When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thanks, I'll check out MSE :)

Just the other day he was telling me that he's no longer interested in relationships with women because he "likes their bodies, but doesn't like talking to them because all they ever do is complain and whine about feminism and equality".

Like why did he tell me that? Did he think we'd be kindred spirits? Took one look at me and thought "Oh this guy must be a creepy incel like me, we can be best friends and and complain that there isn't an international men's day together!". 😬

So sorry you have to live with someone like that. Wishing you all the best with sorting this horrible situation. 
Charm x

The replies to this are actually terrifying. How much of America either believes the virus is a hoax and/or genuinely believes that masks are a way to subjugate the american people and take away their rights? Alongside others thinking it's a worldwide conspiracy against Trump. They're just nuts

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nothing really, although he might try to sue you for the remainder of the deposit and the rent you owe (if it's two months notice he might want that other month)? Would really recommend Money Saving Expert property forum for this kind of issue, there are a lot of people on there who know a lot about rental contracts. It will depend a lot what you have signed I should think.

Sounds grim though - hope you manage to sort it. 

He’s not gonna sue you for a month’s rent, the cost of doing that would be far greater than the actual rent. I’d get the hell out of there as soon as you can. He’d keep the deposit though but it’s only £25... document it in some way, even send an email to yourself, so you have something in writing.  Then get out pronto! 

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

or genuinely believes that masks are a way to subjugate the american people and take away their rights?

If it’s not written down in that hallowed 250 year old document then it’s against their rights as Americans. The founding founders should have predicted the pandemics and written into the constitution that all Americans have the right to wear masks. 

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

The replies to this are actually terrifying. How much of America either believes the virus is a hoax and/or genuinely believes that masks are a way to subjugate the american people and take away their rights? Alongside others thinking it's a worldwide conspiracy against Trump. They're just nuts

Trump is holding an indoor rally today in Oklahoma, which is seeing large cases rises on a daily basis. Staggering levels of irresponsibility.  

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Trump is holding an indoor rally today in Oklahoma, which is seeing large cases rises on a daily basis. Staggering levels of irresponsibility.  

He's potentially killing and putting his own base in hospital. Packed indoors events where people are encouraged to shout and cheer. It's really hard to believe, he's such a psychopath.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's potentially killing and putting his own base in hospital. Packed indoors events where people are encouraged to shout and cheer. It's really hard to believe, he's such a psychopath.

I don’t see how something like that isn’t criminal, especially as it’s indoors. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t see how something like that isn’t criminal, especially as it’s indoors. 

It’s more Darwinian than criminal. Leave the stupid in the hands of evolution. 

Trump is never going to stand outside in the Oklahoma summer heat. He would literally melt. 

I’m far from defending the government opening up right now as I still have my reservations but it really puts it into perspective we’re getting around 1000-1500 a day currently But some places in America are getting around 15 times that a day and Brazil 35 times more. 
Also the Trump rally is pure self indulgent and reckless idiocy 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

I’m far from defending the government opening up right now as I still have my reservations but it really puts it into perspective we’re getting around 1000-1500 a day currently But some places in America are getting around 15 times that a day and Brazil 35 times more. 
Also the Trump rally is pure self indulgent and reckless idiocy 

Using the U.S. as a comparison is rather like saying that you treat Jews much better than Adolph did!

Just now, tarw said:

Using the U.S. as a comparison is rather like saying that you treat Jews much better than Adolph did!

Very true! Another way of looking at it is like this - the death rate is estimated to be around 1%. We're now seeing as many cases per day as we were seeing deaths at the peak. The fall may have been slower than the rise, but we've clearly come a long, long way down.

If things continue to decline, even considering it's likely to be at an even slower rate, I might even send my daughter back to school in September.