When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

...gaslighting the population into thinking they had misunderstood them all along.

Yes. That's exactly the term. Just like a psychologically abusive partner or family member etc. Is that how they view the electorate? Just something to wield power over? "You chose to be with us. Now we'll behave as we like".

The tories (correctly) passed laws that made behaviour like that in a relationship punishable with jail time.

Typed the above then found this on the .gov website. Amusingly apt I thought.

It involves a pattern of behaviour or incidents that enable a person to exert power or control over another, such as isolating a partner from their friends and family, taking control of their finances, everyday activities like what they wear or who they see, or tracking their movements through the internet or mobile phone use.

The domestic abuse definition specifically states:

Controlling behaviour is: a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependant by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

A lot of people I know have been doing it anyway for a while.

They haven’t announced it until now because they knew if they did people wouldn’t keep 2m apart and they’d end up going in each other’s houses etc.

Now they’ve announced it they know the same applies, people won’t keep 2m apart, especially when you get a few mates together drunk etc.

Whatever relaxations they announce the reality will always be more like the next phase to come

Yeah in reality you're right - people have been doing what the fuck they like for ages. I was wondering what my neighbour (who has had multiple guests since the very start and is out there banging a pan without fail every Thursday) thought when she saw that she was now allowed to do something she has done for weeks. Must be odd.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah in reality you're right - people have been doing what the fuck they like for ages. I was wondering what my neighbour (who has had multiple guests since the very start and is out there banging a pan without fail every Thursday) thought when she saw that she was now allowed to do something she has done for weeks. Must be odd.

I don't know...a lot of people seem to be still mostly following the rules to me, from what I can gather from my friends and family and in my local area.

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not Hitler?

4 hours ago, Homer said:

If that’s how this is going then surely Stalin is the top Trump?

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

It’s half 7, Hitler and Stalin have already been referenced 😆

68BFBA1B-D826-4ABB-B0AA-BDECD50D7488.jpeg

Just now, steviewevie said:

I don't know...a lot of people seem to be still mostly following the rules to me, from what I can gather from my friends and family and in my local area.

I guess it varies by area but the parks round here have been full of groups bigger than six for weeks.

Apologies if I have missed any talk on this but I have been seen more discussion recently about people being puzzled as to reasons why countries exiting lockdown are not seeing any, or very little, increases in infections. I have copied a link to one such thread from twitter below and I also saw something from scientists in Denmark. Does anyone here who knows more than I (nothing!) such as @Toilet Duckhave any theories on this. Is it just because social distancing and better hygiene measures are helping or is there something more in it related to the virus becoming weaker or the like? 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I guess it varies by area but the parks round here have been full of groups bigger than six for weeks.

The foreign fruit pickers that haven’t decided to go home have been gathering in droves for a while now too. They all live together in the camp sites though.

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Apologies if I have missed any talk on this but I have been seen more discussion recently about people being puzzled as to reasons why countries exiting lockdown are not seeing any, or very little, increases in infections. I have copied a link to one such thread from twitter below and I also saw something from scientists in Denmark. Does anyone here who knows more than I (nothing!) such as @Toilet Duckhave any theories on this. Is it just because social distancing and better hygiene measures are helping or is there something more in it related to the virus becoming weaker or the like? 

I was wondering the other day if South America becoming the epicentre, and the drop in cases in Europe even with lockdown easing could suggest a seasonality to it which we're starting to benefit from? Total guess though.

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

This article did the rounds about a month ago, I don’t know if there is any truth in at all or if there is any link:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-israeli-prof-claims-simple-stats-show-virus-plays-itself-out-after-70-days/

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This article did the rounds about a month ago, I don’t know if there is any truth in at all or if there is any link:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-israeli-prof-claims-simple-stats-show-virus-plays-itself-out-after-70-days/

Thanks, an interesting article but as with you I have no idea if its just another idea that can be rubbished or whether there is something it in. I suppose with each day that goes by and more data is available we will find out more. 

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

The foreign fruit pickers that haven’t decided to go home have been gathering in droves for a while now too. They all live together in the camp sites though.

Weird that we shipped in foreign fruit pickers, I thought the 52% who think we don't need migrant workers would be gagging to volunteer at their local farm!

Just now, jparx said:

I was wondering the other day if South America becoming the epicentre, and the drop in cases in Europe even with lockdown easing could suggest a seasonality to it which we're starting to benefit from? Total guess though.

I think covid's still going strong in India, don't know if that means it's not affected by heat/sun that much or if it's more to do with how they've been dealing with it (badly?).

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thanks, an interesting article but as with you I have no idea if its just another idea that can be rubbished or whether there is something it in. I suppose with each day that goes by and more data is available we will find out more. 

Probably too early to come to any conclusions.....fingers crossed it will just die out and we'll all be allowed to hug each other etc (and go to work I guess).

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

We have the recall petition available to us which is through The Recall of MPs Act 2015 and is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that makes provision for constituents to be able to recall their Member of Parliament (MP) and call a by-election. This petition is successful if at least one in ten voters in the constituency sign.

You missed out the most important part, they have to have been convicted of a (fairly serious) criminal offence, so that wouldn't apply in this case.

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yeah, the guy is a mathematician so not necessarily any science behind it.

An interesting concept in the tweet you posted is cross-immunisation though. It is strange that you can have situations when for example a husband gets it but the wife doesn’t. Pure speculation of course but there is always the possibility that a portion of the population are simply immune to it.

I think Boris himself described Coronavirus as a puzzle that needed solving and it’s certainly that.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I wonder why Johnson announced the easing of certain lockdown rules meaning people can have bbqs togetheer on the Thursday before a sunny weekend even though not supposed to come into effect until Monday? Can't think why.

So they can make a few more quid from fining people over the weekend.