When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Starmer hasn't had to do much this week, just gently ramped up the pressure as it's gone on. Saying he would've sacked Cummings thus telling those unhappy people he would've acted. Another week like that and Labour will be in front.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

For a cabinet containing former journalists and PR execs, and no doubt advised by some expensive PR's, they are terrible at communication.

49 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Poll came out quite a while back 

0B0469DA-65E1-42DC-8AE9-3B5E63D1D43B.png

Presumably there was one extra infraction when only two were needed.

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Starmer hasn't had to do much this week, just gently ramped up the pressure as it's gone on. Saying he would've sacked Cummings thus telling those unhappy people he would've acted. Another week like that and Labour will be in front.

It doesn't matter.  We're 4.5 years from anyone having to make that choice. 

If the polls turn towards Labour, the Tories will just start their next phase of Operation Bullshit.  Which is why they kept Cummings.  Which is why they keep winning.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

If the polls turn towards Labour, the Tories will just start their next phase of Operation Bullshit.  Which is why they kept Cummings.  Which is why they keep winning.

It matters to me. After December I'm taking every win I can get here, besides polls closing like this is a big deal even if an election is a way off.

It isn't much of a different but we are just under 4 years away from the next GE.

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Under 4 years! Next GE is 2nd May 2024.

Not that it changes your point much, just a fraction easier to stomach the Tories for 3 years and 11 months versus 4 and a half years 😝

I don't think this is going to be plain sailing for them though. Public consensus is really starting to build that they've done an awful job with this, and Cummings has tipped a lot of people over the edge, and Labour haven't even lifted a finger.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Under 4 years! Next GE is 2nd May 2024.

Not that it changes your point much, just a fraction easier to stomach the Tories for 3 years and 11 months versus 4 and a half years 😝

I don't think this is going to be plain sailing for them though. Public consensus is really starting to build that they've done an awful job with this, and Cummings has tipped a lot of people over the edge, and Labour haven't even lifted a finger.

Spot on mate. 

This will really show people what the Tories are like especially lead by Boris. Starmer has so much ammunition to use going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Spot on mate. 

This will really show people what the Tories are like especially lead by Boris. Starmer has so much ammunition to use going forward. 

Plus Boris has four more years to make an utter tit of himself, and Starmer is a very well balanced, sensible leader who will basically be the straight man the entire time. 

Also, LOL:

EZSZoeQWoAAy1zy?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Plus Boris has four more years to make an utter tit of himself, and Starmer is a very well balanced, sensible leader who will basically be the straight man the entire time. 

Also, LOL:

EZSZoeQWoAAy1zy?format=jpg&name=900x900

That's if Boris makes it to the next GE, there's a very real possibility he becomes too much of a liability in the eyes of the Tories.

16 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Starmer still has to do a PMQs with the booing, baying-for-blood pantomime Tories in tow.

If he can get through that, we all really can start believing.

He did really well as shadow Brexit secretary in that kind of situation. I think he'll cope to be honest.