When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It needs to be publicised more, people need to see what is going on. It might sound over the top but eventually if enough builds up I would hope that Boris resigns. (Obviously I'd rather hope that no one is dying!)

If Boris resigns we'll have someone who wants lockdown to end immediately like Gove https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/20/doves-hawks-uk-covid-19-lockdown-policy

The mad thing is - i think we're safer with Boris in charge..

The irony of Boris backstabbing May around Brexit and forcing her out, so he could take his dream job; only to be hit with COVID-19 and dealing with it so badly is satire of the highest order.

I only wish so many lives weren’t wasted for this to have happened to Boris.

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its not like Labour is taking over - if he goes then the change won't be in our favour...

There's more likelihood of Boris winning a GE than Gove. I think Boris is the only Tory that can win an outright majority. Gove isn't liked very much.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

There's more likelihood of Boris winning a GE than Gove. I think Boris is the only Tory that can win an outright majority. Gove isn't liked very much.

Unfortunately I think thats why they'll put him in soon, sounds like he's pretty close with Cummings in shaping the country for after Brexit.

They only need a good smear against  Starmer that sticks. It doesnt need to be true 

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Unfortunately I think thats why they'll put him in soon, sounds like he's pretty close with Cummings in shaping the country for after Brexit.

They only need a good smear against  Starmer that sticks. It doesnt need to be true 

How dare you, nothing will smear that great, beautiful man.

54 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

So Iraqi deaths don't count? Blair has far more blood on his hands

The average Brexiteer won’t give two shits about Iraqi deaths. This is why I mentioned British deaths. Our flag waving countrymen only care about one nationality. If their precious Boris was shown to be responsible for more British deaths than any other PM since the war then some of them might actually use their braincell to change their mind about who we have in charge. 

3 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

Lol. I like what you did, and feel I should acknowledge the joke as it seems to have slipped by.

(If you read the Mail comments on pretty much *any* article you'll know what I mean).

can you enlighten us so we dont have to ? 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Which Prime Minister has the most blood on their hands? 

Churchill is up there as even though he wasn’t in charge of the country when WWII broke out he was heavily involved in organising Gallipoli in WWI. ...

Sorry, off-topic I know, but technically he was just a minister at the time (well, not that simple. His position was equivalent to Defence Minister today).

I wonder who holds the record for (modern - say past 100 years) deaths whilst being in government.  Easy to be at the top with "clean hands" & equally as easy to get them dirty on the way up.

26 minutes ago, Peter North said:

I've seen Lammo outside gigs, looking gaunt and chain-smoking ciggies... not really the picture of health.

Yeah same, but I wouldn't have thought "I'm a big smoker" equates to "I need two months off". But maybe it does. Have not missed him! 

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The average Brexiteer won’t give two shits about Iraqi deaths. This is why I mentioned British deaths. Our flag waving countrymen only care about one nationality. If their precious Boris was shown to be responsible for more British deaths than any other PM since the war then some of them might actually use their braincell to change their mind about who we have in charge. 

But would the average person think that Boris is responsible for all those deaths? Our death rate is very similar to Italy and Spain so it's not as if we are vastly worse than some other countries, for the sake of argument, if Corbyn had won the election what do think the death rate would have been? Much better? Worse? About the same? It's impossible to say of course because we don't know how he would have played it but blaming Boris for all these deaths is not realistic, even if you think he is primarily to blame he has the "I was only following medical advice" excuse which some may well accept.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Come on, we've got to move on, so we can get brexit done.

17 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

Lol. I like what you did, and feel I should acknowledge the joke as it seems to have slipped by.

(If you read the Mail comments on pretty much *any* article you'll know what I mean).

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

can you enlighten us so we dont have to ? 

I like to have a read of a variety of websites over lunch, for entertainment value.  A generally broad spectrum, and some niche sites.

The Mail though usually doesn't fail to disappoint.   Any article, broadly speaking, will have many, many comments about how it is "a Remoanier conspiracy".  "Get Brexit done" is a pretty standard comment.

I don't comment but I do feel sorry for people who might, with honest intention, do.   Any article, any comment, can be pretty much be reduced to the quote from "steviewevie" above.  And don't they drown people out!  I'm all for a free media, and I know the Mail isn't a free house at all, but if you're not about "getting Brexit done" you're going to be buried under a load of comments.

Fascinating the bias, and I feel an under-rated issue of influence.

The DC issue of late was the first time in a long time I've seen the rage of "normal" people overwhelm the usual "brexit / it's a conspiracy / lefty / media done it" comments.  For a short while, the usual comments were washed away, but they're back again now - "real" people pushed out. 

So, I smiled when I saw the joke (I assume it was - I may have embarrassed myself with my amateur analysis of the Mail and their comment section here!).  "Normality" has been resumed on the Mail comment section - back to "Come on, we've got to move on, so we can get brexit done" and less of this real rage about real things.  Lol.

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah same, but I wouldn't have thought "I'm a big smoker" equates to "I need two months off". But maybe it does. Have not missed him! 

Agreed. Wish him well of course, but i think it's time to move on. Would love Tom Ravenscroft in the afternoon.

4 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I like to have a read of a variety of websites over lunch, for entertainment value.  A generally broad spectrum, and some niche sites.

The Mail though usually doesn't fail to disappoint.   Any article, broadly speaking, will have many, many comments about how it is "a Remoanier conspiracy".  "Get Brexit done" is a pretty standard comment.

I don't comment but I do feel sorry for people who might, with honest intention, do.   Any article, any comment, can be pretty much be reduced to the quote from "steviewevie" above.  And don't they drown people out!  I'm all for a free media, and I know the Mail isn't a free house at all, but if you're not about "getting Brexit done" you're going to be buried under a load of comments.

Fascinating the bias, and I feel an under-rated issue of influence.

The DC issue of late was the first time in a long time I've seen the rage of "normal" people overwhelm the usual "brexit / it's a conspiracy / lefty / media done it" comments.  For a short while, the usual comments were washed away, but they're back again now - "real" people pushed out. 

So, I smiled when I saw the joke (I assume it was - I may have embarrassed myself with my amateur analysis of the Mail and their comment section here!).  "Normality" has been resumed on the Mail comment section - back to "Come on, we've got to move on, so we can get brexit done" and less of this real rage about real things.  Lol.

got it .. thanks for explanation