When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

What would happen if you failed the test in the queue at something like Glastonbury though? Not allowed in at all?

I would assume unfortunately not. it would be shit of course, but at the same time a way for a festival to viably go ahead.

Individually depending on how much you love Glasto you’d probably want to try and self isolate a week beforehand, and try and get a personal test at the last possible moment as well to limit disappointment.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Just now, Ozanne said:

It’s still limited to 50 MPs in the Chamber. 

PMQs guys, common Starmer.

Ah thanks, was wondering what the deal was. Will that really make that much of a difference for Johnson then?!

When are they planning on bringing the numbers up following yesterday's vote?

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Ah thanks, was wondering what the deal was. Will that really make that much of a difference for Johnson then?!

When are they planning on bringing the numbers up following yesterday's vote?

It’s separate as the speaker determines the rules for the chamber and has limited the number of MPs. Yesterday’s vote was just about future voting for MPs. 

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I would assume unfortunately not. it would be shit of course, but at the same time a way for a festival to viably go ahead.

Individually depending on how much you love Glasto you’d probably want to try and self isolate a week beforehand, and try and get a personal test at the last possible moment as well to limit disappointment.

When we are talking about something like this...are we just thinking for the short term?  Next festival or 2?  Or until there is a vaccine?  

23 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I guess so. It would be quite unfair really for people who couldn’t have that much time off or weren’t able to isolate before going. 

If it was the only way it’s better than nothing but I’m not sure it would work that well in practice

1 minute ago, ModernMan said:

I guess so. It would be quite unfair really for people who couldn’t have that much time off or weren’t able to isolate before going. 

If it was the only way it’s better than nothing but I’m not sure it would work that well in practice

I think it could really put some people off going.  People who travel miles across the country or even fly from the other side of the world are not going to book time off work and take that risk if they might be turned away at the door.

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Not like Boris to get angry about being scrutinised....

That was brilliant. Boris was getting so angry yet Starmer sat their calmly. Boris was shown up again as having nothing in response to a well prepared questioning. He gets angry about the Leader of the Opposition giving a bit of scrutiny, I’m sure he’d much like the job without these pesky MPs challenging him on his performance.  

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

I think it could really put some people off going.  People who travel miles across the country or even fly from the other side of the world are not going to book time off work and take that risk if they might be turned away at the door.

Completely agree. Also what about acts/staff/stalls. 

Festivals either go ahead as close to normal as possible, or not at all in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Completely agree. Also what about acts/staff/stalls. 

Festivals either go ahead as close to normal as possible, or not at all in my opinion. 

If this saves millions of jobs in the industry, then I'm all for it. I think people will just have to use their judgement if they want to risk travelling there only to have to return. 

I kinda am hating this PMQs. SO many big issues getting a one sentence response but very specific local issues getting a longer response from Johnson, also the local issues just mean less time for more important questions. 

What's the point of pmqs if the response is just "we'll think about dealing with it"

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think considering the country has got bored of the virus 

I know what you mean - it was all the rage a few months ago too! It's like the Babylon Zoo of pandemics; could prob have benefited from a stronger long term marketing strategy.

31 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

When we are talking about something like this...are we just thinking for the short term?  Next festival or 2?  Or until there is a vaccine?  

There are so many possible variables and unknowns at the moment it would be impossible to guess.

Hopefuly just the next one, or even not at all.

At the moment festivals can’t go ahead, they’re not allowed. This is one way you could possibly get round that and enable them to go ahead.

It may be that before such a system could be implemented the government lift restrictions and festivals can go ahead anyway. It then becomes an issue of individual risk assessments about attending such events.

if it were to be an indefinite requirement, then that would be because we can’t find a vaccine, immunity is short lived and the virus continues to circulate year on year in the same way, with the constant threat of health services being overrun, so festivals remain too risky to be allowed. Hopefully that scenario is unlikely.

I guess Melvin Benn looking at different options is acknowledging all those unknowns, and rather than wait for things to unfold in front of them, it’s looking at ways to take things into their own hands and make festivals viable again regardless of how the situation is ends up.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Just catching up on PMQs. Boris is out to lunch.

Think Starmer is doing well again here despite Boris seemingly shifting his stance and going on the attack. He's very measured and meticulous in his criticism. My worry is that won't resonate with enough people though. A significant number of the public are obviously swayed by bravado and "charisma" rather than facts.

Sorry for the third consecutive post, but just finished up Keir's questions. Christ. I think that's the worst I've ever seen Boris come across. He's a spoilt little child.

Edit; Daily Mail even admitting Boris was rattled: "The gloves are (finally) off: Keir Starmer rattles Boris Johnson over COVID-19 BAME deaths, track and trace failures and schools as the coronavrus political cease-fire comes to an explosive end"

Edited by jparx