'

That doesn't mean it 'works' though.

In France, 2 million people downloaded their app but only 68 have used it to say they have symptoms and only 14 people have been traced.

We don't have those figures for Germany yet so we have no idea if it is 'working'.

2 minutes ago, northernringo said:

That doesn't mean it 'works' though.

In France, 2 million people downloaded their app but only 68 have used it to say they have symptoms and only 14 people have been traced.

We don't have those figures for Germany yet so we have no idea if it is 'working'.

Surely we could just ask some of the 12m that have downloaded it?

Boris once again resorted to simply lying in response to Starmer. Absolute joke. 

Some slightly more positive news... 232,086 tests done and 653 new cases so cases are at their lowest since before lockdown 

Sadly, there have been another 154 deaths, certainly going in the right direction but still a tragic loss for everyone who has lost someone 

Edited by Chapple12345