When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I feel it's best to probably not comment much further, but I don't think either of us are suited to comment on the merits of a protest for the black community (going by your wording I'm assuming you're not that ethnicity).

Gizmoman has a proud history of posting up social media posts designed to get the in-breds waving their pitch-forks at those silly lefties.  The first one I saw in this thread was a pearler: whilst Boris was on a ventilator, gizmonan retweeted a twitter post from Andy Ngo (far-right twitter troll) showing a female anti-fascist protester holding a 'death to Boris' poster on a march.  (Turns out that that photo had been taken months before Covid hit the UK let alone Boris, but why let that get in the way of a good witch-hunt against those pesky anti-fascists?)  He's also got form on this thread promoting anti-vaxxers.  He's a useful resource - keeps up to speed with what's going on in the far-right, anti-science echo chamber.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Andre91 said:

So can I go and visit my Mum for the first time in almost 3 months and sleep in a tent in the garden? 

aparently not ... I asked this a few pages back ... apparently government answer no to that question ......

11 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Gizmoman has a proud history of posting up social media posts designed to get the in-breds waving their pitch-forks at those silly lefties.  The first one I saw in this thread was a pearler: whilst Boris was on a ventilator, gizmonan retweeted a twitter post from Andy Ngo (far-right twitter troll) showing a female anti-fascist protester holding a 'death to Boris' poster on a march.  (Turns out that that photo had been taken months before Covid hit the UK let alone Boris, but why let that get in the way of a good witch-hunt against those pesky anti-fascists?)  He's also got form on this thread promoting anti-vaxxers.  He's a useful resource - keeps up to speed with what's going on in the far-right, anti-science echo chamber.

Didn't think there were many in-breds with pitchforks round these parts, plenty of lefties though! Just to put the record straight (again), it wasn't a photo retweeted it was a video in which she said "I want Boris to die of a horrible disease" I thought it relevant as he had just been confirmed with covid, I had no idea who Andy Ngo was it just happened to be the first place I found the video I had seen elsewhere some time previously. I've spent the last week on here saying Dominic Cummings should be sacked in contrast to all the "far right" commentators so maybe my politics are a bit more varied than you seem to think. Anti-science or alternative views on science? There are plenty of experts with differing opinions but it's true I've mentioned the anti-vaxxers, you missed out 5G though! I've been banging on about Vitamin D too but maybe that's not quite far out enough for me to be anti-science in that respect. Anyway nice to be of service. It's always good to get an alternative view I'm sure you'll agree.

Just now, WestCountryGirl said:

Well, yes. In order to visit them I would have to stay overnight away from home, which is apparently going to be illegal, according to that post. Unless I've misunderstood.

I forgot you would have to travel to see them, sorry!

Interesting article from a German modeller who has accurately predicted the spread of the virus in London.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/31/covid-19-expert-karl-friston-germany-may-have-more-immunological-dark-matter

Encouragingly, he's not hugely concerned about the relaxation in the UK triggering a second peak, more that there could be one whenever immunity wears off - which we don't have much idea about right now.

I felt actually pretty optimistic after reading that.

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Aye, just the 300 miles. And don't worry - not expecting everyone to keep tabs on where everyone on the forum is in relation to their parents!

So close as well. You can stay overnight if you're "a child that does not live in the same household as their parents". I mean, you're their child, but I'm guessing you're not actually a child?

19 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Ffs. So now I'd have to actually break the law to go and see my parents. Literal worst nightmare, just getting worse.

I suspect that rule is to stop people staying at the coast etc. in campervans and motorhomes. Should be safe enough in a house.