When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

If you don't shop online you might well have bought nothing the past 2 months except essentials. I can certainly imagine people might want to actually get out and treat themselves to something.

As big as online shopping is, huge portions of the populace still don't really do it.

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

If you don't shop online you might well have bought nothing the past 2 months except essentials. I can certainly imagine people might want to actually get out and treat themselves to something.

Yep, It's not something I will be rushing out to do but I totally get why some people are.  I'm not a shopping fan but as soon as restaurants open I'll be out at the earliest opportunity.  

A lot of people are bored senseless.

What I would love to do is go and work in a cafe. Heck even a Starbucks or a costa coffee.

If we are suddenly allowed to do that I will probably flock to one. People want a change of scenery.

Ive been working pretty hard during this lockdown. I work from home but my job does take up a lot of time and I struggle to spend time away from my desk on a working day. I don’t want lockdown to lift but I want a change of scenery. I imagine many people are the same.

We shouldn’t judge people for wanting a change of scenery or to fucking do something different.

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I just don't get running out immediately to the shops. Is it that satisfying? Are people that bored?

That's not really packed for Manchester, it's actually quite quiet tbh... I'm an ecom shopper so I won't be out at the shops, but I guess people are desperate to do something normalish after 3 months in lockdown.

End of the day they are helping the economy and keeping people in jobs so crack on I suppose

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 7:57 AM, Ozanne said:

Your poor Mum, where is she based? I hope she’s ok.  

Thanks for asking. Shes in Essex, and literally does not know the neighbours, and no family nearby. My brother lives in Bali and I am here,  I speak to her every evening on WhatsApp without fail, I prop her up in the kitchen while I'm cooking dinner, just so she gets some human contact. I really do worry for anyone isolating, that is still isolating. She has asthma but itsn;t on the vulnerable list but is now too scared to go out (I think) , she doesn't see the point. She can get home delivery shopping and doesn't want to put herself at risk. Her sister (My aunt) passed away from covid 2 weeks ago and the first time I think she will go out is for her funeral in 2 weeks time

As soon as boats are running I'll be driving over, collecting her and bringing her back here for a month or so - and at least then I can start to get her out again where she feels safer.

It must be heartwrenching when the government announced bubbles can be formed but you've got no one nearby to form a bubble with :-(

41 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

That's not really packed for Manchester, it's actually quite quiet tbh... I'm an ecom shopper so I won't be out at the shops, but I guess people are desperate to do something normalish after 3 months in lockdown.

End of the day they are helping the economy and keeping people in jobs so crack on I suppose

Shows how long since I've been to Manchester - didn't realise they had a Uniqlo now, looks big. What did that shop used to be- was it TK Maxx?

And fair enough - I forget people get bored at home, I work at home in a small town as of the past 2 years anyway and I think I'm just at the point of acceptance, which is probably not a good thing long term! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

I had my trip to the docs today for bloods and was told by my sister last week that they were antibody testing in her surgery when people had bloods done ( she was doing them ) .... unfortunately not something my surgery is offering at the moment ... so the wait goes on .... walked back through the town centre and it was definitely busier than a normal monday .... massive q for sports direct ... one for tk maxx and the one for primark had gone .... its a bit misleading because in normal times  people would be in the shops so its difficult to tell how busy it actually is ....

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had my trip to the docs today for bloods and was told by my sister last week that they were antibody testing in her surgery when people had bloods done ( she was doing them ) .... unfortunately not something my surgery is offering at the moment ... so the wait goes on .... walked back through the town centre and it was definitely busier than a normal monday .... massive q for sports direct ... one for tk maxx and the one for primark had gone .... its a bit misleading because in normal times  people would be in the shops so its difficult to tell how busy it actually is ....

spot on, the high street looks busy, but the actual shops are empty, so its really misleading

I've become like a prisoner who becomes institutionalised in this lockdown- I've no desire to go to the shops, I feel safe in my lodgings! Potter about in the nearby countryside and go to the supermarket once a week. Content skyping, phoning and zooming people

Thoroughly enjoyed the lockdown (I've always struggled with social anxiety so bizarrely its been liberating), I've started telling my friends that the only form they can hope to see me in in the near future is via Skype on an ipad on a Stick attached to a segway. 😂

Might be tempted by greggs doughnuts when they open though... 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I've become like a prisoner who becomes institutionalised in this lockdown- I've no desire to go to the shops, I feel safe in my lodgings! Potter about in the nearby countryside and go to the supermarket once a week. Content skyping, phoning and zooming people

Thoroughly enjoyed the lockdown (I've always struggled with social anxiety so bizarrely its been liberating), I've started telling my friends that the only form they can hope to see me in in the near future is via Skype on an ipad on a Stick attached to a segway. 😂

I'll go see friends or to leisiure/entertainment, but im not going out for clothes!

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Another zero deaths day in Scotland

NHS england has 28 deaths in England. Low, even for a Sunday

Great news it’s seemingly going down ... that will lower the average ... wonder who’s going to give us the happy dance on the podium today ? 

38 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Zero deaths in Northern Ireland as well (for the second day in a row).

'Only' 5 people in ICU and 38 in hospital in NI too which is encouraging.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

That is good news. Has anyone got the latest data/ graph of where we are with daily infections, I have not seen one for a while, is it still dropping? 

EDIT: I mean for the official numbers the government release daily from tests. I did see the ONS predicted numbers came down on Friday. 

Edited by Chef

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I kind of know what you mean. My mate messaged me saying that a pub near us is now open (people drinking out the front) yesterday. We were quite excited... then after realising we would be paying £5 a pint to stand in the street drinking out of plastic, we just went to the park instead. It's going to take a long time for some things to pick back up (if at all).