When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Cream Soda said:

Does anyone have any idea why it doesn't seem to be as rampant in most of Africa?  Is it just that we're not hearing about it?  

Could also be some natural factors: young populations, different seasons, mostly agricultural/fairly sparsely populated.

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Could also be some natural factors: young populations, different seasons, mostly agricultural/fairly sparsely populated.

Yes I did think this, but there's also some highly densely populated areas with poor sanitation where it could end up being rife.  Maybe the virus just hasn't made it there yet, lets hope it stays that way.  Maybe less movement between countries is a factor too.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

2014?  When Kasabian headlined the bloody thing?  Dark days indeed.

EDIT: Hang on, wasn't 2014 the second year of the K, and the subbing was in 2007?  

2007 had all the K's! 😂

Screenshot_20200618-101233.png

From memory 2014 had:

• Kaiser Chiefs opening Other and headlining JPT
  • The Kooks doing a secret set
  • Kasabian headlining
  • Kodaline stinking up Other while everyone waiting for the Gogglebox theme *
  • Kelis bucking the K trend and being magnificent on the Pyramid.*

Not as bad as 2007, I grant you, but still quite a showing from the landfill "K" gang.

* The last two weren't from memory.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Interesting (North American) take on when things will get back to normal. Seems like they agree that sporting events/plays/gigs are likely to be the last.

COVID19 When Will Life Return To Normal According to Experts

Link to source HERE in case the image doesn't come out great

Very American - a lot more think gigs and sport will take a lot longer than church services to come back, despite them being pretty much the same from a gathering point of view...

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yes... now this is stretching memory, as it was never confirmed (being a secret slot at the time), so I think it might have been...Lorde?  Maybe.  I bet @Neil will remember, I think he was the source for the info at the time anyway.

I was thinking that this was unlikely, being that she would have been 17 years old, but looking at her career it could have happened.

56 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

2007 had all the K's! 😂

Screenshot_20200618-101233.png

Just when you think we're living through the strangest time of a generation you are reminded The Fratellis played 3rd down Pyramid. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

So Dominic Raab thinks that taking the knee is from Game of Thrones 🤦

It's amazing how much money was spent educating the cabinet via private schools, yet they all ended up as a total band of utter f***wits. Johnson, Raab, Gove, Patel, Hancock Shapps- It's like some sort of horrific joke, can you imagine what the cabinet discussions are like?! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I knew their app would be binned. They are so useless. Can we just have Tim Cook telling them what to do now please. 

The shit show continues! Two u-turns in 2 days. Someone needs to overdub the lorry reversing beeps over Boris entering the Commons. 

Good news though. Feel more confident in this than the shit show app we were faced with!

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I knew their app would be binned. They are so useless. Can we just have Tim Cook telling them what to do now please. 

World beating. World-beating utter shitness. Again.

Will Cummings' mate from Vote Leave be handing back the money he got from the govt on false pretences? Cos he must have said he could do as fit-for-purpose app to get the contract.