When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Isn't the poll they're hyping about whether Cummings should be sacked? Or are they releasing a few different ones?

No idea, from the comments people seem to think it's a voting intention poll. Does the Observer release a voting intention one every weekend?

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Will 2 days really make much difference ? Why do they release that things will be able to happen like this ... it’s not like we need notice is it ? 

Scotland announced changes on Thursday to take effect from Friday.

It's almost like Boris needed something to distract people?

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Scotland announced changes on Thursday to take effect from Friday.

It's almost like Boris needed something to distract people?

I’ve just got to make arrangements so I can get the social distancing right in my garden ... getting the whitewash out so I can paint the circles now ... maybe the government have got some whitewash they can lend me ... they seem to have deployed a lot of late 

I mentioned this previously, but why announce on a Sunday that people could go back to work the very next day (I know there was confusion over this with it then being Wednesday) But then announce this, four days in advance, with a blistering hot weekend in between?

And then they turn round and say don’t jump the gun and expect people not to.

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I mentioned this previously, but why announce on a Sunday that people could go back to work the very next day (I know there was confusion over this with it then being Wednesday) But then announce this, four days in advance, with a blistering hot weekend in between?

And then they turn round and say don’t jump the gun and expect people not to.

They know people will do exactly what is happening and it gives them the perfect opportunity to blame the public.

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

They know people will do exactly what is happening and it gives them the perfect opportunity to blame the public.

Yeah, there is certainly no logic to it other than for duplicitous reasons.

Give public transport less than 12 hours notice to prepare for people suddenly returning to work, but give us four days to prepare to go to somebody’s garden. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They've done it again: give them some football news, that'll shut the plebs up.

Meanwhile just seen a news story about overcrowding on trains to Bournemouth...

Even as a football fan I hate the idea of it coming back. It's a waste of resources, meaning tests, which I know are from private and different sources but maybe it's my Corbynite tendencies but I don't believe there should be separate private testing like this in a pandemic. So many of them are being tested twice a week while we cover up how few normal people have been tested. We could have huge, policy changing data now if we rolled testing out for all without a profit motive. Instead of speculating about asymptomatic cases etc we'd know. We've let business and the markets have too much power.

Edited by efcfanwirral