When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Cherry Tree said:

What about Shergar?

From Popbitch, the other day.

"It's definitely not credible, but my absolute fave conspiracy theory. Some years ago a shitfaced horse racing millionaire was telling me that the Queen is going on so strong because she was ill and had Shergar's heart donated in a transplant. And that's where Shergar went."

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Bojo wants to reduce the 2m rule, Whitty wants to keep it for duration of epidemic. Who will win? BET NOW!

I have to say in yesterday's briefing Whitty looked really pissed off, especially for the 1st 10-15 minutes..

Bojo also talking about opening hairdressers early (poss 15th June) inline with other non-essential businesses, I expect that will be announced next week on the day he turns up.

If he is pushing for 1m rule that will be by the end of the month for when the pubs reopen on 4th July to celebrate our independence day (que lots of front page news fodder)

That's my bet

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s a convenient distraction from the big story, next week they’ll discover who killed and Diana and if they’re still talking about Cummings then I think we’ll finally find out what happened to Lord Lucan.  

Tbf I doubt the German police force are going to be interested on giving the UK govt a hand to distract from Cummings ...

15 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I have to say in yesterday's briefing Whitty looked really pissed off, especially for the 1st 10-15 minutes..

Bojo also talking about opening hairdressers early (poss 15th June) inline with other non-essential businesses, I expect that will be announced next week on the day he turns up.

If he is pushing for 1m rule that will be by the end of the month for when the pubs reopen on 4th July to celebrate our independence day (que lots of front page news fodder)

That's my bet

Downing st confirmed today hairdressers wont reopen until July 

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The protests are not down to the government, they’ve been sparked by an external event.

Other than that we can have 6 people round to our gardens or travel to an outdoor spot like a beach, oh and schools are open. That’s it really isn’t it?

If they’re going for a second spike I think they’re doing it rather half heartedly, compared to say Italy where shops, bars, cafes, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers are all open. On 15th June Theatres and cinemas will open, and they’ve now opened their borders to Europeans without any need for quarantine.  

We are about 2-3 weeks behind them though, our lockdown has never been as strict and within 2 weeks we'll have most things open as well. 

Assuming that Alok Sharma got tested yesterday, do you think he will get his results back in 24 hours, or even 48. If positive how quickly will the contact tracers take to contact those he has been in contact with, although that obviously won’t include anyone in Parliament as they have a strict two metre rule.

35 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

We are about 2-3 weeks behind them though, our lockdown has never been as strict and within 2 weeks we'll have most things open as well. 

Factually our daily peak of deaths was just over three weeks after theirs. They opened Bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers back on 18th May. We will not open any of those until at least July 1st, I make that 6 weeks.

No sign of when Gyms and hairdressers will open here again. 

The only thing that will be opens in two weeks here that isn’t already are non essential shops, they opened in Italy on 18th May. By the time we open non essential shops they will have opened up Cinemas and theatres again, they probably will not open here until September.

Factually the only thing that we are ahead of them on, relative to our individual timeframes are schools (they go back in September) and top level football, which restarts there on 20th June a few days after ours, but without crowds that’s fairly irrelevant.

Comparably everything else in Ital has opened up or will open up way more than three weeks earlier, and in many cases at least 6 weeks or longer on the relative scale of where each country is with the pandemic.

In terms of how strict out lockdowns where, we could exercise outside near our homes, that’s the only extra liberty we got. 

32 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Assuming that Alok Sharma got tested yesterday, do you think he will get his results back in 24 hours, or even 48. If positive how quickly will the contact tracers take to contact those he has been in contact with, although that obviously won’t include anyone in Parliament as they have a strict two metre rule.

"strict"

34 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

I can feel another Durham Dash coming 

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

"strict"

I can't find the videos now but there were 2 showing:

• MPs queue with Mogg in it, think it's near the Alton towers queue inside everyone was less than 1m away and all chatting including Mogg
  • After the so called deep clean in the chamber after Alok left, there was a glass of what left on the Tory side all during the cleaning and was not disposed of... guess who drank from it when they came back?? Bloody Mogg!!

They have no clue on their own bloody rules, Mogg doubled down earlier than MPs would not need to isolate as they are social distancing in the chamber, which is indoors, with people who are in there for more than 15 mins, touching all sorts!! You could not make this up tbh - great lead by example guys :huh:

Edited by shoptildrop