When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

49 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

What’s the point of that?

It would be like going to a pub with no beer. 

I guess they are trying to emulate what the parks in America are doing.

For context I have family in Florida and they said that Universal and Disney have been open with free entry just to go for a walk (not to ride on any rides). Locals have really enjoyed it because it has helped them cope with lockdown as it gives off the feeling like you are having a “day out”. When was the last time you could say to yourself that you’ve genuinely had a day out? I can totally see the rational. It’s a nice place to go for a walk! Then again Florida has much better weather.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

I can't find the videos now but there were 2 showing:

• MPs queue with Mogg in it, think it's near the Alton towers queue inside everyone was less than 1m away and all chatting including Mogg
  • After the so called deep clean in the chamber after Alok left, there was a glass of what left on the Tory side all during the cleaning and was not disposed of... guess who drank from it when they came back?? Bloody Mogg!!

They have no clue on their own bloody rules, Mogg doubled down earlier than MPs would not need to isolate as they are social distancing in the chamber, which is indoors, with people who are in there for more than 15 mins, touching all sorts!! You could not make this up tbh - great lead by example guys :huh:

Do you think he's playing herd immunity with Parliament? With an assumption the older and at risk/shielding will stay away, so they can all catch it and then do away with the silly rules that apply to the little people (and get a full crowd behind Boris)? The weeks of isolation would be a good way to tick down some time ahead of Brexit, and we know they believe in survival of the fittest.

This about sums up the "example" they clearly want to set to the rest of us...

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Alton Towers opens this weekend! Woo hoo!

No rides or rollercoasters will be open though.

I’ve been there and managed to get on a coaster only a few times every visit  I Accompanied around 120 teenagers on a school day out. We Spent  the whole day chasing them out the bars, dealing with relationship break ups,  confiscating substances (didn’t mind doing that😉), puking 🤮 kids, looking in the gardens for couples doing what teenagers do  and of course the shoplifting in the motorway services!

i must have enjoyed it, did the trip every year for 25 years😀!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Trouble is I really don't see how they can enforce the mask wearing on public transport. There's barely ever a member of staff at a tube station, let alone on the actual tube. Also it will create a lot of aggro for transport workers. But broadly a good move.

It will hardly be policed...but they hope more people will do it, and more people will then use public transport and go to fuckin work.

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Facemasks to be mandatory on public transport from 15th June.

Why not from tomorrow? I know shops etc but people still have to use the tube etc now and it's not like it's socially distanced. You can tell the people making the rules don't use these services....

4 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

It's easier to socially distance in shops so maybe not as necessary?  

I guess it'd take away some of the cough/sneeze/talk->land on surface-> touch and get infected type transmissions at the very least (which must be happening considering the constant focus on hand washing). Plus the mythical "how long does it hang around in the air" would be irrelevant. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Why not from tomorrow? I know shops etc but people still have to use the tube etc now and it's not like it's socially distanced. You can tell the people making the rules don't use these services....

to give people a chance to get them I presume ? 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I guess it'd take away some of the cough/sneeze/talk->land on surface-> touch and get infected type transmissions at the very least (which must be happening considering the constant focus on hand washing). Plus the mythical "how long does it hang around in the air" would be irrelevant. 

That would involve touching your face.  I guess in that situation you would touch your mask instead...let's hope people wash them regularly

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I suppose that makes sense. I can't believe how much worse we are though - other countries giving them out at the entrance to their public transport. I imagine we'll just be using t shirts

Yes they should for sure be handing them out ... if it takes away a slight amount of risk for others why are we so different making these decisions to other countries 

Just now, zahidf said:

They've probably decided it's better to allow facemasks as a precursor to reducing the distance to 1m

it's the only way that distance thing can be remotely acceptable and actually work. I also imagine the WHO's advice on 1m is on the assumption of mask wearing