When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah as long as we wipe everything down. To be honest with the case numbers going up still I feel really reticent. For the in-laws especially as they have health conditions.

Maybe best to wait then, if it will cause anxiety you probably won't enjoy it anyway.  But it is nice to have the option.  And let's face it, reckless idiots have probably been doing this anyway. This gives sensible people a chance to see their families in a reasonably safe way, if they want to .

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Seemed a real divergence there between Boris and the scientists. I don't feel as though they were fully on board with this. Vallance mentioning the difference between scientific advice and government policy... They've all seemed, on the surface, quite on the same page until now.

I guess with a government like ours we should be grateful this held up so long. I'm still surprised they locked down at all...

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah as long as we wipe everything down. To be honest with the case numbers going up still I feel really reticent. For the in-laws especially as they have health conditions.

Yeah it isnt safe is it really? We don't know how long it hangs in the air etc and it's not likely every surface (bannister, tap, sink, handles) are all going to get cleaned 

4 hours ago, worthyraver said:

I am as are a lot of people on here I should think.

Why are you interested?

I am extremely concerned about how right wing the Tories are becoming - if now isn't a good time to join then I don't know when would be!

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

Bozza! Bozza! Bozza!

We've got a massive garden, so you're all welcome.

Ha! That has been one of the highlights of lockdown.

Agreed - I don't really like funk but have been really enjoying his shows.

Missed it all as decided to go out and read and hide from my phone.

But BBC just led with lockdown restrictions and CUmmings story. And they included BJ cutting off the scientists and Starmer getting stuck in. It's all still on the table I'd say.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

What did he ask? My Glasto veteran mate (who live in Glastonbury) know him for some reason (must be a local).

He asked them if they were comfortable not being able to answer questions and to nod or shake their heads if they can’t answer verbally. 😂

• Upvote 1

Honestly I am feeling a bit hysterical right now. I can't believe how reckless, how careless they are being, just because their ratings are in the toilet. I want to shout and scream it from the rooftops to people to keep isolating. 

We're doomed. The country is being actively guided into a second wave and there is nothing I can do to stop that happening.

I was scared when this all began over here but I thought we would just have to hunker down for 3-4 months and then the worst would be over, but right now it feels like the worst is yet to come.

Sorry for doom-mongering. As I said, bit hysterical...

6 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Honestly I am feeling a bit hysterical right now. I can't believe how reckless, how careless they are being, just because their ratings are in the toilet. I want to shout and scream it from the rooftops to people to keep isolating. 

We're doomed. The country is being actively guided into a second wave and there is nothing I can do to stop that happening.

I was scared when this all began over here but I thought we would just have to hunker down for 3-4 months and then the worst would be over, but right now it feels like the worst is yet to come.

I agree with you but honestly, you will be able to hunker down for longer and be fine. It's up to us to make our own decisions now, we can't help others loads but are indirectly doing that by looking after ourselves.

There are plenty who see us as weak and scared for our views, so let them make their decisions.

The government have different priorities - only Brexit matters to them and further waves will mask that, to their benefit 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Don’t apologise, it’s very natural to feel that way.

The only thing you can do is make sure yourself and your loved ones are as safe as possible. It will ease in time, if there is a second wave then we’ll have to ride that one out too.

They should’ve locked down earlier, everyone knows that now. There will be a days of reckoning for these people when all their decisions will be laid bare for us to see. At that stage will we finally be able to hold these people to account. In the meantime try to convince those around you to be cautious and stay safe.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I'm not watching the briefings anymore because they just stress me out too much but somebody needs to be asking this question!!!

It is so frustrating I seriously just want to cry.

I’m at the stage almost where I’m going to stop paying attention to it because it is seriously effecting my mood. I’ve been in an awful mood for two days now and that’s the only thing it can be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, i think it echoes how a lot of people feel.

If it helps, most people will be staying at home  im pretty sure. And people meeting up outside and keeping 2 metres about shouldnt have as much of an effect on the R rate.

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can someone clarify as me and the wife have differing interpretations of the new rule...

Is the 6 people meeting thing 6 people but only from 2 households?

Yes that’s my understanding ... ignore me 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can someone clarify as me and the wife have differing interpretations of the new rule...

Nope, can be from as many households as you want according to the guardian

'

When the government announced its coronavirus “roadmap” this month, it said it was examining a plan for “bubbles”, which would see two or more households allowed to in effect combine for social purposes.

But that has been rejected in favour of a simpler approach, which will allow meetings with individuals from different households, as long as they take place outdoors.'

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It’s 6 people regardless of households.