When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

The actual exchange was even worse.

Hunt tackling PM on testing turnaround time. Why don’t you say I want tests back within 24 hrs?
PM: We’ve done that.
Hunt: You’ve introduced a 24 hr targets?
PM: Yes
Hunt: When by?
PM: I’m not giving you a deadline right now I’ve been forbidden from announcing any new targets

This means that they can announce really popular targets but just not put a timescale.

- we will reduce the base rate of tax to 10% at some point in the future.

- we will increase the NHS budget by £350m a week, no wait a minute he has already got away with that one.

This is moving from Trump Playbook to just plain Orwellian.

Darren hitting home about the universal credit not being generous. - My housemate was offered no help for being self employed because he had not been working for a year just. But he has only jsut got universal credit which doesnt even cover rent

Just received the below from my nan, who voted for Brexit:

"Have you been listening to Boris and questions from mps he’s done nothing but say err and stutter. bet if he’d have known there was going to be all this corona virus trouble he wouldn’t have been so eager to be PM."

The last couple of days have definitely felt different, like that's it. lock down is over for a lot of people  When the rules were first relaxed and everyone was confused (but alert!) the expected swarms of people didn't happen. Whether that was the rubbish weather (and better weather elsewhere), or the local messaging worked, who knows.  Maybe a bit of both,  but probably the weather. 

Then, a really nice day, last Wednesday. The place felt rammed.  Not exactly bank holiday weekend rammed, not even close. In fact it probably wasn't that busy in real terms, just in comparison to the last couple of months. But then, despite the weather being OK, it calmed down again. It almost felt like everyone got it out of their system for a day (like a calmer, more scenic version of The Purge) then went back to staying at home. 

Since the weekend though, all bets are off. Constant traffic on the A591 (main road through the Lake District), car parks full or half full, so many people just wandering about cos there's nothing else to do. And so many people just wandering through our site. Just had to kick two car loads of lads out who'd just pulled into our car park (passing the 'Private, Keep out' sign and then just climbed over the obvious barriers to get to the lake)

I'm dreading this weekend