When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

35 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yeah this would be my reasoning too.....there's been no uptick in infections that the uptick in death's could at be attributed to.

the problem is can we actually believe these figures now ? are any of the figures they tell us accurate ? 

Wow, we really are an international exemplar! And still BBC news editorial line is "go easy on them". Their main headline on the news website: "Humanity must unite" in vaccine hunt says PM"- in many ways they're complicit in this s*** show

Edited by Mr.Tease

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the problem is can we actually believe these figures now ? are any of the figures they tell us accurate ? 

Probably not.  Certainly something has changed over the past 7 days, and it's making me nervous.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Wow, we really are an international exemplar! And still BBC news editorial line is "go easy on them". Their main headline on the news website: "Humanity must unite" in vaccine hunt says PM"- in many ways they're complicit in this s*** show

We are the envy of the world remember. 

All this has happened the PM had the nerve to get annoyed at scrutiny from Starmer. He would really like it if we all just accepted him as our overlord. 

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just as we start to rise we let the vulnerable out ... im shitting it !!!

Yeah I can appreciate. I have a guy on my team who is a transplant patient and is shielding.  At present everything we do can be done from home but he's very anxious about when that changes, although being in the vulnerable category I've assured him he'll be one of the last to be asked back in to office.

Hope you are afforded the same concessions bud 🤞

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Yeah I can appreciate. I have a guy on my team who is a transplant patient and is shielding.  At present everything we do can be done from home but he's very anxious about when that changes, although being in the vulnerable category I've assured him he'll be one of the last to be asked back in to office.

Hope you are afforded the same concessions bud 🤞

im just vulnerable .. so heading back on the 15th ... I need to do it for my own sanity ... work have been accommodating so far but its difficult working from home in retail :) 

35 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It’s relative to where our peak was in relation to each of those countries though.

Italy’s highest daily deaths total was March 27th, ours was April 21st, so why would we be on similar numbers to them now? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s relative to where our peak was in relation to each of those countries though.

Italy’s highest daily deaths total was March 27th, ours was April 21st, so why would we be on similar numbers to them now? 

Agreed, people need to remember we've been a month behind the rest of Europe for a while now and that could mean we'll be in the same situation as they are right now in a month's time so hopefully start of July we'll have a few more freedoms 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

A month behind yet the highest death rate in Europe, people can’t have it both ways. 

But the death rate is something entirely different.

Comparing daily death totals is fairly pointless and using it as a means of comparison is meaningless.

For example, on March 15th Italy has 368 deaths we only had 15, was everyone slating Italy and holding as up as a shining beacon of success then?

If we were behind on the way up we’ll be behind on the way down as well.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

But no other countries were easing so many restrictions when their death rate was still so high. That's the worry. We have eased more restrictions now than some of those countries with no deaths. Because our government simply does not give a fuck.

I think comparing deaths is relevant because it's impossible to get a decent handle on numbers of cases. Hospital admissions maybe, but testing is all over the shop.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But the death rate is something entirely different.

Comparing daily death totals is fairly pointless and using it as a means of comparison is meaningless.

For example, on March 15th Italy has 368 deaths we only had 15, was everyone slating Italy and holding as up as a shining beacon of success then?

If we were behind on the way up we’ll be behind on the way down as well.

I understand the difference. Comparing death totals is a perfectly valid means of comparison and is one our government did for about 8 weeks till the data didn't suit them anymore. Every week more and more of the data comes out that shows how bad the situation in the UK has been, we had the time to prepare compared with others and still have the highest in Europe. Even the comparable mortality rates against the past 5 years average shows as the worst in Europe. Ok we might be behind Europes position time-wise, although they kept on telling us it was only 2 weeks not a month so no ides where that is from.

You can't have it both ways defend those stats from today by saying we behind then dismiss the total death figures either.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I understand the difference. Comparing death totals is a perfectly valid means of comparison and is one our government did for about 8 weeks till the data didn't suit them anymore. Every week more and more of the data comes out that shows how bad the situation in the UK has been, we had the time to prepare compared with others and still have the highest in Europe. Even the comparable mortality rates against the past 5 years average shows as the worst in Europe. Ok we might be behind Europes position time-wise, although they kept on telling us it was only 2 weeks not a month so no ides where that is from.

You can't have it both ways defend those stats from today by saying we behind then dismiss the total death figures either.

I agree, it's made all the worse by the fact that we were 3 weeks behind Italy and still somehow ended up with a worse out come despite the heads up 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

But no other countries were easing so many restrictions when their death rate was still so high. That's the worry. We have eased more restrictions now than some of those countries with no deaths. Because our government simply does not give a fuck.

I think comparing deaths is relevant because it's impossible to get a decent handle on numbers of cases. Hospital admissions maybe, but testing is all over the shop.

I think that’s a common misconception though. If you look at what the current restrictions are in Italy and Spain as an example, and when they introduced them it’s all relative on the timeline.

For example Bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers have been open for a few weeks in Italy, Bars and restaurants will not open here until at least July and hairdressers and Gyms sometime after that.

Cinemas and Theatres will reopen on 15th June, when will they open here?

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I agree, it's made all the worse by the fact that we were 3 weeks behind Italy and still somehow ended up with a worse out come despite the heads up 

Our deaths per million compared to Italy is 585 vs 565, we were three weeks behind them on the way up, why is it a shock or a surprise that the same applies on the way down? 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

BBC still have the story up

Coronavirus: Is this a way of getting festivals going again? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52893654

Thanks. Testing as it currently works will never be reliable enough for this. It is a long shot idea but hopefully it encourages others to think about how we get gigs and festivals back soonest. 

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think you can have it both ways in the sense that a tweet with daily death totals for countries at completely different stages in the timeline (and massively varying populations) is no more useful now, than it would’ve been back when Italy were recording significantly higher daily death figures than us.

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Our deaths per million compared to Italy is 585 vs 565, we were three weeks behind them on the way up, why is it a shock or a surprise that the same applies on the way down? 

Excess deaths are the figure we need to be looking at according to experts (Whitty) and the PM. Here they are, there is no hiding from it we have the worse figures in Europe.

98BB8D28-A752-417E-B5A5-A889D5DB4EA8.png