When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Excess deaths are the figure we need to be looking at according to experts (Whitty) and the PM. Here they are, there is no hiding from it we have the worse figures in Europe.

98BB8D28-A752-417E-B5A5-A889D5DB4EA8.png

I agree with you. There is no defending the amount of deaths that have occurred and I’m not trying to.

I just find the tweets comparing daily death totals quiet unhelpful and create unnecessary anxiety amongst people. There is a narrative we’re ahead of easing lockdown measures with higher deaths in comparison to other countries, and this simply isn’t true.

Things are far from back to normal here, compared to the majority of the rest of Europe.

9 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I agree with you. There is no defending the amount of deaths that have occurred and I’m not trying to.

I just find the tweets comparing daily death totals quiet unhelpful and create unnecessary anxiety amongst people. There is a narrative we’re ahead of easing lockdown measures with higher deaths in comparison to other countries, and this simply isn’t true.

Things are far from back to normal here, compared to the majority of the rest of Europe.

Well yes they do play a part in creating anxiety I agree. 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think that’s a common misconception though. If you look at what the current restrictions are in Italy and Spain as an example, and when they introduced them it’s all relative on the timeline.

For example Bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers have been open for a few weeks in Italy, Bars and restaurants will not open here until at least July and hairdressers and Gyms sometime after that.

Cinemas and Theatres will reopen on 15th June, when will they open here?

Well I hope you're right. My perception is is that other European countries have taken their lockdown far more seriously and are still managing to social distance and wear masks etc. Social distancing is long gone round where I live and it's very rare to see a mask.

I've been watching a couple clips of the protests in London which are getting very heated. I can't help but think about the possible spread of this virus, I fully support the cause of the protests, but I really hope this won't lead to an increase in infection. Just looking at how close all the people are to each other makes me feel uneasy.

9 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

He had to be there to vote.

I know because of the stupid Mogg rule..... it's nuts tbh but according to Mogg MPs near him don't need to self isolate as they are social distancing mmmhhh yet if it was Joe public we would have to - one rule for them another for the plebs

On a side note I do hope the guy gets well soon 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I've been watching a couple clips of the protests in London which are getting very heated. I can't help but think about the possible spread of this virus, I fully support the cause of the protests, but I really hope this won't lead to an increase in infection. Just looking at how close all the people are to each other makes me feel uneasy.

Same here. There are some incredible photographs of John Boyega but the amount of people around him in close proximity is a worry.

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm watching Dispatches - while we all know how much of a shambles it's been on here I'm hoping this very reserved but factual programme gets through to some of those who think they did a good job 

One thing about the Dispatches show that stands out looking back, is that there was an awful lot of mixed messaging and confusing comments from our scientists as well. Certainly at odds with that they are saying now.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Dispatches did throw up one new revelation to me....that Macron called Johnson on the day we announced official lockdown, lost his temper and threatened to close the border. I assume that included goods.

So if he hadn't had that call, would we have locked down even later, if at all?

There was also the call he apparently had with the Italian leader during the weeks of inaction where he was apparently banging on about herd immunity...

I’m probably in the minority here but seeing all the beaches packed, ridiculous queue in places such as IKEA and the protests in London etc... that I’m starting to just think the country may as well be opened up.  Due to the lax rules there is no way in turning this around and stopping all of the above happening now.  Plus add to that the shops will all be opening next week too. 

May as well just have run Glastonbury and whatever other festival with extra hand sanitiser and followed the rest of the country! 

(having a down and very frustrated morning)

11 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Agreed. I was tempted to cycle into town on Sat and support the protest but thought social distancing would be a nightmare, even if I stayed to the fringes. Those images don't encourage me to attend any time soon.