When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah appreciate that. I'm just checking really whether we could/should see ours. Getting pressure from the in-laws to do so, but would have to hire a car, drive up, sit in the garden and not wee at all in the house?

My nephew is 2 and a half years old, I'm desperate to see him (and my other nephew again) but how on earth will I be able to keep him 2 meters away from me!?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah appreciate that. I'm just checking really whether we could/should see ours. Getting pressure from the in-laws to do so, but would have to hire a car, drive up, sit in the garden and not wee at all in the house?

Say you can use the loo just clean everything you touch

Just now, Ozanne said:

My nephew is 2 and a half years old, I'm desperate to see him (and my other nephew again) but how on earth will I be able to keep him 2 meters away from me!?

It's a risk. But the evidence is that 2 year olds are not massive spreaders 

25 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yep, including peoples gardens. You can go through a house to get to a garden but can't go into someone's house for any other reason.

Yep just stress tested this for the girlfriend's parents coming over and the toilet thing completely threw it out the window. 

They both work still, my parents are retired and my mum is in the hospital now with GBS so no way are we risking exposing her. 

This probably helps a lot less people than they think...

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I just do not understand how they are allowing so many places to reopen and loosening restrictions when the daily deaths have been on the rise again the last couple of days. There’s still more people dying each day than there was when we went into lockdown in March. 

I just do not understand 

Lockdown always had a fixed end point for the economy. Also European countries reopened, and remember the Tories are ONLY there for Brexit and its supporters, so it would never be acceptable to be "beaten" by them. 

Unfortunately reopening was never based on deaths

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It's not possible I don't think, sorry to say. So you might have to decide whether to take the risk?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's not possible I don't think, sorry to say. So you might have to decide whether to take the risk?

You are right, me and my Sister have discussed it before this and it's not fair on the little guy. Sadly.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

51vHqCQjMaL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Bit of a tricky one for me, my parents are in their seventies but have been ignoring the fact they’re vulnerable, my mum has still even been working... and she could work from home. It’s her birthday Monday, none of us have seen each other since this started (including their two young grandchildren) but one sibling is against doing anything because they’re in the vulnerable category, and they are right in that regard. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

The rules remain that you can't go within 2 meters of anyone, so I could see them but not go up to them or hug them etc

Then you have a personal decision to make with your family.  Can the distanced be kept, if not then you either don't meet your nephew until its safe to do so or you decide to go ahead as the risks are lower with kids.  If you don't want to do that as it breaks the rules then I guess you'd have to wait until the socially distancing rules are relaxed which could be God only knows when.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You can use the loo.  

Seemed a real divergence there between Boris and the scientists. I don't feel as though they were fully on board with this. Vallance mentioning the difference between scientific advice and government policy... They've all seemed, on the surface, quite on the same page until now.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Bit of a tricky one for me, my parents are in their seventies but have been ignoring the fact they’re vulnerable, my mum has still even been working... and she could work from home. It’s her birthday Monday, none of us have seen each other since this started (including their two young grandchildren) but one sibling is against doing anything because they’re in the vulnerable category, and they are right in that regard. 

I’ve a similar dilemma I saw my folks a week ago in the garden but they are moderating behaviour but carrying on mostly , my brother is visiting and he’s been driving ambulances I don’t want to cause a  family argument but to me this is bonkers so many dilemmas for all of us ... good luck everyone ... there probably isn’t a 100% right answer to anything 

• Upvote 1

For me, I still do not feel that it is safe for up to 6 people to meet up in a garden. I will stay on lockdown for the moment. I just think it's too soon. I really want to see my parents again. But the virus is still out there 😕

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah as long as we wipe everything down. To be honest with the case numbers going up still I feel really reticent. For the in-laws especially as they have health conditions.

I dunno about you but I have a habit of wiping everything down after going to the loo 😉