When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Maybe! Guess that would be nice, would likely be a key thing in getting back to normal if it's shown that it doesn't really affect things...

47 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The outdoors does appear to be significantly safer than indoors.  We'll see how this new relaxation goes. I won't be going to any large shopping centres for a while.

I think most of the protestors have been wearing masks, couple that with it being outside and I think it will be absolutely fine.

Shops, who knows, but I despise shopping anyway so I won’t be going in them either way.

It does make me wonder how I’ll/ we will all adjust back to crowds eventually though. I don’t think twice about crowds at festivals, or pubs things I actually like doing. But pre virus I naturally always avoided shops and anything that would be typically busy. You’d never find me in a supermarket on a Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon, it just wouldn’t happen. I’d never go to a crowded beach, I’d maybe go to the beach but go away from where people are, I don’t know, I just hate conforming with the herd mentality... yeah, not the word herd in the way we’ve come to know it recently.

Its now become second nature to avoid people, in the street etc and just generally and much more so than I already did anyway. It’s going to be very strange adjusting back to being in densely packed crowds, it’s like muscle memory now to avoid even one person. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think most of the protestors have been wearing masks, couple that with it being outside and I think it will be absolutely fine.

Shops, who knows, but I despise shopping anyway so I won’t be going in them either way.

It does make me wonder how I’ll/ we will all adjust back to crowds eventually though. I don’t think twice about crowds at festivals, or pubs things I actually like doing. But pre virus I naturally always avoided shops and anything that would be typically busy. You’d never find me in a supermarket on a Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon, it just wouldn’t happen. I’d never go to a crowded beach, I’d maybe go to the beach but go away from where people are, I don’t know, I just hate conforming with the herd mentality... yeah, not the word herd in the way we’ve come to know it recently.

Its now become second nature to avoid people, in the street etc and just generally and much more so than I already did anyway. It’s going to be very strange adjusting back to being in densely packed crowds, it’s like muscle memory now to avoid even one person. 

Maybe it's just because I'm from the NW, but most beaches I go to are absolutely huge. Distancing has never really been a problem.

20 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I guess it depends on what the circumstances are when the fun crowds come back. I think I'll throw myself back into it if it's post-vaccine or treatment or the virus has just done a SARS or MERS and somehow disappeared. 

My main concern is if vaccine fails and science also fails us with regards to treatment etc and we just have to live with it. We'll get used to it but it'll take time 

On 6/11/2020 at 9:43 PM, Lizzim said:

Are you in Jersey?    We are due to visit at the end of July - we have family there.   Not sure what the situation will be like then for hotels - or if we would have to quarantine  (even though it is the common travel area).   All depending of course on Easy Jet flying and the hotel being open by then.

It's all very strange and confusing.  

Hotel started to open this weekend for staycations so they will / should be open . Exceptions look like they are some of the chains at the moment - eg premier inn. 

There is a trial at the moment for testing as planes land , (optional ) , quarantine for 48 hours and get results , if negative have fun and off you go , another test after 4 days and regular testing over a 14 day period . If you don’t want to go down the testing route then it’s 14 day quarantine . Not sure if the trial will continue or how that works will get ramped up , and no sight at the moment of ‘non emergency ‘ travel taking place . To fly you have to get a government agreement , so no tourist flights at the moment ,which also means I cannot get off the island to see my mum who hasn’t had human contact for 12 weeks 😢😢😢😢

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Hotel started to open this weekend for staycations so they will / should be open . Exceptions look like they are some of the chains at the moment - eg premier inn. 

There is a trial at the moment for testing as planes land , (optional ) , quarantine for 48 hours and get results , if negative have fun and off you go , another test after 4 days and regular testing over a 14 day period . If you don’t want to go down the testing route then it’s 14 day quarantine . Not sure if the trial will continue or how that works will get ramped up , and no sight at the moment of ‘non emergency ‘ travel taking place . To fly you have to get a government agreement , so no tourist flights at the moment ,which also means I cannot get off the island to see my mum who hasn’t had human contact for 12 weeks 😢😢😢😢

Your poor Mum, where is she based? I hope she’s ok.  

Andrew Marr had a short interview with Professor Shattock regarding the vaccine. The professor appeared quietly confident as he said ‘We will be running a very large trial in the UK starting in October after we have completed our safety study....we are also looking to run the trial in other parts of the world.’  

Edited by Ryan1984

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Andrew Marr had a short interview with Professor Shattock regarding the vaccine. The professor appeared quietly confident as he said ‘We will be running a very large trial in the UK starting in October after we have completed our safety study....we are also looking to run the trial in other parts of the world.’  

So does that mean they're effectively rolling out a "beta" version of the vaccine in October?

Party 

Police say that a shocking 6,000 people attended two illegal raves in Greater Manchester last night.

According to Greater Manchester Police, 4,000 people attended a rave in Droylsden, and a further 2,000 were present at one in Carrington.

42 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Party 

Police say that a shocking 6,000 people attended two illegal raves in Greater Manchester last night.

According to Greater Manchester Police, 4,000 people attended a rave in Droylsden, and a further 2,000 were present at one in Carrington.

Just the one death, one rape, three stabbings and assaults on police.

Stay Classy........

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-young-woman-raped-man-18418671

Edited by Copperface

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Party 

The Droylsden one few miles from me :( interestingly the same weekend Parklife should have been on we have 2 raves full of the same demographic!!